Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

chipettespose.jpg

Yay Team!!!

I totally know what I'm getting Bono for Valentine's Day: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Alvin-Chipmunks-Squeakquel-Motion-Picture/dp/B002P4VUNK[/ame]

OMG!! The Brave One was one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. I couldn't bear to watch longer than an hour of it. It was so over the top. The first 30 minutes I thought it was going to be a great movie then it just got so far fetched.

OMG! You can get the whole set!

I may have to throw out some of his DVDs to make room for the Chipmunk City. I know he'll love it!

I took my kids to the first Chipmunk movie at the Drive-In too.
I ruined it for them by snoring too loudly in the last half hour.

IT'S COMPLICATED

Fun and warm movie. Meryl's face is beautiful - aging gracefully with no discernable botox; Alec Baldwin is smirky funny and I adore John Krasinski.
Just a nice little movie.

Meryl is making a lot of movies with yummy mouthwatering food.

DVD - Benjamin Button, what a silly idea, but reasonably entertaining & pretty to look at.

What happened to Nic Cage? Did you do too many drugs or something? He was once really fun and kind of quirky interesting (in the 80s I think)- and please take a holiday he makes way too many, and shitty movies.

Bright Star is next for me.

OMG!! The Brave One was one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. I couldn't bear to watch longer than an hour of it. It was so over the top. The first 30 minutes I thought it was going to be a great movie then it just got so far fetched.

I have to agree...I am a huge Jodi Foster fan but this movie was ridiculous and not believable at all.

IT'S COMPLICATED

Eliza jnr is going to Gold Class tomorrow to see it so will be interested to know what she thinks of it.

The Lovely Bones.

I read the book quite a few years ago and after what they did to My Sisters Keeper I am too afraid to go and see it because the book was fantastic.

Avatar - yippee for me, I finally got around to seeing this! The visual effects are absolutely stunning and superb I've never seen anything like it. As soon as I heard the creatures from Pandora speak and interact with nature etc. I immediately thought "American Indians" versus the USA. The language they used, sounds, etc. they way they showed Jake off to everyone when they captured him. I mentally ran though other stories re aborigines and australians, amazon tribes, new guinea etc. etc. but nope I keep getting a strong message/feeling that James Cameron used American Indian tribes as a basis for those of Pandora.

I never like knowing too much about a moview before I see it, all I knew of this was the trailer and that Jake somehow becomes a blue man. As a whole I do not like scientific movies but this didn't have that much, just the obvious meeting of the mind and bodies which was good for me, it didn't leave me thinking "oh what a load of baloney". Pandora is a place I want to be, not with the wild scary animials but at night with the glow in the dark plants and swimming in lakes *sigh* how lovely :)

The people of Pandora were so big, it was great to watch I really believed those people exist. The plot? Well it's pretty simple really, not much substance but it didn't need to be complicated or indepth to hold my attention span and make me enjoy it more. The action and beauty of everything going on around me was fabulous. I'd love to see a sequel.

I took the kids:

10 yr old girl "I loved it, I didn't know anything about it but it was great. It's better that way isn't mum? when you don't know anything about a movie before you see it? I felt sad that those people got killed"

12 year old boy "nah I didn't care that they got killed, I loved it, blowing up people, bombs and guns, it was excellent".

I can now go back and read every one's thoughts about the movie since I've avoided all talk of it. And BTW the people of Pandora may have been blue but they were nothig like the smiling happy smurfs I grew up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a cut and paste of my comments on "Avatar" (ooh, I feel like Margaret Pomeranz):

We got a whopping $1 off for having the 3D glasses already.

You know, that could be the best movie I see at the cinema all year. My other half and I both thought this was a 9/10. Fantastic to see Weta Workshops of Wellington named at the end of the movie - had no idea they were involved.

The special effects etc, in 3 D, just amazing. A very touching and moving story, though it has kind of been done before in one guise with Kevin Costner in "Dances with Wolves", albeit not on another planet in high tech.

Sigourney Weaver and Sam Worthington were both great in this movie, though Sigourney runs quite slow these days. Our Sam was impressive. And I think Agent John Winstead was pretty good as the chief villain.

But the best was all the live action with the CGI effects, and battles with dinosaurs etc. I dunno who they got to model the avatar Jake body, but he's a hottie!! Hell --oooo!!

9/10

I thought the exact same thing when she was running, lol, really really bad effort. :)

Nothing But The Truth on DVD

It's a politcal drama/thriller, it's a very adult movie and by adult I don't mean there is penetration shots just a gritty storyline and great acting.

Kate Beckinsale plays a journalist who finds out about a person she knows is actually a CIA operative and she prints this story and the government who find this to be a big security leak wants her to reveal her source.. She can't do that as it will be giving up her integrity and also no one will ever trust another journo in future with information. Stuff happens to her but that would just be a spoiler.

Last edited:
Salt

It's a movie about a CIA agent and the lives around him. Angelina Jolie is in this. I just realised that she was on TV last week in a movie that had almost the same kind of story called "The Good Shephard"

I have not seen Salt yet but am told it's not bad.

Have just come back from seeing Avatar at gold class with the whole family(got vouchers from work so it didn't cost me anything...well our seats didnt but the kids food and the pancake parlour did :p)

Absolutely loved it! Yes it was blatant story lines of look what we have done to the indigenous people etc. but I still thought it was awesome. It was so beautiful and I loved the story and the magic of it.

Almost makes me want to hug trees :D or at least put my ear to them to see if they are communicating:p

The 7 year old coped with the length of it really well and I think the food half way and unlimited coke helped as well!

Hey Josephine - I saw Up In The Air - I really liked it, yes, I agree it is not really Oscar worthy but it was very well done and G.Clooney is a great actor. What twist were you talking about? I didn't notice any twists in it? I would definitely recommend it to all though!

Hey Josephine - I saw Up In The Air - I really liked it, yes, I agree it is not really Oscar worthy but it was very well done and G.Clooney is a great actor. What twist were you talking about? I didn't notice any twists in it? I would definitely recommend it to all though!

Ah the twist, this one....

When he goes to visit her at her house, only to find she is married with kids. :) I thought this relationship is going to be too good to be true.

Did you feel as though it was a bit preachy, like a warning "you better watch out, you'll end up sad and lonely if you let work take over?" I think most of us know that anyway nowadays. Still it was a tight, well acted movie.

I didn't like his sisters at all, I thought they were quite strange and weird in the movie, I can't explain it but there were parts when they exchanged glances or had moments and I thought "that's a bit overdone". Like they were so offhand and non-inclusive to him yet they call on him to
talk to the fiance' about his wedding nerves, to me that part didn't work because you'd think that the fiance' would be talking to his best man or uncle, or friend, not some stranger who the sisters have nothing to do with and hardly know.

Yeah, anyway I'm nitpicking I know, but I like my dramas when everything fits in well.

Yes I agree with you in parts but I guess most movies are always overdone and never completely "real life". I thought you might have meant that same twist you were talking about.

I liked the sisters, only cause I like Rose from 2 & a 1/2 men LOL. I don't really agree with you about what you said about the fiance because sometimes it's better to speak to complete strangers rather than people you know cause they will give a non biased opinion.

Cheers, mikidiki xx

Yes I agree with you in parts but I guess most movies are always overdone and never completely "real life". I thought you might have meant that same twist you were talking about.

I liked the sisters, only cause I like Rose from 2 & a 1/2 men LOL. I don't really agree with you about what you said about the fiance because sometimes it's better to speak to complete strangers rather than people you know cause they will give a non biased opinion.

Cheers, mikidiki xx

Re the sisters, I just think one minute they are really offhand and sort of not interested in him, yet when crisis hits they put a lot of pressure on him to fix the situation. He gets flatterd by that, gets a boost I suppose. I can see the talking to strangers etc. works for some people but meh.

I really like watching independant and arthouse films etc. so I do come to big cinema movies like these with a large lot of cynacism, which is a failing of mine. :) I like talking about movies.

Re the sisters, I just think one minute they are really offhand and sort of not interested in him, yet when crisis hits they put a lot of pressure on him to fix the situation. He gets flatterd by that, gets a boost I suppose. I can see the talking to strangers etc. works for some people but meh.

I really like watching independant and arthouse films etc. so I do come to big cinema movies like these with a large lot of cynacism, which is a failing of mine. :) I like talking about movies.

I like reading what you write as well :) Hey, have you seen "It's Complicated" ? I want to see it but I would rather hear someone else's view first cause the ratings weren't that great and apparantly the only thing saving it is the one and only, Meryl Streep, what a fine acress she is!

Back