Skip to main content

The Block: Glasshouse

We're not getting a double thank God. I barely lasted through the first one. This season is absolutely killing me.

We're not getting a double thank God. I barely lasted through the first one. This season is absolutely killing me.

I hear you. Other than X-Factor, there isn't much challenge from other networks. It really would have been the perfect time to put Big Brother on.

Did I hear Twins?
In the middle of a mind doze, walking around, or whatever i was doing bored by all this......
boring industrial craphole filled with blondes & handsome boys...
I only look when the ethnic couple come on anyway - oh yeah, cool bananas get some twins - since we have a cave we need all the help we can get.
Buried alive - anyone else watch Brynn ?

Did I hear Twins?
In the middle of a mind doze, walking around, or whatever i was doing bored by all this......
boring industrial craphole filled with blondes.
I only look when the ethnic couple come on anyway - oh yeah, cool bananas get some twins - since we have a cave we need all the help we can get.
Buried alive - anyone else watch Brynn ?

Weird.
I don't find this season boring at all.
I find the spaces varied and different from previous seasons - from size of rooms to shapes to voids, to ceiling heights and the creative way they fill them.
I find that all of the teams this season have something to offer as well and I was amazed at some of those bathrooms.
Different tastes I guess - I'm not jaded to it at all and am in fact fully into this season now.

The 'wicked, evil' sisters are back! Last season's feisty twins Alisa and Lysandra are set to make their return to The Block to work for newbies Chris and Jenna
By Penelope Kilby For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 22:11 AEST, 13 August 2014 | Updated: 00:16 AEST, 14 August 2014

Australia's most talked about TV twins, Alisa and Lysandra, are set to return to The Block for the third time, donning their tools belts as employees of the new series' newbies Chris and Jenna.

The couple from Campbelltown in NSW have enlisted the South Australia's mothers to help construct their second bedroom and study-turned- void and stairs.

They will also use the twins' home products from their online store Al and L Designs for this week's challenge.

article-2723701-2078E0BD00000578-388_634x373.jpg

Sneaky plan! Australia's most talked about TV twins, Alisa and Lysandra, are set to return to The Block for the third time, donning their tools belts as employees of the new series' newbies Chris and Jenna

article-2723701-208021C000000578-2_634x798.jpg

They're baaack! The couple from Campbelltown in NSW have enlisted the South Australia's mothers to help construct their second bedroom and study-turned- void and stairs

Being given the task to open their own Block Shop pop-up store, the comedic couple will buy $10,000 worth of their wares to stock the shop and hopefully make money for themselves in return.

Telling hosts Scotty Cam and Shelley Craft the news, their reactions were priceless.

'The wicked evil stepsisters?', Scotty shot back at the pair, leaving him startled.

'I though it was over. I thought I never had to see them again and it looks like their coming back,' he said about last season.

article-2723701-2078E0AC00000578-578_634x384.jpg

Shock to the system: Telling hosts Scotty Cam and Shelley Craft the news, their reactions were priceless

article-2723701-2078E0B000000578-206_634x366.jpg

Drama will return! 'I though it was over. I thought I never had to see them again and it looks like their coming back,' Scotty said about last season

Shelley was a woman of few words: 'Geez you're brave!'

The feisty twins are known for their ball-breaker attitude and competitive nature in both The Block's Sky High and Fans vs Faves seasons.

The following day however things looked set to blow up in Chris and Jenna's face when foreman Keith came back to them with their building approvals.

They hit for six when Keith told the pair their plans for a void to replace the study were rejected for construction reasons.

article-2723701-2078E0EC00000578-94_634x317.jpg

Bad news? The following day however things looked set to blow up in Chris and Jenna's face when foreman Keith came back to them with their building approvals

article-2723701-2078E0FD00000578-787_634x314.jpg

Lucky for that: With Jenna almost on the brink of tears, Keith turned around with a 'just kidding!' and gave them to thumbs up to move forward with their 'secret weapon'

With Jenna almost on the brink of tears, Keith turned around with a 'just kidding!' and gave them to thumbs up to move forward with their 'secret weapon'.

The couple are also still on cloud nine after learning they have a secret room - a roof top terrace with views of Melbourne's city.

Unawares that each team has a secret room, the duo are sure that they will laugh all the way to the bank.

Engaged couple Maxine and Karstan have already found theirs while the others will learn about their new money-spinner later in coming episodes.

article-2723701-2078E06000000578-406_634x314.jpg

Shhh! The couple are also still on cloud nine after learning they have a secret room - a roof top terrace with views of Melbourne's city

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...k-work-newbies-Chris-Jenna.html#ixzz3ALOuAdh3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

With all the haste and corner cutting and decisions made on the hop, I would choose to spend my millions (snicker) on a home that is crafted and delivered with more care than on The Block.

With all the haste and corner cutting and decisions made on the hop, I would choose to spend my millions (snicker) on a home that is crafted and delivered with more care than on The Block.

I was actually saying the exact same thing last night. I know all builds are apparently to a standard and they have to be due to building codes blablabla but seriously the amount of rushed jobs that are done on the block, coupled with the dodgy tradies that come, then don't... or don't even come and they rush around for another - without knowing who..tf they are or if they have any creds..

I could only imagine that on the surface The Block builds look all pretty but after a while the cracks will show.

Reactions: Jam
I could only imagine that on the surface The Block builds look all pretty but after a while the cracks will show.
I've always thought this would probably be the case with all reality shows where a house/room has to be built on-screen.

Backyard Blitz, House Rules, Changing Rooms, etc... I think they're all made to look good on TV, especially within a short space of time, but in reality (no pun intended) they're actually not done properly at all. Kind of a catch-22.

Back