Skip to main content

The Block: Glasshouse

Winning streak! The Block's Darren and Dee take home ANOTHER cash prize and brothers Simon and Shannon aren't happy

By Caitlin Jinks For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 21:05 AEST, 18 August 2014 | Updated: 21:06 AEST, 18 August 2014

Sunday night's episode of The Block: Glasshouse saw contestants Darren and Deanne pocket an impressive $10,000 for future renovations thanks to their nifty eye for design.

And it looks like their lucky streak has continued after the couple were also awarded a bonus prize of $5000 after the Blockheads voted their two rooms as the best on Monday night's episode.

But with all of the voting done before the judges reveal, some teams weren't too happy about the double win and felt that the extra cash should have gone elsewhere.

article-2727692-209C646D00000578-890_634x314.jpg

+5

Winners: The Block Glasshouse contestants Darren and Deanne were all smiles as they won the $5000 bonus prize on Monday night's episode

In a new season twist all of the contestants were required to judge each others rooms to determine a recipient of extra prize money.

But in a bid to avoid strategic voting, this week the scores had to be given before the judges crowned their winner.

Darren and Deanne's second bedroom and study wowed their neighbours and scored them some coin, but the outcome wasn't met with praise.

article-2727692-209CAB7F00000578-113_634x312.jpg

+5
Disappointed: Brothers Shannon and Simon weren't too happy about the win with Shannon saying it was a kick 'in the guts'

'Kicked in the guts,' said 35-year-old Shannon bitterly.

'I'm not happy that Dee and Darren got another five grand, they're just winning and winning because they've got the cash.'

Despite their unhappy competitors the prizewinners were over-whelmed by their success, with Deanne revealing to Daily Mail Australia on Monday that she was more than pleased.

‘We didn’t really notice if anyone was cranky because we were too busy laughing about the win!’

article-2727692-208AF29D00000578-824_634x319.jpg

+5
Sweet dreams: The victory came after fellow Block contestants voted the couples bedroom and study as the best

article-2727692-208AF1F900000578-971_634x321.jpg

+5
New twist: In a bid to avoid strategic voting, this week the scores had to be given before the judges crowned their winner

Soon they were all back to work, and the five teams are busy planning the week ahead, deciding how to approach their master bedrooms.

A mammoth Block first challenge is also on the horizon, which will see one team take home what has been described as 'a ridiculous amount of cash' by host Scott Cam.

The challenge will see the contestants open up their own pop-up shop on the ground floor of the Block.

They'll be stocking it themselves with the profits of whatever they sell going directly into their diminishing bank accounts.

The Block Glasshouse continues on Tuesday at 7.30 on Channel Nine.

article-2727692-209CB68A00000578-37_634x314.jpg

Get ready: A mammoth Block challenge is on the horizon which will see one team take home what has been described as 'a ridiculous amount of cash' by host Scott Cam

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Simon-Shannon-arent-happy.html#ixzz3AkL6arkp

Pretty good series. No one is annoying me yet, and Michael is a damn good bit of alright ;)

Ok so you've got Michael @the Theorist will have Shannon and I'm not stupid enough to stand between @Jam and Darren so I'm more than happy to take Karstan. We just need to find some for Simon. Oh and if we can rustle up some hetro males in this place someone for the wives. Chris & Jenna have God.

At the risk of alienating some, I'm finding Jenna really irritating, but I'm warming to Dee. Lil Bitch is giving good viewing!

I really don't mind Jenna in fact I think I'd have a blast were we to ever hang out. Dee too.

Reactions: Jam
Simon reminds me of that one kid in primary school who everyone was constantly annoyed with because they always talk back to the teacher and throw things at others and irritate everyone. It's kind of a turn off.

But yeah, I'd let Shannon renovate my bedroom any day.

Ok so you've got Michael @the Theorist will have Shannon and I'm not stupid enough to stand between @Jam and Darren so I'm more than happy to take Karstan. We just need to find some for Simon. Oh and if we can rustle up some hetro males in this place someone for the wives. Chris & Jenna have God.

I really don't mind Jenna in fact I think I'd have a blast were we to ever hang out. Dee too.
LOL! I'd 'hang out' with Carlene ;)

Oh its a though toss up between Karstan and and Michael. TBH I probably would have a better chance at Karstan haha ;)
They are both fineeeee ;)

Im finding it really hard to get into this season, I don't get a sense of the space yet, and the couples are beige

Im finding it really hard to get into this season, I don't get a sense of the space yet, and the couples are beige
100%. The producers really went overboard with the young blonde females / relatively decent looking young couples this year.. Then threw us Chris and Jenna.. Who are surprising me by the way!

Darren is a bit of alright, was a good footy player! Dee's eyelids and the makeup crew hate each other obviously. They keep using really dark eye shadows and making them look even bigger / larger / droopier than they already are. She is a bit of a cow but she could be good to watch for conflict down the track.

The judges comment the other night about "It's definitely not the footy player in the relationship making these design choices" made me laugh.. Of course not dumbdumb, it was the WAG making the design choices who is obviously used to spending all of the footy players cashola! He would have been on a pretty hefty wage and she looks like a spender haha

Reactions: Jam
Why does Dee stand on a box? It just draws attention to the fact that she's, you know - short - which is not something I'd take notice of without the box making it obvious someone has an issue with the discrepancy between her and her husband.

Why does Dee stand on a box? It just draws attention to the fact that she's, you know - short - which is not something I'd take notice of without the box making it obvious someone has an issue with the discrepancy between her and her husband.

They said on the first judging she needed to be on a box as they couldn't get her and Darren's head in the same frame close up

Darren is rather lovely! And I generally don't like footy players.

I had to laugh last night with Chris pretending to know what Jenna was thinking, describing it like a computer game sequence and then she playing along with it. Such geeks!

Ok so another week with a double episode!

After last week's torture I set a bookmark after the first hour and will watch the rest tomorrow.

Doesn't seem to be a Block Unlocked ep at all this week on Nine, Go, Gem, anywhere. Have they dumped it?

After last week's torture I set a bookmark after the first hour and will watch the rest tomorrow.

Doesn't seem to be a Block Unlocked ep at all this week on Nine, Go, Gem, anywhere. Have they dumped it?
They advertised for it at the end of the episode. I think it was on Saturday but not sure as I never bother with it anyway.

equality-vs-justice.jpg

Back