Skip to main content

The Block: Glasshouse

LOL, I have never watched it. Had no idea who you were talking about.
you-dont-watch-game-of-thrones.gif

I can't.

Christ. Sly indeed.

I think the repercussions should have been a little harsher

It was extremely predictable that it was going to be Simon.

He has been a troublemaker since the start.

It looks like they are now in the token villain spot. I wondered when a team would fall into that spot and I did think it would've been Dee and Darren

As decided by the public or the producer?

Dee chucks the shits tomorrow by the looks of it.

Producer... They're getting some bad edits. The ads for tomorrow showing all the other teams talking about them and insinuating they've done something else too. It still could be too early to tell.

I wonder what will happen this week. Channel 9 sure makes it seem like it's going to be a banger of a week

Sure they erk me and all but they can't be the first team to have ever done that. They're just the unlucky ones who got caught.
On a side note, I REALLY can't get into this season of the block.. I only watch room reveals now which is sad for me who used to watch it religiously. I smell a series end closing in..

‘They gave us the bird!’ Shannon reveals what the judges left on Simon’s phone following their sneaky antics while Max and Karstan win the Master bedroom challenge
By Jenna Good for Daily Mail Australia and Bianca Soldani for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 21:20 AEST, 24 August 2014 | Updated: 21:41 AEST, 24 August 2014

Cheeky New South Wales brothers Simon and Shannon showed exactly how ruthless they are prepared to be to win The Block: Glasshouse on Sunday night.

In the episode which saw Karstan and Max celebrate their $10,000 win after gaining 28 points for the master bedroom and walk-in-robe challenge, the couple were overshadowed by some very sneaky antics from Simon and Shannon.

There was shock as the lads were busted for recording the judges comments by Simon leaving his cellphone under the bed.

Scroll down for video

1408876748716_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_08_24_20h00m.JPG

Naughty brothers: Simon and Shannon showed off their sneaky side on Sunday night's The Block

As they were judging the room, judge Darren Palmer found the phone under the bed and the recording of their discussions was immediately deleted.

Daily Mail Australia spoke to with Shannon and Simon, who maintained they were not cheating, just having fun.

Shannon, who scored 27 points for their master bedroom, said: ‘It was a bit of Simon’s cheekiness just to play a little bit of a prank on the judges.

1408877249336_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_08_24_20h00m.JPG

What's this then? Scott Cam holds up Simon's cellphone which was found under the bed recording the judges comments

Sprung out on The Block! Brothers kept mobile phone under bed
video-undefined-20C17F2300000578-141_636x358.jpg

‘It will be construed as a cheating scandal but there was no malice in it at all.

‘Simon dropped his phone under the bed and he was a bit sneaky about it, he told me on the way to the reveal and I’m like, “Oh you idiot you d***head” and he’s like, “Why, what’s wrong with that?” but people were going to think we were cheating.

‘So he did a u-turn and went back and the film crew were in there filming he goes: “Aw I just dropped something under the bed" and the video guy sort of had a bit of a chuckle, he knew what was going on, it was just a bit of cheekiness.’

1408877387903_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_08_24_20h00m.JPG

It was mine: Simon walked up to Scotty to get his phone back and said: 'That was awkward.'

‘The funny thing is the judges left a little video on his phone for him. They are all sitting there and the camera pans around and it’s like “Busted!” and then they all give us the bird on camera.’

Meanwhile, the culprit Simon said: ‘I like to do a lot of pranks and I thought, “What’s one way that we can prank the judges and also hear what they’re saying at the same time?” It was just a bit of fun.’

‘We don’t have any interaction with the judges at all and they’re in there for about an hour each room and we only hear about two and a half, three minutes tops of what they thought of our room and we just wanted a bit of knowledge about what they thought of our room.’

1408877432728_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_08_24_20h00m.JPG

Moment of truth: Darren Palmer found the phone underneath the bed

1408878319898_wps_9_MELBOURNE_AUSTRALIA_MAY_7.jpg

The boy's room: The were awarded highly for their efforts despite the phone recording antics

‘They deleted [the recording] they said: ’Don’t you trust us and they made a little private video for me and they thought it was hilarious and just a bit of fun, they were in hysterics.’

‘I just slid the phone under the bed, I didn’t think Darren would get on his hands and knees and look for a power switch underneath our bed!

‘If I was doing it sneakily, like proper cheating, I would have hidden it way better than that, it was literally just slid in the middle of the bed. Completely not cheating.’

1408878028163_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_08_24_02h20m.JPG

Relief: Karstan and Maxine won the Master bedroom and walk-in-robe challenge and took home $10,000

1408878361675_wps_10_MELBOURNE_AUSTRALIA_MAY_7.jpg

Winning room: The couple's master bedroom was a hit with the judges for its bronzed mirror and laundry shoot in the walk-in-robe

1408877635220_wps_6_MELBOURNE_AUSTRALIA_MAY_7.jpg

Too much: Jenna and Chris were upset their big statement copper bedhead didn't impress the judges like they had hoped

Meanwhile the action packed episode saw the Blockheads come together to help Dee and Darren who were called away as their daughter Lily was taken to hospital.

The team helped the couple by putting the finishing touches to their room, which looked stunning with a fireplace.

Max and Karstan, were over the moon to have won this week’s challenge with Maxine saying: ‘It means everything to us, we really needed that.’

1408878426807_wps_11_MELBOURNE_AUSTRALIA_MAY_7.jpg

Beautiful: Despite not being able to finish their room Dee and Darren were awarded well for including a luxurious fireplace in the room

Jenna and Chris however were devastated that their expensive copper wall didn’t impress the judges.

Scotty told them the judges thought they had made a 'rod for their own back's' with such a dramatic piece.

Carleen and Michael were frustrated that their room failed to get them to the top of the scoreboard despite the judges saying it was glamorous and classy.

1408878638020_wps_12_MELBOURNE_AUSTRALIA_MAY_7.jpg

Stunned: Carleen and Michael were frustrated that their room didn't get them the top points even though they had such positive feedback

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...n-Master-bedroom-challenge.html#ixzz3BJUe6EjP

Producer... They're getting some bad edits. The ads for tomorrow showing all the other teams talking about them and insinuating they've done something else too. It still could be too early to tell.

I wonder what will happen this week. Channel 9 sure makes it seem like it's going to be a banger of a week
I *think* tomorrow is when the brothers use their tactic of lowballing all the other teams' scores that they were talking about last week ie give them zeroes so they can try to win the $5k. But I'm hoping just from the way a few things were edited in the preview and how they said it was a double double cross or something like that, that at least one or all of the other teams figure it out and turn it around on them somehow. Of course it'll probably just be that the brothers promised a team they'd vote for them or something and then stab them in the back. I just really want them to be taken down a peg... right from the start they've picked my ass for some reason and they continue to although I'm not even religiously watching this season.

Back