Skip to main content

The Block: Glasshouse

If the apartment block in South Yarra is the one I'm thinking it is, it's actually an old hotel which is eight storeys high. Supposedly Channel 9 bought it in the middle of the year. I drive past it every day. They could of course have bought something else and this will be in waiting, so to speak.

ok spoiler tag didn't work for me before. try again

Now I'm annoyed they are back

I just saw an Ad on Channel 9. Each team has to makeover 3 apartments to become a home. They are calling "The Block: Triple Threat". The old couples were on the ad as well

I think it's actually the producers who bought the property. They then sell the televising right to ch 9. Heard that ch 9 paid approx $60 m for this season! The apartments are three storey apartments. Not sure how many floors the whole complex has though.

I think it's actually the producers who bought the property. They then sell the televising right to ch 9. Heard that ch 9 paid approx $60 m for this season! The apartments are three storey apartments. Not sure how many floors the whole complex has though.
That sounds about right because when we first heard last year they'd bought the property we were trying to figure out how it'd go as it was only three floors. We had assumed they'd do a floor each meaning three couples which really didn't fit the Ch 9 bill. Instead it seems they're sectioning it off from top to bottom.

I couldn't stand last season so hopefully this one serves up a good time!

This series sounds like it's going to be good fun. The new couples are Josh and Caroline, apparently a bit quiet. Tim and Anna are hard working and going for a homely feel to their apartment. Aidan and Jess are somewhat fantastic - Aidan is comical and will be good to watch.
The judges are the same. Keith is apparently challenging Darren and Deanne on a regular basis - much more upfront with them this season. Safety Cam is still being all things safety. We can look forward to an episode where D & D blew the budget filling their wine cellar with $10k of wines, intending to return them after the judging. The producers wouldn't let them change the room from its judged appearance, so they're stuck with a shitload of grog. That they're not supposed to drink. Woo hoo. Everyone is getting on reasonably well, but there is a bit of tension in the air after the last round of contestants judging each other (yes, they're doing that again).
And apparently it costs about $50k per 30 second advertising slot. So there you go. I wonder what Ambi Pur had to pay for its advertising slots on BB? Probably started at about $10k per 30 seconds, but worked its way down to a few plug in air fresheners for the staff room by mid season...

Should we just keep with this thread?

So I wanted the siblings in but of course they were eliminated. This whole elimination weeks, yes WEEKS because apparently we now have to watch the returning contestants eliminate, is really starting to piss me off.

Like just get into it already or else I'm going to tune our like everyone else has.

I cannot be bothered with this show. I have no interest in renovating but will watch a few minutes here and here. So, in all I'm uninterested, unless all else fails.

Should we just keep with this thread?

So I wanted the siblings in but of course they were eliminated. This whole elimination weeks, yes WEEKS because apparently we now have to watch the returning contestants eliminate, is really starting to piss me off.

Like just get into it already or else I'm going to tune our like everyone else has.
They'll probably never do multi-week eliminations again since this season has brought in the worst ratings ever since it was revived. So we're not alone in our hatred thus far. Wonder how it will affect the rest of the season, and if those those that bailed on the eliminations will return for the actual thing...

They'll probably never do multi-week eliminations again since this season has brought in the worst ratings ever since it was revived. So we're not alone in our hatred thus far. Wonder how it will affect the rest of the season, and if those those that bailed on the eliminations will return for the actual thing...

I know! I honestly don't think I'll be bothering next week because we already know the bloody outcome and I can't stand bloody rabbit face and I'm not fussed about D&D and B&G.

I know! I honestly don't think I'll be bothering next week because we already know the bloody outcome and I can't stand bloody rabbit face and I'm not fussed about D&D and B&G.

Hahaha rabbit face!! :hilarious::hilarious:
That twitchy nose drives me crazy!

My understanding is that next week is the first week of "the actual Block", but at the same time the three returning teams are competing against one another and the winner will be the one out of the three that gets the highest score at Week 1 judging. With the unused apartments becoming the final challenge at the end, prior to the auctions.

I cannot be bothered with this show. I have no interest in renovating but will watch a few minutes here and here. So, in all I'm uninterested, unless all else fails.

...I have no interest in it either... I cannot stand Scott Cam at all!... my wife loves it... if Scott cam ever leaves the show I could possibly watch it I guess... well... parts of it anyway... from what I've read in another part of these forums he is apparently not that nice a person either... no surprise to me to be honest... cheers.

I don't like Scott Cam at all either, but I've never really heard of anyone who does.
I find the show to be generally watchable despite him, but I watch it as a reality show to see who wins or loses and who is likeable/bitchy, I have no real interest in renovations or decorating.

Hahaha, it took me a sec to realise who "rabbit face" was but I got there eventually.

I can't really get into this season, hopefully I will once we get to know the teams a bit more. I'm hoping either Bec and George or Matt and Kim are the previous contestants that end up in it. I'm surprised they wanted Dee back on after all of the comments she made last season about Shayna, the producers and I can't remember who else. I guess at the end of the day, drama = ratings.

Back