Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

So if they do turn out to be abusive, or a stalker or worse, then that is not their true character? Or in the case of Blake, how he is reacting and slagging Sophie off, does that not tell you something about his true character?

I'd judge him how he reacted to people like Jarrod. Because that's how I judge someone's true character. How they interact with people who they don't care about. I mean isn't a common dating advice watch how they treat the waitstaff when you are on a date?

I'd judge him how he reacted to people like Jarrod. Because that's how I judge someone's true character. How they interact with people who they don't care about. I mean isn't a common dating advice watch how they treat the waitstaff when you are on a date?
Yes this is another way to judge someones character but cannot be the only way. The flaw with what you are saying is that this can lead to someone treating others with respect and treating their loved ones poorly. And this does happen.

To give an example of where this isn't as straightforward - A woman is regularly beaten by her husband, yet he is the fun loving, helpful joker in the office. You are saying his true character is the nice guy, whereas others here would say his true character shows when he is under stress and emotional, and whether he hits out or acts supportive to his partner then.

Yes this is another way to judge someones character but cannot be the only way. The flaw with what you are saying is that this can lead to someone treating others with respect and treating their loved ones poorly. And this does happen.

To give an example of where this isn't as straightforward - A woman is regularly beaten by her husband, yet he is the fun loving, helpful joker in the office. You are saying his true character is the nice guy, whereas others here would say his true character shows when he is under stress and emotional, and whether he hits out or acts supportive to his partner then.

I'm saying in a situation where someone is in where they don't have to impress someone then their true character is revealed. So like with a waiter. Which is different to an office where people are hoping to impress their bosses.

The flaw in judging someone's character in how they react to rejection is that no one reacts good to rejection. Some people are just good at hiding how they feel. But being rejected hurts and in that time all sorts of negative thoughts run through your head. In that brief moment you aren't thinking like yourself. Which is why I think that when you get rejected it is best to cut off contact with the rejectee. The worst thing you can do is turn that anger towards the person who rejected you. That is something you have to deal with yourself.

The Bachelorette season has always run shorter than the Bachelor for some reason. Maybe because it doesn't rate as well? I am not sure of the figures but Georgia's season at least, had low ratings.
I wondered that. I only watched Sam's year, and then got sucked into watching this one because of these threads!!! I think in some ways Matty's was good because I didn't care/wasn't invested in it - just laughed at the drama! Sophie and a couple of the guys I actually want to be happy so its at the pointy end where its a bit painful when they leave.

I'm saying in a situation where someone is in where they don't have to impress someone then their true character is revealed. So like with a waiter. Which is different to an office where people are hoping to impress their bosses.

The flaw in judging someone's character in how they react to rejection is that no one reacts good to rejection. Some people are just good at hiding how they feel. But being rejected hurts and in that time all sorts of negative thoughts run through your head. In that brief moment you aren't thinking like yourself. Which is why I think that when you get rejected it is best to cut off contact with the rejectee. The worst thing you can do is turn that anger towards the person who rejected you. That is something you have to deal with yourself.
I do see what you are saying now, but they way you said it last night was a bit more ambiguous which is why I interpreted what you were saying wrong.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaalgPHj1ro/?taken-by=karinarecchi

Someone teach me how to embed/post insta photos please.....:happy:

no idea - but would also love to learn :)

The link above is actually an Instagram video - I don't know how to embed that. But for Instagram images, right click on the page to View Page Info, go to Media tab, scroll through the addresses until you find the link to the image, copy the address. Then click the little picture icon when replying to this forum thread, and put the image URL in as prompted.

so Blake on the Project gets asked if he is the Plant Pot Pisser - says No and that all will be revealed in a video being released next week. And then basically said if they want the video earlier than that it will cost them.

whats the bet Sam and Blake are behind the making and spruiking of the video

Anyway I think someone already said it was Ryan who did it

The Project panel were NOT impressed

I wish they would/had shown Sophie the unedited footage before she made her choice. If you just look at the way Jarrod acts when Sophie is present, he isn't too bad. But if she saw the possessive, crazy stuff she'd be horrified.
In contrast, though I don't like Stu much, he is much more balanced in that the persona he presents to Sophie is much the same as the way he is with the boys.

But Sophie can see the weirdo with the plant, the blanky weeps, and uber competitive stuff
There is plenty there for ALL to see he is a weirdo. And going bald.

Sophie is proving to be a reasonable actress throughout this, half the cast were a joke, that any female would run from fast.
She is either good at acting and agreed to go through the motions of doing this slowly for TV, or she is a dipshit with no natural female instincts (- she isn't, she would have perished in the USA)

Mr FatPants was laughing on Thursday that this particular series of the bachelorette is nothing but a train crash into a dumpster fire. He can't believe that someone who is married, has 4 kids and a vasectomy can make it to the top 3.

I like Stu by the way but he does come with more baggage than the titanic.

...yup!... she's lost a great catch there for sure hasn't she?... Sophie Sophie Sophie... you silly girl... you better end up with Stu now or... cheers.
Can’t believe that you are so invested. I think it has been the best season of both franchises. Enjoyed you being there and thanks for Survivor. WTF are we going to do after this has finished?

Can’t believe that you are so invested. I think it has been the best season of both franchises. Enjoyed you being there and thanks for Survivor. WTF are we going to do after this has finished?

Our homegrown Aussie reality shows are owning the international ones at the moment imo.
Having Mr Stickyfingers hooked on them has been a godsend, his enthusiasm (both for and against) is contagious.

Bachelorette bad boy Blake’s sickening street attack
A MAN viciously beaten by Bachelorette contestant Blake Colman is speaking out about the attack, which left bystanders spattered in his blood.

A MAN assaulted by controversial Bachelorette contestant Blake Colman in 2015 is speaking out, claiming the reality TV cast-off has still not paid him any compensation.

WA financial controller Tristan Cooper, 31, was attacked by Colman during a night out in August 2015, after Cooper had tried to diffuse an argument between two groups of men, one of whom was the future reality star.

CCTV footage of the incident showed that Colman attacked from behind as Cooper was walking away from the confrontation, which took place outside a Perth Hungry Jack’s restaurant.

“He just came running up and with all his body weight sort of grabbed me in the back of the head and threw me into the side of Hungry Jack’s,” Cooper told Perth Now.

He said Colman picked him up by the neck, then threw him back down, which knocked him out as his head connected with the corner of a window. The impact was so great, a nearby female friend of Cooper’s was sprayed with his blood.

After the attack, “he was in the taxi laughing about how well he got me, to his friends,” said Cooper, who received four staples in the back of his head after the incident.

Colman was only identified when Crime Stoppers released a photo of him. Almost two years later, Colman pleaded guilty and was given a fine and ordered to pay Cooper compensation — money the financial controller says he is yet to receive.

Cooper said Colman’s lawyer, who spoke on his client’s behalf in court, mentioned that he had been shortlisted for The Bachelorette and “wouldn’t want this opportunity to be on the show to be hindered.”

8d57ed555cdcf7cb52e2ae8cc2330e45

Blake threw a tantrum as Monk evicted him from the show. Picture: TEN.Source:Supplied

In a statement released to Perth Now via a Channel 10 publicist, Colman says he is “truly remorseful” and accepts “full responsibility” for his actions.

The hot-headed reality hopeful appeared blindsided by Bachelorette Sophie Monk’s decision to boot him from the show this week, throwing a huge tantrum as he exited the property.

Speaking to news.com.au this week, he said his reputation as one of the season’s biggest villains wasn’t entirely unearned.

“At the start, I will hands-down say I looked like an absolute douche,” he said. “But the boys know who I am and Sophie knows who I am, the public’s just a little bit different.”

Back