Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

...perhaps Sophie didn't feel comfortable with the fact that James was so short because if for instance... if she was wearing high heels to a razzamatazz event of some sort and that she's feels that the media would have a field day at their expenses perhaps?... ("Sophie is with her short-arsed boyfriend" type of headlines for instance?) plus the fact that he was the most shy one of them all too perhaps?... just saying... cheers.
One of my favourite exes was maybe a little shorter than me, but it never worried him or me and he used to buy me outrageous high heels

Damn, this is what James wrote on Instagram tonight. SOPHIE HOW DARE YOU BREAK THE UNBREAKABLE

jimmys.paradise broken. ~ part 1
this is hard to share, but also really important for me as part of the healing process.. Soph, I'm so incredibly grateful to have met you, for the experiences & feelings we shared. You're an incredibly beautiful & compassionate human inside & out, I wish you all the best & know whatever decision you have made it'll be the best one for you, which makes me happy.
I also want to thank you for one of the best gifts in life you could give me.. and that's facing my biggest fear, and I'm so grateful as now I feel I can accomplish & face anything life throws my way ✨ ...
I honestly thought & could see myself standing there with you at the end, it was a shock for me to leave tonight... i know we were told we're not compatible by e-harmony dude and I get it..
I'm both a Virgo & Libran (cusp sign) so can't help being somewhat organised .. but definitely not too serious.
I know the feelings & chemistry were real and watching it back on TV just re-confirms this for me... it didn't work out with us, and that's completely okay, if it were meant to be it would have been.. and I honestly have nothing but love & respect for you and hope more than anything we can turn our connection into one that's best mates as it'd be a shame to let it go completely.
And to everyone that's gotten behind me I love you so much ❤️ all of your messages, support, comments & positivity have been overwhelming and I wish I could bear hug you all right now .. it's been awesome to be able to use this platform, as I really wanted to take you all behind the scenes and for you to share & experience the journey with me along the way, and know where my head was at, or how I was feeling at each stage of this, otherwise it wouldn't have been real.. and last week I honestly thought I'd be introducing Soph to my family.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i havent read everyones reactions but how much do we loathe Blake the chameleon who loves himself!!!!

...what gets me with Sophie's decision is that James was one of the very few that had no ginormous ego and was putting her feelings first but she still got rid of him... she freely admits that she always makes the wrong decisions and picks 'bad boy losers' each and every time... so why has she started to put herself into that position once again by getting rid of one of the 'nice guys'?...

...as you say crimmy... Blake is a chameleon... a slimy one at that too!... when she got rid of some of the other 'nice guys' earlier we were all saying that 'yes but she still has such and such as back-up options' etc but now that time is/has come to an end... she's left herself some dubious characters who are going to drag her down big time... her best options now is either Stu or Apollo... she'll pick Stu now methinks!...

...afterall... surely she's saving Blake and Jarrod as the easy one's to dump to end up with who she REALLY wants now?... Apollo has been reported to be getting lots of work overseas now so that doesn't bide too well for Sophie does it?... which leaves 'stay at home' rich boy Stu... that seems like a more 'comfy' position that Sophie craves so much to me... (plus the fact she knows that he can produce kids for sure so a quick fix and she's got it made!)...

...if she picks Jarrod then as I said earlier tonight... she'll end up permanently chained to a wall in an underground dungeon beneath an orchard for sure... or... the other option... living in Blake's mum and dad's house in a garage at his parents place... so it looks like Stu is her final choice now that James has gone to me for sure so perhaps the 'Daily Fail' and other mags could've been right all along eh?... Sophie's options are very few right now... Stu will be the winner methinks!... cheers.

Damn, this is what James wrote on Instagram tonight. SOPHIE HOW DARE YOU BREAK THE UNBREAKABLE

jimmys.paradise broken. ~ part 1
this is hard to share, but also really important for me as part of the healing process.. Soph, I'm so incredibly grateful to have met you, for the experiences & feelings we shared. You're an incredibly beautiful & compassionate human inside & out, I wish you all the best & know whatever decision you have made it'll be the best one for you, which makes me happy.
I also want to thank you for one of the best gifts in life you could give me.. and that's facing my biggest fear, and I'm so grateful as now I feel I can accomplish & face anything life throws my way ✨ ...
I honestly thought & could see myself standing there with you at the end, it was a shock for me to leave tonight... i know we were told we're not compatible by e-harmony dude and I get it..
I'm both a Virgo & Libran (cusp sign) so can't help being somewhat organised .. but definitely not too serious.
I know the feelings & chemistry were real and watching it back on TV just re-confirms this for me... it didn't work out with us, and that's completely okay, if it were meant to be it would have been.. and I honestly have nothing but love & respect for you and hope more than anything we can turn our connection into one that's best mates as it'd be a shame to let it go completely.
And to everyone that's gotten behind me I love you so much ❤️ all of your messages, support, comments & positivity have been overwhelming and I wish I could bear hug you all right now .. it's been awesome to be able to use this platform, as I really wanted to take you all behind the scenes and for you to share & experience the journey with me along the way, and know where my head was at, or how I was feeling at each stage of this, otherwise it wouldn't have been real.. and last week I honestly thought I'd be introducing Soph to my family.

...yup!... she's lost a great catch there for sure hasn't she?... Sophie Sophie Sophie... you silly girl... you better end up with Stu now or... cheers.

jimmys.paradise ~ part 2
... and I'm also sorry if I let anyone down.
the thing I'm proud of most is going on here & being 100% myself, genuine, and authentic... and I'm glad you can see that shine through. Also showing you can be a 'manly man' , changing tires, sailing yachts, light fires & build sh*t, but at the same time still have respect for women & allow them to be empowered & to be themselves without needing to be controlling... and it's also okay as a guy to show some emotion from time to time. I'm grateful for growing up surrounded by beautiful women who showed me this.
It was always a roll of the dice & huge risk going into this, by being myself I said from the start Soph is either going to love me for who I am - I'm not changing myself to try & impress her as it's not sustainable to do so in any relationship (as she's not getting to know the real you). And if she likes me for me that's perfect. If not, it's just not meant to be, and that someone out there will like me for me, and by going through this experience it will hopefully lead me to meeting that woman.
Massive thank you to Soph, the boys in the house for sharing this with me & the now lifelong friendships we've formed, the production team, crew and everyone involved. It's been one hell of a ride and one that's only made me stronger!

Well that was a craptapulous episode wasn't it? Sophie has said all season she wants something other than the way she has been treated in the past yet Blake is going to give her exactly the same experience but with a whole lot less money and fame attached. I want to slap her and tell her to don't be that dumb.

James is an amazing catch and if she couldn't see it then I am sure someone else around him will snap him up!

I have lots to say but at the same time kinda speechless...

I call so much bullshit on that eHarmony pie chart thing .... for starters it is based on self reporting based on no criteria... lets face it at least two of those guys were just putting up what they thought Sophie would want it to say. And a more compatible partnership would surely be one that can be well rounded. If one is dis-organised and forgets to pay bills, you want someone else who is organised enough to pay them! You would also need to weigh up how big of a deal something is to someone - Someone may be organised, but that be the nature of their job or life that has made them that way, but don't care that there partner isn't. Surely its more of a point to talk about not a basis for making a decision of a relationship on. If Sophie has based her decision on James on this thing at all she is truely a twit... I will have lost a lot of respect in her I have built up over the last few weeks.

jimmys.paradise ~ part 2
... and I'm also sorry if I let anyone down.
the thing I'm proud of most is going on here & being 100% myself, genuine, and authentic... and I'm glad you can see that shine through. Also showing you can be a 'manly man' , changing tires, sailing yachts, light fires & build sh*t, but at the same time still have respect for women & allow them to be empowered & to be themselves without needing to be controlling... and it's also okay as a guy to show some emotion from time to time. I'm grateful for growing up surrounded by beautiful women who showed me this.
It was always a roll of the dice & huge risk going into this, by being myself I said from the start Soph is either going to love me for who I am - I'm not changing myself to try & impress her as it's not sustainable to do so in any relationship (as she's not getting to know the real you). And if she likes me for me that's perfect. If not, it's just not meant to be, and that someone out there will like me for me, and by going through this experience it will hopefully lead me to meeting that woman.
Massive thank you to Soph, the boys in the house for sharing this with me & the now lifelong friendships we've formed, the production team, crew and everyone involved. It's been one hell of a ride and one that's only made me stronger!
waaaaaaaaaa - he is just just a gorgeous human inside and out

andnow look at the choices we’re left with ...

Stu ... like him better after tonight but still dont believe hes a good choice because of his baggage ... they should never have allowed someone who wasnt 100% free - he still sounds as if hes in love with his ex ... and fitting in with a family of 4 and all of them girls is never going to be easy. Add in the ex wanting to be o; Real Housewives of Wherever ... ummm so does Sophie then become excellent fodder for that show ? and if the massive thing he’s going to tell her is that he’s had a vasectomy is that a deal breaker?

Blake - yeah ... just NO ... no fkn no!!! Slimeball attention seeking wannabe but isnt ... hes not truly even interested in Sophie except for her fame and what it can do for him ... did i say slimeball?

Apollo ... lovely ... similar life ... but so young and with so much ahead of him in his career ... does he want to live in her shadow ... or she his? just cant see that working either ...

leaving us with Jarrod. I keep remembering the first date ... the first kiss and how it really seemed like there was something there. And yes he’s been so over the top super invested ... but what it boils down to is him caring for her and being keen to show her that and try to prove that to her when there were so many others in the house ... I think he would treat her well, respect her, not be interested in chasing the limelight for himself but support her in what she does. I think without being the producers desperate edit and moving back into the real world he’d probably just be a very caring and supportive partner

so I think now I’ve got a foot back in the Jarrod camp ... and a very tentative one in the Stu camp ... but I need one foot back so I can boot Blake up the a$$ and across town and outta there!?!

how loud can his mother (or whoever that banshee is) scream anyway?

and then I feel bad for Apollo as Im discounting him due to the age difference ... but then is he ready to settle for wife and kids right now?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa James was such a better candidate than all of them. I cant believe it would be something like his height ... hes still taller than her ... and look at Nicole Kidman ... she towered over that American guy ... whatshisname ... (yes i know his name I just dont think very much of him) and Im pretty sure shes taller than KU as well but only just ... but once they get into those ridiculous heels it makes a difference ...

i blame that stupid eharmony wanker for putting it into her head that James wanted organisation and being so different to her in that would cause issues as hed get sick of her disorganisation rather than them striking a balance ... wtf!! if james hadnt gone out first in that comp it might have made a big difference

oh well .. its Sophie’s Choice ... some lucky woman is going to be loved by James one day and have a great man in her life.

I wonder if she got to hometowns and wished there were more intruders still coming or thought Why did I get rid of Luke? Or maybe I should have gone on one date with AJ ...

and please ... no more dates with cute little animals ... oh that reminds me ... who else was rooting for that one goat to charge Blake and headbutt him into oblivion??!!??

Was busy tonight and only just caught up. I knew it was curtains for James., I just had the feeling when Blake's date went well.

Bloody hell Sophie, are you just stringing us along until you choose Apollo, or are you the worst judge of character ever? You now have a 75% chance of picking a dud. Pull your socks up, this is stressful!

So the winner is surely either Stu or Apollo... out of the final four, they're the only ones who've had what's more like a winner's edit.

I think it's more likely to be Stu, but Apollo could be a surprise? After all he did get a (the only?) second single date before hometowns. And I swear Sophie had a slip of tongue and said "I love you" during that date... it could be nothing but who knows?

I'm actually okay with James going now. If he's not going to be the winner then better that he leaves earlier rather than later. I can't handle another Nikki situation - that was devastating - and Heather leaving at number four right after hometown dates was heartbreaking too.

Blake would be a good runner-up as none of us like him (lol) but the only catch is that it may be too obvious that Sophie's going to choose whoever the other person is in the final two? It could still work though, I remember one time in the U.S. Bachelor series I thought the runner-up was a real piece of work and I worried that she could still win regardless, so when the other one won, it was a huge relief and very joyous! Otherwise, I think Apollo could be a suitable runner-up too as he seems like he'll cruise along fine if he gets rejected in the end. Stu will handle being a runner-up well enough, but he's probably winning so that is moot. Meanwhile, Jarrod should definitely be let go before final two if he isn't the winner (and I don't think he will be the winner), given how invested he is!

Well, I knew from night one James was a shortie - but they edited it last night to make him look like a midget, next to the other four guys, so I started to think he was a gonner. Oh, it's so sad. For a proper husband, longterm and actually good for her, he was probably her best bet. But if she wasn't feeling the sparkle, I guess it was kinder to let him go before Hometowns.

Speaking of which, so excited! Bet she just gets to meet a couple of Stu's friends. She'll meet Blake's mirror. Jarrod, I am rewarming to ole Pinky, so hope that goes well. And Apollo's suspicious gran looks fantastic value.

Reactions: kxk
...this article is a brilliantly funny in parts round-up of last night's episode and says so many things that I was about to type so it's easier to just post this instead lol!... funny as!... (for some reason it won't let me post it in one post so I'll split it up so here is part 1)... cheers.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...lity-on-the-bachelorette-20171018-gz3inw.html

October 18 2017 - 8:43PM

Sophie Monk's intelligence is off the chart as Blake proves his compatibility on The Bachelorette

Blake finally gets his chance to show his sensitive side - but will Sophie fall for it?

Karl Quinn

There's no way out for Sophie Monk on The Bachelorette Australia now: she's just going to have to dump one of the tall guys.

She may have told us from the outset she's not interested in looks, but with five dudes left it's pretty obvious she has a type. In a word, tall.

As they line up in front of Osher and some guy who turns out to the "chief matching scientist" from online dating site e-Harmony, it's like that song from Sesame Street: "One of these things is not like the others/One of these things does not belong/One of these things is not like the others/Can you guess, which one?"

Jarrod, Blake, Stu and Apollo are all strapping gents. And then there's James, who is not. Mr Harmony, you can leave. We don't need a dating algorithm to tell us who's going home tonight.

upload_2017-10-19_10-47-4.jpeg

We all know maths isn't Sophie's forte, but can she read (through) a pie chart? Photo: Ten

Oh, all right. Let's pretend it's not obvious. Let's pretend Stu does not have this in the bag. Let's pretend love moves in mysterious ways rather than just the blindingly obvious ones. Because if we don't, how the hell are we going to fill the evenings of our empty, meaningless, couch-bound lives for the next two weeks? Sob.

Tonight is like a reprise of the Real Man (aka Anger) Games from a few weeks back, only this time the competition is designed to reveal not what the chaps can do, but what's inside them. Luckily, Sophie doesn't have X-ray vision, or else she'd note the gaping hole lurking behind Blake's perfectly sculpted pectorals.

To ascertain their compatibility, Sophie and her suitors have to put together colour-coded personality pie charts, picking coloured wedges meant to illustrate a bunch of character traits. Their options include humour, ambition, romance, intelligence and some others, none of which is "happy to share the housework".

Sophie's chart reveals her dominant trait to be disorganisation; intelligence doesn't even make it onto her board. If she's looking for same-same, her ideal man is Mr Magoo.

Sophie Monk's personality chart lacks intelligence. Literally. Photo: Ten

Sophie notes that James's chart suggests "he's very serious and structured, which is opposite to me". He's out.

The next stage of the compatibility testing involves four naked dummies. No, not the men. Osher has directed the gents to dress the mannequins "as you would like Sophie to appear on your next date". Somehow Blake resists the temptation to step back, look at his naked Sophie avatar and say "my work here is done".

Call me a dummy, says Sophie, but I wouldn't be caught dead in that get-up. Photo: Ten

The chaps dress their Fauxphies for snowboarding, for a candlelit dinner by Sydney Harbour, for playing on the beach at Byron Bay, and for a hike-and-hot-tub adventure.

The whole point of this is to work out which of these "dates" Sophie likes least.

She picks Byron, "because I go to Byron all the time". Yes, that sounds strangely like a sign of compatibility, but we're in Oppositeland here (except when we're not), so Apollo is told to blast off.

The final stage is a nod to the original televised dating show, Perfect Match. Sophie is on one side of a screen, the chaps are on the other. She asks questions, they write down their answers.

An '80s throwback: Perfect Match redux. Photo: Ten

Mr Harmony reads out their responses, and it's obvious Stu is cunningly trying to reveal which bachelor he is via his coded answers. "I had a tactic from minute one, which was to leave a trail of breadcrumbs," he confesses to the camera.

That would be a terrific ploy had Sophie not already declared her complete lack of intelligence. She might peck happily at those breadcrumbs, but Hansel could yet be toast.

Blake at least knows what the crafty old publican is up to. "Stu's trying to cheat," he says. "It's vom-worthy."

It is too, but Blake's no better. When the most self-obsessed man on the show pledges to use his imaginary lotto winnings to "look after my family and friends", a nation collectively barfs.

As the Perfect Match music plays, Osher surprises absolutely no one by announcing Sophie has picked "bachelor number two", Stu.

"I can't believe you picked me," he says.

"Can't you," she asks, totally failing to appear surprised.

'Oh it's you!': Sure Sophie, like it was a tough code to crack. Photo: Ten

...here is part 2... cheers.

Blake never tires of boasting that he's "100 per cent confident" he can make Sophie fall for him because he knows exactly what a woman wants to hear, but on their date Stu shows he knows exactly what this woman wants to hear.

She asks if he's ever been compatible with anyone else and he says yes, "but not as much as with you".

She asks him if he's a player, and he says no, how could he be, he was married for 15 years. Because no one, ever, was both married and a player.

"I'm not that guy," he says. "I was happy. And I want that again. I like marriage."

Sophie nods so enthusiastically she looks like a life-sized bobblehead.

"I LOVE children," he adds. "And I would do it again in a heartbeat."

By now she's more dewy-eyed than Renee Zellweger in Jerry Maguire. Stop. You had me at hel … icopter.

Home and hosed with kids and an ex-wife to boot. Photo: Ten

Back in the mansion, Osher pulls out the very last single date card. It's Blake's turn at last.

"Patience is a virtue," he yells.

"It's crap," says Jarrod. Not patience, the fact Mr Roboto has scored a date.

Sophie says she's hoping to see his sensitive side, by which she must mean his circuit board.

Are you kidding me? Sophie wants to see Blake's softer side. Photo: Ten

Their date is country-bumpkin themed. It starts with feeding baby goats from the bottle, and it turns out he's a natural with kids.

Next up is milking a mother goat as a precursor to making cheese. "It's like a massive nipple," says Blake as he squeezes the goat's massive nipple.

"That's what it is," says Sophie, who really should go back and stick a sliver of intelligence on her pie chart. She's nobody's dummy.

Good with the kids? As the goat says 'Meh'. Photo: Ten

Blake reckons he's finally cracked the code in this whole looking-for-love-on-the-telly thing. "I've realised it's more emotion-based," he says, passably simulating a human. "That's the reason why I'm connecting with Sophie on a more sensitive level now."

Yep. Nothing to do with the producers deciding to give you more screen time because you're such a playah and you're so easy to loathe.

"Bad boys are my weakness," Sophie tells the camera. "But is Blake really a bad boy?" Oh c'mon.

Sophie finding out that Blake gets turned on by tugging nipples. Photo: Ten

It appears Blake's latest system reboot has updated his ability to respond to questions about intimacy and support and nurturing and blah blah blah, and Sophie seems to be utterly convinced by this simulacrum of a sensitive human being.

"I'm so glad I've seen this side of Blake," she says, as some band of flanny-clad faux cowboys plays a cheesy song on the lawn. "He's a really lovely person, I had no idea."

Seriously? Back to the pie chart, with you girl. That intelligence sliver is coming off.

"I'm 100 per cent into Sophie," Blake tells the camera, momentarily confusing her for himself. "It's just a matter of time before she's falling in love with me." That's better.

'Boom! Playah!' Photo: Ten

As the suited-up dudes have a pre-rose ceremony drink, Jarrod is fuming that "our buddy, our pal" had the last date, but he's sure Blake's true colours will shine through. "If he's trying to pull the wool over Sophie's eyes, good luck to him. But Sophie is a smarter girl than that." Clearly he didn't see her chart.

Blake rocks up in a white jacket, but doesn't offer to take anyone's drinks order. Jarrod climbs into the turret and trains his weapons upon the enemy. "We don't want Sophie to get her heart broken," he says to Blake. "I seriously don't want Sophie to get out of this and find she's got a dud at the end of it."

"Are you calling me a dud," Blake asks.

'Are you calling me a dud?' No, just the evil villain in Bond, Blake. Photo: Ten

We don't get an answer. Instead we get Sophie, dressed for an ABBA video c1977, coming to take Apollo away for some one-on-one time on the couch of D&M.

Stu can see the steam coming from Jarrod's ears, and leaps in manfully to release the pressure. "Don't worry about this kid," he says. "There is nothing, nothing, about you that you should change." Except maybe that creepy obsessive streak. And your desire to control everything. And your jealous rages. Other than that, it's all good.

They fist-bump. If Sophie ends up picking neither of them, at least they've got each other.

Jarrod gets a turn on the couch of D&M, where he confesses he has put Sophie on a pedestal from the moment he met her. Seriously, this man's heart is going to shatter like a toppled marble statue when she dumps him.

Ummm creepy, Jarrod! Photo: Ten

Rose ceremony time, and James and Blake get the "I hope I'm not going home" voiceovers, which means one of them is for the chop.

In comes Agnetha, sorry, Sophie, to hand out her four roses. Blake gets the first one, probably because their date was so fresh in her mind she can still remember his name. Stu gets the next one, then Jarrod. Phew. At least Captain Serious won't be going postal tonight.

Apollo gets the last one, which means it is, as we always knew it would be, James who is going home. In Sophieland, short guys always finish last.

Odd man out: James stops short of coming up roses. Photo: Ten

As the taxi of rejection drives him away, James ponders what might have been, if only he'd packed his platform boots.

"In terms of love," he says, "I've just got to hope that I meet the girl for me as it's meant to happen."

The odds on TV not being where it's meant to happen? Pretty short.

Back