Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

I wasn't talking about the show, I just disagree that you can judge someone based on how they react to rejection.

As you are not a woman, from my understanding, and have little chance of being one of the Australian woman who will be murdered this week in a domestic violence situation, you have little capacity for understanding such signs, or even understanding the need a woman has to monitor the signs of an emotionally dangerous person - who may at some point "feel emotional" and decide to kill you. Those of us who are woman and have been around more blocks than you have a fair notion of what is a bad sign in a man. (Which is not to say we won't make bad judgement calls, miss warning signs, make excuses for the poor dear, and end up dead in our beds tonight.)

At the very least, Blake showed signs of arsehole with that exit. Signs of entitled, and signs of narcissism throughout the show. A woman must not go against his will. Not pleasant.

As you are not a woman, from my understanding, and have little chance of being one of the Australian woman who will be murdered this week in a domestic violence situation, you have little capacity for understanding such signs, or even understanding the need a woman has to monitor the signs of an emotionally dangerous person - who may at some point "feel emotional" and decide to kill you. Those of us who are woman and have been around more blocks than you have a fair notion of what is a bad sign in a man. (Which is not to say we won't make bad judgement calls, miss warning signs, make excuses for the poor dear, and end up dead in our beds tonight.)

At the very least, Blake showed signs of arsehole with that exit. Signs of entitled, and signs of narcissism throughout the show. A woman must not go against his will. Not pleasant.

Exactly. And I am not a woman, and wouldn't claim to know what it would feel like to be threatened, vilified or objectified as one. But a lot of my best friends and family members are, and I can empathise. Bad behaviour is bad behaviour, and I will call it out when I see it, even if it is just on a reality tv show. And if I disagree with someone on a forum attempting to justify bad behavior, I will state my opinion on that too, regardless of whether that poster thinks it is "flawed thinking".

I wasn't saying what Blake did was right. I was just disagreeing with the fact that you can judge someone's true character based on how they handle rejection. I wasn't saying you can't judge their actions in that moment. Humans are complex and sometimes good people do awful things.

Exactly. And I am not a woman, and wouldn't claim to know what it would feel like to be threatened, vilified or objectified as one. But a lot of my best friends and family members are, and I can empathise. Bad behaviour is bad behaviour, and I will call it out when I see it, even if it is just on a reality tv show. And if I disagree with someone on a forum attempting to justify bad behavior, I will state my opinion on that too, regardless of whether that poster thinks it is "flawed thinking".

I wasn't trying to justify bad behavior. I was just pointing out that you really can't judge someone's true character based on how they handle rejection, because humans are way too complex for that. I'm not saying you can't judge someone for their behavior.

Blake was being the drama queen narc he was recruited to be. A rational calm response from him was never to be expected. Please people, remember this is not THE REAL LIFE. It's fake af. Unfortunately though, real life can be much much worse for some women, there is no arguing that.

Reactions: kxk
seeing how a person handles rejection is terrible way to judge character.
I disagree - their true character shines - James was rejected the night before - he took it hard but was still able to speak nicely to Sophie, wish her and the other guys well and walk out with his dignity intact

Blake - his face turned ugly the minute Jarrod got the first rose and it was downhill from there as it finally dawned on him that he of the humungous ego was outta there! to swear and carry on the way he did was like a spoilt child deprived of his latest toy ... and the way he's been going on in interviews today just proves his lack of class AND the fact he wasn't interested in Sophie as anything other than a step UP in his narrow little world.

this is why I no longer bother with the K&JO show - they (particularly Kyle) are supposedly friends of Sophie - WHY would they sink this low with this lowlife and give him air?

Too much information? Bachelorette 'villain' Blake Colman reveals he 'pleasured' himself while thinking of Sophie Monk 'several times' in the mansion

Channel Ten were up to date with their energy bills in the Bachelorette mansion, but that didn't stop the water running cold.

On Friday, booted 'villain' Blake Colman admitted to 'pleasuring' himself while thinking of Sophie Monk 'several times,' during his time on the show.

'Mate, had to have a lot of cold showers during the day,' he told the Kyle and Jackie O show, in a segment that quickly found itself in oversharing territory.

His response came after Kyle Sandilands probed: 'How often did you imagine having sex with Sophie [in the mansion], often?'

The 29-year-old confessed to having to holster his excitement under cold showers, with the conversation topic quickly piquing Kyle's interest.

'So you pleasured yourself several times and thinking of Sophie, right?' he confirmed.

'Yeah, exactly,' Blake confirmed, before discussing his 'imaginary sex,' with Bachelorette Sophie.

'During your imaginary sex with Sophie, how did she rate? Kyle asked, adding he too had an animated imagination: 'that's what I do, I've done this my whole life.'

He replied: 'You know, you've gotta let your imagination flow, but you also have to put it together,' implying imaginary sex wasn't enough.

While Blake was happy to overshare about his helping hand in the mansion, he was less forthcoming when asked if any contestants were intimate with each other.

'Were all the guys doing that together? Were they like, okay, "wack off time" because how do you get privacy?' Kyle asked.

'Well I don't know, a couple of boys were having spas together so, I'm not too sure,' he replied.

'I kinda walked in and there was a lot of candles and it was really dark and I saw the bubbles and I just basically turned around and walked out.'

'I know half of Australia hates me right now': Bachelorette reject Blake Colman reveals he was NEVER in love with Sophie Monk....and defends his unceremonious exit on the show

He claimed he had strong feelings for Sophie Monk during his time on The Bachelorette.

But after his unceremonious exit on Thursday night, Blake Colman revealed on Studio 10 the following day that he never loved Sophie.

When asked by co-host Sarah Harris if he was in love with Sophie, the 29-year-old entrepreneur tried to avoid the question and instead blamed the fast-paced experience on his outlandish exit.

4581C38500000578-4999294-Shock_twist_After_his_unceremonious_exit_on_last_night_s_episode-a-20_1508461725885.jpg

Shock twist! After his unceremonious exit on last night's episode, on Friday, Blake Colman revealed on Studio 10 that he never loved Sophie

'I'm not going to say I fell in love with her, but I was falling for her,' said Blake.

'A week in the house is like a month in the house. So you spend that long trying to fall for a girl and when everything started happening really really fast, then my emotions started getting involved really quickly.'

'Hence my crazy harsh exit and I know half of Australia hates me right now,' he continued.

And when asked about what happened to Jarrod's infamous love sprout, Blake revealed he and some of the other boys would be releasing a video detailing what exactly went down in the coming weeks.

On Thursday night's episode, the Perth native made a dramatic exit after not receiving a rose.

Taking Blake outside to privately explain her decision, Sophie said she didn't feel as though he 'had her back'.

Firing up, Blake didn't seem to agree, opting for 'ciao' and compilation of swear words as he departed.

'I've told you I've had your back,' he hit back, before adding: I don't really have anything else to say, hey. Have fun with the other boys. Ciao.

The remaining suitors include Apollo Jackson, 24, Jarrod Woodgate, 31, and rumoured winner, Stu Laundy, 44.

and how he should be remembered:

upload_2017-10-20_14-46-50.png

and WHY would they believe ANYTHING the douchebag says? screenshots of the texts or it never happened!!

So they DID exchange 'secret texts?' Bachelorette's Blake Colman admits he still talks to Sophie Monk and they spoke just LAST WEEK amid claims 'winner' Stu Laundy is furious "claims" in one of THEIR beatups <cough> I mean - stories!

He was mired in controversy this week after it was claimed he was 'secretly dating and texting' Sophie Monk.

And booted Bachelorette hunk Blake Colman, 29, has admitted to exchanging messages with the 37-year-old - even after filming wrapped.

Speaking to the Kyle and Jackie O show on Friday following his dramatic exit from the show, Blake said he's been in touch with the stunning blonde as recently as last week.

456290A800000578-4998862-image-a-34_1508450253427.jpg

Secret booted Bachelorette hunk Blake Colman, 29, has admitted to exchanging messages with Sophie Monk even after filming wrapped

'We've chatted here and there but just as good friends,' he said.

'I hit her up last week and I was like 'hey sorry for being a d*ck.'

He continued: 'She replied and said 'hey you were actually really funny.''

Blake's revelation comes after OK! Magazine claimed Sophie's winning beau was furious over Sophie's 'secret meetings' with Blake.

Millionaire Publican Stu Laundy, 44, is rumoured to have won Sophie's heart.

'There have been several texts from one guy in particular - all harmless, friendly banter,' an insider revealed.

'But [Sophie's man] knows there were genuine feelings involved and it's understandable he doesn't think she could just switch those feelings off.

The publication quoted entrepreneur Blake as confessing to having 'secret meet-ups' with the former actress.

'We had plenty of kisses... and there were chats off-camera - I know we have a great connections,' he was quoted as saying.

Network Ten denied the claims in a statement to Daily Mail Australia on Thursday.

'Sophie is in Thailand so any suggestion of dates with anyone is ridiculous,' a spokesperson said.

Apollo Jackson, 24, took a more respectful approach, telling the magazine that while he would like to stay in touch with the former Bardot singer should he be eliminated, he would need approval from her beau.

The report comes as Blake told Who on Thursday that despite the eight-year age gap between himself and Sophie, he believes they were made for each other.

'I can match her as a person... we would have the best relationship,' he said.

'I've put everything on the line (and) I don't want to leave and not get a rose. If that happened, it would be f***ing stupid.

Sadly for Blake he got eliminate on Thursday night.

After Sophie revealed his fate, he threw a hissy fit, telling her the outcome was bulls**t as he walked away from the mansion.

upload_2017-10-20_14-53-2.png
<except now he's totally NOT - cos she dumped him ... and his widdle ego is hurt>

'I thought she might have just been on it to boost her career': Bachelorette reject Blake Colman reveals he almost QUIT after finding out Sophie Monk was starring in the series
He threw a hissy fit after Sophie Monk booted him from the mansion on Thursday night's episode of The Bachelorette.

But that now iconic moment of television almost never came to fruition, with Blake Colman revealing he almost quit the series when he found out Sophie was starring.

Speaking to Nova 100’s Chrissie, Sam & Browny on Friday, Blake explained he had initially thought Sophie was only on the show to boost her fame.

4580C39500000578-4999022-image-m-34_1508455431945.jpg

'I thought she might have just been on it to boost her career': Bachelorette reject Blake Colman reveals he almost QUIT the series after finding out Sophie Monk was starring in the series

Blake revealed he had been scouted on Instagram by producers, who asked him to be on The Bachelorette.

'I got contacted and I thought, hey this could be pretty cool, you know meet a cool chick and then it was shown that Sophie was going to be on,' he explained.

'I literally was about to email back saying sorry I don’t want to do it because I thought she might have just been on it to boost her career.'

4581821C00000578-4999022-image-a-33_1508455419048.jpg

Wanted to be her best friend: Blake had a change of heart after seeing Sophie give an interview about why she was going on the series

But Blake had a change of heart after seeing Sophie give an interview about why she was going on the series.

'It wasn’t until I saw her on The Project and her response to some of the questions about the perfect date and what she’s looking for that really made me think otherwise,' he said.

'She was looking for a best friend so yeah I went along with it and I was like mate hopefully I can be that best friend.'

456290A800000578-4999022-image-a-35_1508455604458.jpg

Didn't audition: Blake revealed he had been scouted on Instagram by producers, who asked him to be on The Bachelorette

457CC7CF00000578-4999022-image-a-44_1508455719324.jpg

Couldn't believe it: A disbelieving Blake swore as he was broken the news, questioning why he was being sent home

But Blake didn't get the chance to become Sophie's best friend, being booted by the blonde bombshell on Thursday night's episode.

A disbelieving Blake swore as he was broken the news, questioning why he was being sent home.

After Sophie explained she hadn't felt Blake had backed her during home visits, the 29-year-old 'investor/entrepreneur' hit back.

457CC7CB00000578-4999022-image-a-45_1508455721959.jpg

'Seriously, she gives me that bullsh*t answer?' Blake was not happy about his elimination

'Seriously, she gives me that bullsh*t answer?' He snapped.

'The fact that, like, apparently I didn't protect her. Yeah, that's just BS. Best guy for her is in this limo on his way home. She's just got the second-best guys in the house now.'

Meanwhile since being kicked off the show Blake has updated his Instagram bio, adding contact details of his talent manager.

456290BA00000578-4999022-image-a-46_1508455726544.jpg

His big break? Meanwhile since being kicked off the show Blake has updated his Instagram bio, adding contact details of his talent manager

what talent? liar? tanty-thrower? poser? snake?

and another classy reject

'You're too good for her!' Bachelorette 'villain' Ryan Jones slams Sophie Monk after she sends fan-favourite James Trethewie packing before hometown visits

He was the straight-shooting Kiwi construction foreman, who was unceremoniously booted by Sophie Monk on Channel Ten's hit dating show.

And now Bachelorette 'villain' Ryan Jones has slammed the singer online for dumping fan-favourite James Threthewie on Wednesday night's episode.

The 26-year-old did not mince his words when taking to social media to comfort his heartbroken friend.

Scroll down for video

45799BC600000578-4995404-_You_re_too_good_for_her_Bachelorette_villain_Ryan_Jones_Picture-a-2_1508384024181.jpg

+8
'You're too good for her!' Bachelorette 'villain' Ryan Jones (Pictured) slams Sophie Monk after she sends fan-favourite James Trethewie packing before hometown visits

45799C2000000578-4995404-Not_taking_it_well_James_pictured_penned_a_lengthy_soul_baring_a-a-1_1508384024173.jpg

+8
Not taking it well: James (pictured) penned a lengthy, soul-baring and impassioned Instagram essay over two separate posts to explain how his early departure from the series had left him 'broken' on Thursday night

James had penned a lengthy, soul-baring and impassioned Instagram essay over two separate posts to explain how his early departure from the series had left him 'broken'.

Ryan commented on the emotional upload: 'Don't worry bro, your (sic) too good for someone who judges the potential of a relationship off a stupid pie chart anyway.'

The former reality star was referring to a compatibility challenge arranged by an E-harmony 'expert' to display their personality traits on a pie chart.

After the guest expert suggested James was not a good match, Sophie eliminated him from the games and later sent him packing from the entire competition.

4573CCD700000578-4995404-image-a-4_1508384024253.jpg

4573CCCA00000578-4995404-image-a-5_1508384024260.jpg

'Your (sic) too good for someone who judges the potential of a relationship off a stupid pie chart anyway': The former reality star was referring to a compatibility challenge arranged by an E-harmony 'expert' to display their personality traits on a pie chart

4573CCD100000578-4995404-That_s_rough_After_the_guest_expert_suggested_James_was_not_a_go-a-3_1508384024215.jpg

That's rough! After the guest expert suggested James was not a good match, Sophie eliminated him from the games and later sent him packing from the entire competition

45581D0D00000578-4995404-_Love_ya_bro_As_well_as_Ryan_coming_to_his_support_current_rival-a-7_1508384024642.jpg

'Love ya bro': As well as Ryan coming to his support, current rival and rumoured winner Stu Laundy also commented a short message

James' output of emotion noted it was a shock for him to leave, he still believed they had chemistry and wished her all the best.

As well as Ryan coming to his support, current rival and rumoured winner Stu Laundy also commented: 'Love ya bro.'

Sophie also took to Instagram to speak about the Sydney accountant, stating he was 'the perfect guy' but wasn't compatible with him.

4573F0E700000578-4995404-Ouch_Sophie_s_arguably_flippant_post_was_worlds_away_from_the_em-a-10_1508384024974.jpg

Ouch! Sophie's arguably flippant post was worlds away from the emotional message James uploaded to his page in the wake of his painful rejection

'He is organised, together and tidy. I’ve dated a guy like him before and I'd do his head in. He’ll find a better girl than me x,' she simply wrote.

Sophie's arguably flippant post was worlds away from the emotional message James uploaded to his page in the wake of his painful rejection.

'Broken,' he began, 'This is hard to share, but also really important for me as part of the healing process... Soph, I'm so incredibly grateful to have met you, for the experiences & feelings we shared.'

4574150F00000578-4995404-Heartbroken_James_was_visually_distraught_after_being_dumped_by_-a-6_1508384024636.jpg

Heartbroken: James was visually distraught after being dumped by Sophie on Wednesday night's episode

He went on to praise Sophie for her beauty and compassion, before admitting that he was blindsided by her decision to eliminate him before home-town visits.

'I know we were told we're not compatible by e-harmony dude and I get it.. I'm both a Virgo & Libran (cusp sign) so can't help being somewhat organised.. but definitely not too serious,' he wrote.

He went on to claim he believed he shared true chemistry with Sophie and that he hopes they can be friends in future.

4574809B00000578-4995404-_I_honestly_have_nothing_but_love_respect_for_you_He_went_on_to_-a-9_1508384024958.jpg

'I honestly have nothing but love & respect for you': He went on to claim he believed he shared true chemistry with Sophie and that he hopes they can be friends in future

'I honestly have nothing but love & respect for you and hope more than anything we can turn our connection into one that's best mates as it'd be a shame to let it go completely.'

Meanwhile, James has spoken about his desire to become Australia's next Bachelor, telling Confidential that he's 'happy to be Matty J 2.0'

Following his elimination on Wednesday the 31-year-old told the publication he was open to the idea on his quest for love, saying: 'If everything lined up I wouldn't rule it out.'

The Bachelorette continues Thursday 7.30pm on Ten.

457414E600000578-4995404-If_everything_lined_up_I_wouldn_t_rule_it_out_Meanwhile_James_ha-a-8_1508384024725.jpg

If everything lined up I wouldn't rule it out': Meanwhile, James has spoken about his desire to become Australia's next Bachelor, telling Confidential that he's 'happy to be Matty J 2.0'

Reactions: kxk
Pathetic. Kyle Sandilands isn't much better with his sleazebag questions. And he's a friend of Sophie's?
supposedly - she often was on their show - sometimes filling in if one of them was sick - and her BFF who she's been hiding out with in Thailand used to be a producer on their show/network

they always ask sleazy questions - shock jock sort of stuff - after a while it just gets same ole same ole - I only have a 10 minute commute to the office but even 10 minutes got to be too much for me and I turned off ages ago

once again - not sure you can believe anything that comes out of his mouth but then I can imagine both Blake and Sam goading Jarrod to the point of him threatening to thump them! I think he's just trying to justify the goading we saw and trying to discredit Jarrod who could end up the winner
Almost hoping he does just to give this idiot the $hits

The Bachelorette fight you DIDN'T see! Blake Colman says rival Jarrod Woodgate threatened to BASH Sam Cochrane in deleted scene

He's the Bachelorette hopeful who was sent packing by Sophie Monk on Thursday's episode of the hit reality show.

And Blake Colman has once again spoken about his disdain for rival Jarrod Woodgate, claiming that the winery manager had threatened to 'bash' contestant Sam Cochrane in an un-aired scene on the show.

'You guys saw some stuff happen between us, but it really started when he said that he'd bash Sammy,' Blake told Popsugar following his elimination.

457CC7A600000578-4997098-Bachie_bust_up_Ousted_Bachelorette_hopeful_Blake_Colman_has_reve-m-76_1508421479748.jpg

Bachie bust up: Blake Colman has once again spoken about his disdain for rival Jarrod Woodgate, claiming that the winery manager had threatened to 'bash' contestant Sam Cochrane in an un-aired scene on the show

When pressed on whether the incident was something viewers saw on air, Blake added: 'No, and then after that I said I'd have Sammy's back'.

'But Jarrod kept on pushing my buttons and I told him exactly how I felt,' he said.

Blake was also drawn on the pot plant incident in which a pot plant Jarrod planned to gift to Sophie had been urinated on, with Jarrod claiming Blake to be the main suspect.

457ECB8100000578-4997098-image-a-85_1508424032019.jpg

Bickering bachelors: 'You guys saw some stuff happen between us, but it really started when he said that he'd bash Sammy (pictured),' Blake told Popsugar following his elimination.

457CC78600000578-4997098-Fighting_words_Speaking_to_Popsugar_Blake_said_the_pair_butted_h-m-77_1508421641744.jpg

Fighting words: Blake was also drawn on the pot plant incident in which a pot plant Jarrod planned to gift to Sophie had been urinated on, with Jarrod claiming Blake to be the main suspect

When asked if he was the offender a cheeky Blake professed his innocence while hinting that he knew the real culprit.

'I can't say,' he said. 'It's a secret. It wasn't me!'

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph after his elimination Blake said that he was dumbfounded that he was eliminated before Jarrod.

4573FB0500000578-4997098-Alpha_male_You_guys_saw_some_stuff_happen_between_us_but_it_real-m-78_1508421745264.jpg

Alpha male: 'You guys saw some stuff happen between us, but it really started when he said that he'd bash Sammy,' Blake told the outlet

'It was an emotional rollercoaster the last couple of weeks,'Blake told the publication.

'To go home before Jarrod, that was just really weird.'

With Blake eliminated, Jarrod, who has been dubbed a 'stage five clinger'by fans, will now face off against Stu Laundy and Apollo Jackson.

It comes weeks after Sam claimed that his fellow Bachelorette contestants were scared of former military man Jarrod.

'We are all actually terrified of him,' he told NW magazine.

He later added: 'He is from the military and Jarrod could kill you!' what a pathetic thing of Sam to say - comments like this about members of the Defence Force really give me the $hits - full disclosure - family members are currently serving so this BS comment really gets me riled! Guys like Sam and Blake would NEVER consider serving their country and would never appreciate not understand WHY the men and women who do it choose to do it

4573CCC200000578-4997098-No_love_lost_After_that_I_said_I_d_have_Sammy_s_back_but_Jarrod_-m-79_1508421773578.jpg

No love lost: After that I said I'd have Sammy's back, but Jarrod kept on pushing my buttons and I told him exactly how I felt'

in case you were wondering ....

The Bachelorette’s Stu says he’s willing to have his vasectomy reversed. But does it work?

Bachelorette Sophie Monk was gobsmacked to learn one of her final four men – in fact, the favourite to win – has had a vasectomy.

In Thursday night’s episode, Stu Laundy admitted to Sophie that he has undergone the procedure, which is designed to make him infertile.

The revelation caused the 37-year-old to question their relationship given, that she has made it perfectly clear she wants to have children in the near future.

Stu quickly added he would be very willing to have the procedure reversed as he “loved kids”.

stu-soph-feat-image.jpg

Stu found it difficult to tell Sophie he'd had the procedure. (Image via Channel Ten.)
But hang on a second, is it all as simple as that? How do you reverse "the snip" and does it actually work?

According to IVF Australia, a vasectomy reversal or vasovasectomy is a surgical procedure where the vas deferens (tubes that sperm must pass through to reach the penis and be ejaculated) that were cut during a vasectomy are reconnected.

While the procedure sounds straightforward enough, success is only measured once doctors conduct a "semen analysis" six to eight weeks later.

"After a vasectomy reversal sperm usually returns progressively and by three months 90 per cent of men will have sperm present," the website states.

CollisionAdMarker.png

Whether the procedure was successful will also depend on how damaged the vas deferens were and how much time has passed since the vasectomy. If it was 10 or 15 years ago, the chances of success are much lower.

Listen: Bach Chat discusses what the way a man handles rejection says about him. Post continues...

And in the five to 10 percent chance the reversal does fail, there are other options. For couples who want to conceive through IVF, sperm can be extracted from the epididymis or testis. As these surgeries carry

For couples who want to conceive through IVF, sperm can be extracted from the epididymis or testis. As these surgeries carry risks, however, a vasectomy reversal should be attempted first, Vasectomy Reversal Australia's Dr Robert Woolcott recommends.

What does this mean for your chances of getting pregnant post-vasovasectomy?
Of course, the return of sperm doesn't necessarily mean a pregnancy will soon follow.

According to Vasectomy Reversal Australia, the post-surgery pregnancy rate is between 50 to 80 per cent. However, a major factor in this success rate is the age of the woman trying to get pregnant - as it is for women with partners who haven't had vasectomies.

"When the woman is less than 35 years and the duration of time between vasectomy and reversal is less than 10 years up to 85 per cent of couples achieve a successful pregnancy," the website states.

And as for the health of that child, there's no evidence to suggest couples should wait beyond the two-week recovery period before trying to conceive.

All in all, we can understand why a vasectomy isn't necessarily the deal-breaker it first seems like.

Back