Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

it all just gets a little bit too incestuous though ... more from the Daily Fail

My Friend Rules! Ash Pollard reveals she's good friends with The Bachelorette's James Trethewie

She's the TV personality who is known for her posh taste.

And Ash Pollard has revealed she's good friends with one of the men Sophie Monk is dating on The Bachelorette

On Thursday, the 30-year-old former My Kitchen Rules star took to Instagram to share a snap of herself with catching up with James Trethewie, 31.

4492189800000578-4908484-_Would_you_looky_here_TV_personality_Ash_Pollard_has_revealed_sh-a-2_1506046076872.jpg

'Would you looky here!' TV personality Ash Pollard has revealed she is good friends with James Trethewie, 31, one of the men Sophie Monk is dating on The Bachelorette

She revealed to her legions of followers they're both originally Tasmanian and also share Godparents.

'Would you looky here! This handsome devil is gracing your screens tonight on @bacheloretteau. My god brother (we share godparents you see), James!'

'Go get em Taz' she wrote, adding 'p.s Addicted to @sophiemonk!'

Fans of the reality TV star, immediately flocked to the comments section to share their thoughts on James and his chances with The Bachelorette.

'He's gorgeous!! How on earth is he single what a sweetheart,' one gushed.

448C27B300000578-4908484-Impressing_Sophie_This_revelation_comes_after_the_Sophie_s_hilar-a-1_1506046076837.jpg

Impressing Sophie: This revelation comes after the Sophie's hilarious photo shoot group date that saw the men dress up as characters

448C27EE00000578-4908484-Showing_his_fun_side_James_was_cast_in_the_Robin_Hood_scene_and_-a-3_1506046077047.jpg

Showing his fun side: James was cast in the Robin Hood scene, and in the not-so desirable role of Friar Tuck. However, he took the role in his stride and had fun with it showing Sophie his playful side, which impressed her

'He's in the minority of decent humans on there. Poor Sophie,' another added.

Meanwhile The Bachelor's Monica Brown, who was eliminated in the early on in the season, wrote: 'He is a dead ringer of Bradley cooper. And let's be honest Bradley cooper is pretty amazing.'

This isn't the first time the two have appeared on social media together, last month Ash also shared a selfie with James with the caption: 'Couple of Tassie Devils right here!'

449218A500000578-4908484-Good_friends_This_isn_t_the_first_time_the_two_have_appeared_on_-a-4_1506046077114.jpg

Good friends: This isn't the first time the two have appeared on social media together, last month Ash also shared a selfie with James with the caption: 'Couple of Tassie Devils right here!'

Her recent selfie comes after the Sophie's hilarious photo shoot group date that saw the men dress up as characters.

James was cast in the Robin Hood scene, and in the not-so desirable role of Friar Tuck.

However, he took the role in his stride and had fun with it showing Sophie his playful side, which impressed her.

'Have fun. Do whatever the hell you like. Spend the day in bed. Cry over films, books, music, and art. Smile at the grumpy man on the bus,' a section of the quote read.

The paean continued: 'Get wrecked. Dance. Kiss someone. Stay out all night. Fall over a few times. Make your friends laugh. Just f**king live a little!' yep definitely a wordsmith - just like the Daily Fail <cough> journalist
Haaaahaaa, he's like a male human version of a Tumblr blog or pretentious Instagram account. **cringe**

:woot::woot::woot:

Are the odds in his favour? Sportsbet asks Bachelorette fans to wager on whether 'villain' Ryan Jones will be 'deported back to New Zealand'

He was slammed on social media after being introduced as the token 'villain' character on The Bachelorette this season.

And now Ryan Jones, 26, has become comedic fodder for Sportsbet, with the Australian online bookmaker, now allowing fans to bet on whether Ryan will be 'deported back to New Zealand.'

According to the website, viewers are able to take a punt on whether he will be deported back to his New Zealand homeland for $31.

44809C6B00000578-0-image-a-34_1505957538409.jpg

Are the odds in his favour? Ryan Jones, 26, has become comedic fodder for Sportsbet, with the Australian online bookmaker, now allowing fans to bet on whether Ryan will be 'deported back to New Zealand'

4491D05B00000578-0-image-a-1_1506037207415.jpg

Bizarre: According to the website, viewers are able to take a punt on whether he will be deported back to his New Zealand homeland for $31

Another less likely scenario has also been listed, with fans being asked to bet $501 on whether Ryan will be 'elected New Zealand Prime Minister in the 2017 New Zealand general election.' Bugger! I thought Barnaby Joyce had it nailed!!!

Ryan's odds of making the Bachelorette final three is also currently at $14.

However, his overall chances of winning the competition are decidedly bleak according to Sportsbet, with the construction foreman sitting at the bottom of the pack with $101.

4469DDDB00000578-4908478-From_reality_TV_to_politics_Another_less_likely_scenario_has_als-a-35_1506046406205.jpg

From reality TV to politics? Another less likely scenario has also been listed, with fans being asked to bet $501 on whether Ryan will be 'elected New Zealand Prime Minister in the 2017 New Zealand general election'

It comes after Ryan ruffled feathers in the Bachelorette mansion after grilling Sophie about why she wanted to find love on a reality show.

The confident ex-rugby star told Sophie he had 'very high expectations and high standards' after detailing a long list of attributes that his ideal woman must have. ex-rugby star - oh ffs - he's hardly that!

Why hasn't anything worked out before? I mean, you're Sophie Monk' he demanded.

4482AB1E00000578-4908478-Controversial_character_Ryan_quiclky_quickly_established_himself-a-36_1506046406208.jpg

Controversial character: Ryan quiclky quickly established himself as the token villain character on The Bachelorette this Wednesday night after questioning Sophie Monk about her intentions behind going on the high-profile show

Sophie replied: 'I haven't been looking in the right places, I think'.

'You think this is a good place to start?' Ryan shot back. I would have shot back with "Do YOU?" closely followed by - "There's the front gate - let's not stand on <rose> ceremony! See ya!"

In a piece to camera, Sophie stated: 'I think Ryan's approach was a bit more aggressive than I'm used to.'

4489279400000578-4908478-Is_he_doomed_In_a_piece_to_camera_Sophie_stated_I_think_Ryan_s_a-a-37_1506046406403.jpg

Is he doomed? In a piece to camera, Sophie stated: 'I think Ryan's approach was a bit more aggressive than I'm used to'

OMG if this is the best, imagine the ghastly ones they rejected!

They should have recruited more, from real life, not casting sites and talent agents.

They could have tried a few fire stations, police, farmer groups, tradies for hire, geek clubs - ie techie, Dr Who etc
Sports, friends of Dr Chris Brown (Australia's most eligible bachelor I reckon), Miguels cousins - hot

so I've gone off Brett now ...

from the Daily Fail ...

Sophie's one lucky lady! The Bachelorette's aspiring model Brett Moore shows off his bulging biceps in a beach photo shoot as he encourages fans to 'just f**king live a little!' <ack!>

He's the personal trainer currently competing for the affections of Sophie Monk onThe Bachelorette.

But Brett Moore is more than just a fitness fanatic. he's also an instagram knob

The 29-year-old, who boasts 19,000 followers onInstagram, is quite the creative, running a popular blog where he shows off both his brains and his brawn.

44809C2B00000578-4905838-Is_he_The_One_Brett_is_not_only_a_personal_trainer_but_a_budding-a-45_1505998044389.jpg

Is he 'The One'? Brett is not only a personal trainer, but a budding creative who boasts a substantial Instagram following and a popular blog

448AF3EB00000578-0-image-m-2_1505980250232.jpg

Less is Moore! 29-year-old personal trainer Brett Moore is currently competing for the affections of Sophie Monk on the The Bachelorette he's obviously doing it tough - can't afford new boardies for the summer ...Sophie should take pity on him!

Brett's blog, Such Is Life, features interviews and photo shoots with like-minded creatives, however the aspiring model isn't shy in turning the camera on himself.

In a post titled 'We The Dreamers', Brett can be seen posing poignantly on the sand, dressed in an white ensemble that contrasts his tanned skin.

In a series of artistic shots, the reality star looks away from the camera, covering up under a black felt fedora. I don't know about you but I find black is a GREAT colour - especially for a hat - for the beach

448AF35700000578-4905838-Artistic_In_a_series_of_shots_edgy_Brett_poses_poignant_on_the_s-a-42_1505998044297.jpg

448AF56300000578-4905838-He_s_a_bit_of_all_white_Bret_s_white_ensemble_contrasted_his_tan-a-43_1505998044304.jpg

Artistic: In a series of shots, edgy Brett poses poignant on the sand who writes this $h!t

448AF4BF00000578-0-image-a-3_1505980991989.jpg

White on the mark! Brett showed off his bulging biceps

However, the West Australian's designer stubble and and stylish tattoos are on full display, in addition to his bulging biceps.

No doubt the trainer's fit physique will delight Bachelorette Sophie, who revealed on Wednesday's night's episode of the program that she wanted a 'masculine' man.

But proving he also has a sensitive side, wordsmith Brett included a lengthy quote instructing readers on how to live a full life.

448AF56B00000578-4905838-Suddenly_shy_Brett_looked_away_from_the_camera_and_covered_up_in-a-44_1505998044306.jpg

Suddenly shy! Brett looked away from the camera and covered up in a black fedora

'Have fun. Do whatever the hell you like. Spend the day in bed. Cry over films, books, music, and art. Smile at the grumpy man on the bus,' a section of the quote read.

The paean continued: 'Get wrecked. Dance. Kiss someone. Stay out all night. Fall over a few times. Make your friends laugh. Just f**king live a little!' yep definitely a wordsmith - just like the Daily Fail <cough> journalist

Brett may be hoping to do a number of these activities during his time courting Sophie on The Bachelor, as the series continues on Network Ten.

4469EE3D00000578-4905838-Love_at_first_sight_Wednesday_night_s_episode_saw_Brett_and_Soph-a-46_1505998044770.jpg

Love at first sight? Wednesday night's episode saw Brett and Sophie come face to face for the first time

Erk! He was on my "might be all right" list of potential non-famewhores, along with Apollo. The list gets shorter all the time.

it all just gets a little bit too incestuous though ... more from the Daily Fail

My Friend Rules! Ash Pollard reveals she's good friends with The Bachelorette's James Trethewie

She's the TV personality who is known for her posh taste.

And Ash Pollard has revealed she's good friends with one of the men Sophie Monk is dating on The Bachelorette

On Thursday, the 30-year-old former My Kitchen Rules star took to Instagram to share a snap of herself with catching up with James Trethewie, 31.

4492189800000578-4908484-_Would_you_looky_here_TV_personality_Ash_Pollard_has_revealed_sh-a-2_1506046076872.jpg

'Would you looky here!' TV personality Ash Pollard has revealed she is good friends with James Trethewie, 31, one of the men Sophie Monk is dating on The Bachelorette

She revealed to her legions of followers they're both originally Tasmanian and also share Godparents.

'Would you looky here! This handsome devil is gracing your screens tonight on @bacheloretteau. My god brother (we share godparents you see), James!'

'Go get em Taz' she wrote, adding 'p.s Addicted to @sophiemonk!'

Fans of the reality TV star, immediately flocked to the comments section to share their thoughts on James and his chances with The Bachelorette.

'He's gorgeous!! How on earth is he single what a sweetheart,' one gushed.

448C27B300000578-4908484-Impressing_Sophie_This_revelation_comes_after_the_Sophie_s_hilar-a-1_1506046076837.jpg

Impressing Sophie: This revelation comes after the Sophie's hilarious photo shoot group date that saw the men dress up as characters

448C27EE00000578-4908484-Showing_his_fun_side_James_was_cast_in_the_Robin_Hood_scene_and_-a-3_1506046077047.jpg

Showing his fun side: James was cast in the Robin Hood scene, and in the not-so desirable role of Friar Tuck. However, he took the role in his stride and had fun with it showing Sophie his playful side, which impressed her

'He's in the minority of decent humans on there. Poor Sophie,' another added.

Meanwhile The Bachelor's Monica Brown, who was eliminated in the early on in the season, wrote: 'He is a dead ringer of Bradley cooper. And let's be honest Bradley cooper is pretty amazing.'

This isn't the first time the two have appeared on social media together, last month Ash also shared a selfie with James with the caption: 'Couple of Tassie Devils right here!'

449218A500000578-4908484-Good_friends_This_isn_t_the_first_time_the_two_have_appeared_on_-a-4_1506046077114.jpg

Good friends: This isn't the first time the two have appeared on social media together, last month Ash also shared a selfie with James with the caption: 'Couple of Tassie Devils right here!'

Her recent selfie comes after the Sophie's hilarious photo shoot group date that saw the men dress up as characters.

James was cast in the Robin Hood scene, and in the not-so desirable role of Friar Tuck.

However, he took the role in his stride and had fun with it showing Sophie his playful side, which impressed her.

Why is Aussie tv so incestuous? It's so annoying when someone knows someone else from another reality show, it really takes all sense of "reality" away for me. Normal people are lucky if they've ever met a celebrity, we certainly don't post for instagram selfies with them. On the plus side Ash isn't the kiss of death, she was fun on her recent appearances and at least it's not Tully.

Why is Aussie tv so incestuous? It's so annoying when someone knows someone else from another reality show, it really takes all sense of "reality" away for me. Normal people are lucky if they've ever met a celebrity, we certainly don't post for instagram selfies with them. On the plus side Ash isn't the kiss of death, she was fun on her recent appearances and at least it's not Tully.
I guess it takes a certain type of person to even want to go on these reality shows - and like-minded people tend to flock together/attract each other ... who knows - Ash might have said to him "Why don't you go on ... " or maybe producers reach out to former reality people for suggestions of people who might be interested when they don't get enough good applicants in the first instance

I always think only the first one or two seasons ever come off half-genuine ... then it becomes a lazy formula-based thing and a bit predictable ...

So what do we think Apollo's real name is? I'm guessing it's highly likely to be the same name as one of the other dudes (ie. Luke, Pete, Ryan) because no one is called Apollo for reals, right?

Edit: My friend Google reveals that Apollo Jackson has a real name, and it's Jack Spence. :whistling:

So what do we think Apollo's real name is? I'm guessing it's highly likely to be the same name as one of the other dudes (ie. Luke, Pete, Ryan) because no one is called Apollo for reals, right?

Edit: My friend Google reveals that Apollo Jackson has a real name, and it's Jack Spence. :whistling:
your Google needs updating ;) lol

HE’S the tall, dark, handsome magician wooing Sophie Monk in tonight’s first episode of The Bachelorette. But away from the show, Gold Coast entertainer Apollo Jackson, real name Jake Spence, has quite a story to tell.

Just two and a half years ago the magician suffered a heart attack — aged just 22 — and was in Critical Care for two weeks.

“I was super lucky. I was sitting at a friend’s place, having dinner, and I had really bad anxiety at the time,” he says. “I remember sitting there, half-shaking, because there was a lot of things going on.”

At the time Spence was working in security and had serious financial troubles. He was overweight, and admits he wasn’t looking after himself.

f95dbc579199c9d783ae74544f0e7458

Jake Spence was best known for accurately predicting the top three winning horses in last year’s Melbourne Cup. Picture: Mike BatterhamSource:News Corp Australia so thats the BEST he can do? how about making all the other contenders disappear? now THAT would be impressive!!

“I had debt collection agencies calling me up, and I was just sitting there, shaking,” he says. any alarm bells ringing now about this guy?

“..Then my ears started ringing, and my vision went, and both my arms went numb. And I just dropped.”

Spence’s friend acted quickly, driving him to the hospital, where doctors diagnosed him as having a heart attack.

“It felt like there was a vice squeezing my heart. Like a rock was on my chest,” he says. “My heartrate was stuck on 180/190 (beats per minute) for five days and none of the doctors could get it down — it was crazy.”

The health scare forced him to re-evaluate his life.

9b2602ea57b6564d0f26214e5295e03a

Apollo will be vying to win Sophie Monk’s heart in The Bachelorette 2017. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied

“I got a massive talking-to from the doctors, in relation to stress.” he says. “I was like, ‘Life is too short. You have got to stop what you are doing and focus on what you really want to do.’” Spence quit both his jobs and decided to become a performer full time. He now works as a magician, touring his act.

“I do large-scale events, I do escapes, I do stunts, and corporate stage shows. I also do close-up stuff, and mentalism as well,” he says.

35997628c08cc300cbf865c217a55214

Jake Spence, aka Apollo Jackson, hangs out with a small horse at his Tallebudgera home on the Gold Coast. Picture: Mike BatterhamSource:News Corp Australia

He signed on for The Bachelor because he finds it difficult to meet girls while travelling.

“I’m looking for someone who’s fun, down to earth, has a great personality — someone you can have a laugh with,” he says. “Someone who has a big heart, and who gets what it’s like to be a performer.

“I knew a bit about Sophie, and she ticked all those boxes — plus she’s gorgeous too.”

Gold Coast magician Jake Spence aka Apollo Jackson predicts Melbourne Cup top three horses
Kristy Muir, Gold Coast Bulletin
November 2, 2016 1:00am

A GOLD Coast magician has proved the Melbourne Cup is a numbers game – predicting the top three horses a week before the race.

Jake Spence, aka Apollo Jackson, performed the magic trick as part of a segment on Rebel FM’s breakfast show, which will go to air this morning.

6bc5af3b472b9ccc48207b97afdf780f

Pictured at his Tallebudgera home Gold Coast magician Jake Spence aka Apollo Jackson predicted a week ago the top three horses for Melbourne Cup. Picture Mike Batterham
Mr Spence, of Tallebudgera, told the Gold Coast Bulletin he wrote the numbers 17, 13 and 6 on a piece of paper which was sealed in an envelope and locked in a safe at the radio station.

“I didn’t put a bet on,” the 24-year-old said.

“I just had a feeling about the numbers.

“When I wrote the prediction a week earlier I didn’t know who was racing, or the conditions.”

e4d3c96e59295efffbae1e4fab4940dc

Pictured at his Tallebudgera home Gold Coast magician Jake Spence aka Apollo Jackson predicted a week ago the top three horses for Melbourne Cup. Picture Mike Batterham
The station’s breakfast host and music director David Holleran said he was “very surprised” Mr Spence had picked the correct horses.

“I was very sceptical,” he said.

“I am a 90’s kid – I am sceptical about everything.

“But he proved me wrong.”

f8644655aa650920ae48d3231fb4e2e3

Mr Spence has been practising magic for a decade but after a heart attack last year decided to give up his job as a bouncer and pursue his passion.

“It was from stress – I worked 100-hour weeks,” he said.

“I decided it was time to do what I love and get out there and do it full time.”

so a reminder that this heart attack was just 2 years ago - he's only 24 ... I can't see him being a serious contender

APOLLO Jackson is the magician who made headlines for predicting the top three Melbourne Cup place getters a week before the event.

He is in Toowoomba to perform two shows at the Cathedral Centre and will also kick start his web series here.

His two shows this week are private performances but he is taking to the streets these holidays to film his Youtube street series.

Jake Spence, aka Apollo Jackson, describes himself as a dynamo style, professional magician.

Mr Spence has practised magic for 10 years but after a heart attack last year decided to give up his job as a bouncer and pursue his passion.

9-3571057-twb021216apollo3_t460.jpg

Jake Spence, aka Apollo Jackson is coming to Toowoomba to perform magic.
"I was always fascinated by magic. When I was growing up my best friend and I used to gather our families and put on magic shows," he said.

"It progressed from there and I got my own magic books and was lucky enough to have a mentor when I was 16 and learnt the craft - it has really evolved from there."

Mr Spence has performed in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Sydney and is planning on touring the country next year.

His web series will involve up close magic on the streets as well as extreme stunts such as escape from Boggo Road Jail, a buried alive stunt and a suspended helicopter escape.

upload_2017-9-22_14-54-25.jpeg

"There is a lot of love for magic in Australia and I wanted to go around the country and show people the sort of things they see on television in real life.

"We are bringing it to Toowoomba before we take it anywhere else in Australia," he said. I think he talks himself up a LOT

"I visited Toowoomba recently for a charity function where I performed magic and I received an amazing response.

"Everyone was so interactive so I decided to kick off the series here.

"I have such a passion for inspiring and encouraging people to follow their dreams because I have gone down that path and it is amazing.

Mr Spence is also looking at doing stage shows next year in Toowoomba.

For more information search Apollo Jackson on Facebook or visit apollojackson.com.

9-3575491-twb051216fork002_fct573x429x206.0x22.0_ct460x345.jpg
Magician, Apollo Jackson.

ABOUT APOLLO - from his website ...

“Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything possible.

I was always fascinated by magic. When I was growing up my best friend and I used to gather our families together and put on magic shows"

Born on September 4, 1992, in Gold Coast Australia, Apollo Jackson is the combination of an Extreme Athlete, Stuntman, Escape Artist, Music Artist and world renowned Magician.

But what many people don't know is, it’s his humanitarian work, not his business ventures that fuels his passion.

DUBBED BY THE MEDIA AS THE AUSTRALIAN DYNAMO?

Apollo has been featured in over 76 publications across 3 countries, various TV and radio appearances and performing at the worlds most iconic venues across Vegas.

Apollo Jackson is the magician who made headlines for predicting the top three Melbourne Cup place getters a week before the event.

Dubbed by the media as “ Australia’s answer to Dynamo, the most electrifying man in modern entertainment ”.

ohhhhhhh he's got desktop and Iphone Wallpapers for all his fans to download ...

upload_2017-9-22_14-59-48.jpeg

ohhhhhh he did a STREET TOUR ... upload_2017-9-22_15-1-16.png

call me a cynic but is that just a great way to claim your overseas holiday as a tax deduction?

and under Charity

well you can read it for yourself ...

http://apollojackson.com/charity/

the Horses Helping Humans = his mother's business

http://www.horseshelpinghumansaustralia.com/page/about

sorry - he's never been on my list as possibles but now he's definitely NOT on my list of maybes ...

Back