Skip to main content

The Bachelorette 2017

THUG CONFIRMATION....

Bachelorette villain Ryan and his best pal Daniel Taylor - son of Kings Cross identity John Ibrahim - show off their near-matching leg tattoos as they meet up in Bondi

Ergh. No wonder he thinks he's all that and a box of chocolates. He's hanging out in his sweaty clothes with famous rich crims! That's certified husband material for you!

4489DAEB00000578-4908632-image-m-54_1506045476403.jpg

I don't remember this - did I somehow fall asleep and miss it? Somehow I remember seeing him on a horse in a promo but don't remember him from night 1 ...
so far he's been like wallpaper anyway ...

4489DAEB00000578-4908632-image-m-54_1506045476403.jpg

I don't remember this - did I somehow fall asleep and miss it? Somehow I remember seeing him on a horse in a promo but don't remember him from night 1 ...
so far he's been like wallpaper anyway ...
just checked and no we didnt see this ... we saw him ride up, introduce himself then next thing we're suffering through hearing THAT song .. the neverending song ...

Brett, Harty, Jefferson, Undies in the face guy ... all rushed through ... but we had to hear the whole song ...

thanks for that production team ... Yooooouuuuuuuu and Mmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sophie is doing the Living Room...she should ask Dr Chris for a date:)
Totally had the same thought. I think they'd probably make a good pair actually, neither take themselves all that seriously and they both love animals.

That's interesting that Apollo Jake's Mum runs 'Horses Helping Humans'. Those sort of programs have proved to work really well with young people. Her program seems overly corporate, but good on her for doing it. Makes me like Apollo more to be honest (plus the photo with the little white pony is adorable!).

...I'm loving Sophie more and more each day I tells ya!... from this website below... on the link is a nice video where she's making fun of herself yet again too lol!... cheers.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...n/news-story/6acd136bbda93091115bc15c3fa693a8

Bachelorette Sophie Monk and her love-life history take new direction

Best Weekend
September 23, 2017 12:00am
Subscriber only
SOPHIE Monk wants to put the record straight. She might glide through The Bachelorette mansion in designer ball gowns, her platinum blonde locks pinned into glamorous updos, but if anyone thinks that’s how she always gets around, tell ’em they’re dreamin’.

“I’m so not that — you should see me in the mornings!” laughs Monk, revealing a candour that is instantly endearing.

“I wake up most days and I haven’t even washed my make-up off. I’ve got one (fake) eyelash on the pillow and one on my face. I’m such a bogan,” she tells BW Magazine.

2f33d3b7df34c0f14e4c7965da1e643d

This Maid Marion appears to have servants.
Indeed, despite close to 20 years in the spotlight as a popstar, TV presenter and model Monk is disarmingly down-to-earth.

She also confesses to having little romantic game.

“I had to learn how to flirt,” she says. “The production company had to organise a workshop for me because I was just giving off all the wrong vibes. Janine, one of the producers, came over one night and taught me how to touch someone’s arm and look them in the eye.”

However, even with her new-found flirting skills under her belt, the outrageous shooting requirements of The Bachelorette still left the usually mouthy Monk lost for words.

One such instance was the steamy Adam and Eve photo shoot which saw Monk and cocky entrepreneur Blake stripped nude and given modesty leaves to cover their genitalia.

“I’ve never been properly in love. This is the first time since high school.”

“It’s not often that I go quiet, but that shoot was the hottest thing ever. It was very easy to just get lost in the moment,” Monk reveals.

Monk became a household name in 1999 with the Channel 7 reality TV show Popstars.

Long before shows such as Australian Idol, The Voice and The X Factor were an established part of our TV vocab, the talent quest format of Popstars became a phenomenal success.

Her girl group Bardot, a product of the show, reached number one with their first single Poison. However, the group — which included Belinda Chapple, Sally Polihronas, Katie Underwood and Tiffany Wood — never repeated that chart-topping success and eventually disbanded.

faa517cdd3ea4f2fde3cf8c74a558836

Watch out — Cupid’s (Cupids?) about on The Bachelorette set.
But Monk remained in the spotlight. She launched a solo singing career, and made her acting debut in 2004 as Marilyn Monroe in the tele-movie The Mystery of Natalie Wood.

In 2005, she relocated to LA to pursue the bright lights of Hollywood and began collecting a dance card of Hollywood’s most eligible bachelors.

The Bachelorette has dated actor Jason Statham and been engaged to Good Charlotte muso Benji Madden and French businessman Jimmy Esebag.

She has romanced Kevin Connolly from Entourage and Australian actor Sam Worthington — just before his pairing with his now wife Lara Bingle. Most recently, she was linked to ex-NRL player Eric Grothe Jr, who she admitted to dating “on and off” for a couple of years.

“It feels like you’ve been dating for six months.”

But none truly won her heart — at least, not in retrospect.

“I’ve never been properly in love. This is the first time since high school,” Monk says, confirming she has fallen head-over-heels for her suitor.

“In the past I’ve been in relationships and it’s felt like we’re in competition. And I would think: ‘What are we doing? It doesn’t even feel like we’re friends.’

“There was always jealousy, especially with my job. (For example) if they come on set and I’m doing a role where I have to pretend to be in love with someone.

“Or I’m doing a photo shoot in a bikini — and I get it, I wouldn’t want my girlfriend doing that if I was a guy.”

This time, though, there’s no red carpets or flashy VIP parties. She’s dating a regular Aussie guy. And it’s working.

“It feels different. It feels like I’ve got a friend and someone who will support me,” Monk says.

“Whatever they do (on The Bachelorette), it works.

“It’s such an intense environment. There’s no phones, and you’re just so focused on these people — it’s quite bizarre. It feels like you’ve been dating for six months (when it might have been only a few of weeks) … I thought I’d get to know someone and then I might fall in love with them later, but it was like, no, I love him already.”

85fb1b636840286b9170405ecc6978ca

Maccas run? Sophie Monk gets the low-down in Date Movie.
aea6cb212f9d6f8e481b830b374b25f4

Monk in a bold PETA poster.
After moving back from the US in 2014, Monk has no plans to return. In April, 2016, she purchased a $1.1 million mansion on the Gold Coast, where she now lives with her parents Andrew and Sandi, relishing the physical closeness with her family after years living overseas.

She also intends to start her own family but refutes claims in women’s magazines she is planning to have a baby within the year. Instead, she wants to spend time getting to know her new man.

Although nearing the end of her baby-making years, Monk long ago accepted her path would be different to the other women in her family.

6b5887ed7bb18101edb7cb96409a4320

Arriving at a bar for a Tinder promotion. Picture: Attila Szilvasi
904113d182483d15166e6972684ac61d

Monk joins Joel and Benji Madden after a Good Charlotte gig.
“I used to think I wanted to be like my mum and sister — my sister’s had three children, Mum’s had four … but I realised that’s not my lifestyle.

“I’ll never be a housewife. I’ve always wanted to be independent,” she says.

She confesses to having several TV projects in the works for after The Bachelorette but declines to reveal specifics until contracts are signed. And she says a return to singing may be on the cards, as country singer Kasey Chambers has written a few tracks for her.

bb4b9e0746852b5c909d203b8bc13948

Monk in her Bardot days in April 2000.
Monk’s career has had its ups and downs but she’s always remained on the radar. Sure, she may not reach the heights of Meryl Streep or Adele but she’s unlikely to disappear anytime soon, particularly as The Bachelorette heads into full flight this month.

Perhaps the secret to Monk’s stardom can be put down to her self-deprecating sense of humour. When asked to explain the longevity of a career that has spanned music, TV and radio, Monk isn’t one bit the diva.

“Well, I knew I had to go into the arts because I failed every year at school, including Year 10 — and I repeated that!” she exclaims.

“I don’t really have any special skills or talents. But I can play two recorders through my nose, in harmony, so that’s pretty good.”

Her girl group Bardot, a product of the show, reached number one with their first single Poison. However, the group — which included Belinda Chapple, Sally Polihronas, Katie Underwood and Tiffany Wood — never repeated that chart-topping success and eventually disbanded

Whatever happened to the rest of them...?

All caught up on the first two episodes!

Ryan is vile... and he probably thinks he's seductive with all his tongue movements, yuck. I was going to compare him to a lizard, but I actually think lizards can often be quite cute, while he's just disgusting!

Blake has an arrogant attitude, and I don't think he's even very good-looking, not my cup of tea anyway.

Sam - seemed fun in the first episode, went downhill very quickly in the second.

Apollo seems very nice, but he's so young!

Jourdan is rather weird but at least he's not a bad guy. I actually thought he looked quite dashing in the Bonnie and Clyde shoot. I liked how Sophie said goodbye to him, she seems very warm and caring, maternal even.

Jarrod - he was so great in the first single date, but so clingy/possessive afterwards and also inconsiderate of the other guys in the house. I won't completely write him off yet, only because he was so sweet in the date, but I'll be keeping a critical eye on him in upcoming episodes.

James is adorable, I found his shyness/nervousness in the first episode endearing, then in the second episode his personality shone and I loved that he skillfully defused the uncomfortable situation created by inappropriate lecherous Sam, and he also took a gentler, kinder approach than the others when trying to reason with Jarrod out of being too crazy intense... he comes across as having very high EQ. Also how gorgeous is he in this more youthful clean-shaven pic from about 5 years ago! Like HELLO.

James_Headshot_400x400.jpg

Ryan is vile... and he probably thinks he's seductive with all his tongue movements, yuck. I was going to compare him to a lizard, but I actually think lizards can often be quite cute, while he's just disgusting!
James_Headshot_400x400.jpg

...there have been quite a few people comment about psychopath Ryan's 'seductive' tongue movements Lyf... is he suggesting to Sophie about his ability to 'pleasure' her in amazing ways with running his tongue along his teeth perhaps?... I am male but if I was Sophie or any OTHER woman that would make me dump him like the turd he is... he is such a vile person... cheers.

turdhole-1.gif turdhole-2.gif

There's a reptilian vibe about him. Except that lizards are cute, as Lyf said,
But I wouldn't be surprised if he peeled off his human mask like a Visitor in V, or a Slitheen in Doctor Who.

...hahaha!... as funny as Meglos!... lol!... cheers.

...and... that scene where Jourdan was crying seemed so 'badly rehearsed' to me... I believe that when Sophie asked if anyone had been cheated on that he saw his chance to play the 'sympathy card' to show Sophie on how 'sensitive' that he was but he'd forgotten what his rehearsed reason was that he had prepared before he even came onto the show and was making up the story inbetween sobs... that's why he took so long to get the story out I believe... I think that Sophie's expression in the second panel tells it all... lol!... cheers.

JOURDAN THE VIRGIN CRY BABY.jpg

...before now I have called Ryan a 'psychopath'... I believe that he has the potential to bully women in general from the way he spoke to Sophie when he first walked onto the show plus when he basically kidnapped her from the rest of the guys in the house... he tried to assert his 'authority' over her from what I picked up anyway... also... his best mate is the son of a suspected crime figure too... is this a future scenario for him I wonder?... cheers.

RYAN GBH....jpg

...a little article on the upcoming episode where Sophie's parents go undercover... on this website below... cheers.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...s/news-story/d96df2b6d6725bd31ef26b2b046c302a

The Bachelorette: Sophie Monk’s sister and parents go undercover to get up close and personal with suitors

ALISON STEPHENSON, The Sunday Telegraph
September 24, 2017 12:00am
SOPHIE Monk’s sister Lucy has revealed she almost talked her older sibling out of signing up to be the Bachelorette.

The 34-year-old mum-of-three told Confidential she didn’t want to see her sister suffer any more criticism in an industry which has already been so hard on her.

“She’s put herself in the position where people are going to say ‘she’s doing the show solely for publicity or money’ and then if she doesn't find someone people are going to say ‘see, she’s done it for the wrong reasons’,” Lucy said.

“That was hard to think that everyone wouldn’t be talking nicely about her and she’s gone through so much. I didn’t want her putting herself in the position where she’d have to go through that, that was really, really hard.”

e366787e5d34b8aaf1d5b41bcaa74bc4

Sophie Monk’s younger sister Lucy donned a dark wig to go undercover to grill her sister’s suitors. Picture: Channel 10
Fortunately Lucy didn’t succeed in convincing the 37-year-old not to do the show, with Monk revealing she is head over heels with her chosen bloke and the show’s ratings cementing her as the most watched Bachelor or Bachelorette ever.

Lucy and her parents, Andrew and Sandi, go undercover in Wednesday night’s episode of the show, donning wigs and disguises to get up close and personal with their loved one’s suitors.

6b39e874e92a086fa0fb1d740f658f20

The whole family will feature on Wednesday night’s episode as her parents Sandi and Dad Andre go undercover as hire car drivers. Picture: Channel 10
“It was awesome to have the opportunity to do that. If she’s got a boyfriend it’s usually quite secretive for the first bit, we won’t meet them or speak to them so it was good to get a head start and have a chat and see what we think of them,” Lucy said.

“We were pretty honest about how we felt about each of the people we spoke to.

“The worst thing was Dad is hopeless with names so his feedback was a bit useless anyway.”

Back