Skip to main content

Survivor Season 34

What purpose would it serve Hali to vote for someone other than Malcolm? Whatever, Malcolm isn't even that great anyway so I find this whole ordeal hilarious more than anything else.

Hali would be better off trying to form an alliance of her own with someone, anyone, rather than just doing whatever Culpepper and Tai tell her to do, as they will discard her as soon as they need to.

Hali would be better off trying to form an alliance of her own with someone, anyone, rather than just doing whatever Culpepper and Tai tell her to do, as they will discard her as soon as they need to.

They're still separate tribes. The layout of the twist and the Tribal Council, with the camps deliberating separately and still being two separate tribes literally gives nobody any incentive to flip. Hali votes for someone from her tribe then all she accomplishes is ostracizing herself even further, kinda like JT just did come to think of it! Just because you love Malcolm doesn't mean Hali made the wrong move lol.

and Malcolm... I just don't get the appeal. I really don't. I mean, I guess I do on the basis of him being a conventionally attractive golden boy, but he's played Survivor three times now and what has he done? His confessionals are well-spoken but not particularly engaging, he's not much of a notable threat physically or strategically, he's just wallpaper with more exposure than most.

They're still separate tribes. The layout of the twist and the Tribal Council, with the camps deliberating separately and still being two separate tribes literally gives nobody any incentive to flip. Hali votes for someone from her tribe then all she accomplishes is ostracizing herself even further, kinda like JT just did come to think of it! Just because you love Malcolm doesn't mean Hali made the wrong move lol.
Reading the transcript of Malcolm's interview confirms why I felt Hali would have been better off flipping. Malcolm actually states that there was a decision not to vote Hali out, as he saw the possiblility of aligning with her later in the game. He said that Hali was a lot more on the outer with her tribe than anyone knew.

I do agree that it would have been dangerous for her to flip on her tribe with such small numbers, but she's doomed if she sticks with them anyway.

My reaction:

GqlvCdIpC_c0BTlxuCVEll3xOMfu9l-zs5TJEODVIf4.png

Fuck JT, Fuck Brad Culpepper, Fuck Tai for getting that stupid idol.

Tai annoyed me the previous season he was in, as a player he isn't good. Culpepper I don't remember having much of an opinion before but I don't like him now.

I'll certainly be celebrating when Sandra finally goes, I refuse to believe she'll last to the end.

I love Tai. He is tiny and annoying and shit at playing this game, but I am glad to see him there with his little confessions. I wish he'd saved his idol for himself or Debbie later on and not told them about it. Hope a remix of tribes is on the cards - I hate it when one dumb tribe gets whittled down like this, over and over.

I will not be happy until Sandra goes - and it's starting to look like that will be a long long time.

Tai for me fits into one of the Survivor roles that has developed over the years. That's an ethnic Asian guy who is very practical around camp, is much stronger than they look in challenges, but they nearly always get outplayed and the problem is they are too trusting. Most of them have been rather naive.

Last edited:
Sandra is so arrogant "I'm the Queen" I control the game" These people are idiots they should get her out now.Tai is arrogant too because
he thinks he is a good player,his only appeal last time was his bond with that chicken.

I liked Malcolm basically saying thats what Sandra does, and it's white noise. I don't think Tai is arrogant, I think he gets out of his depth with the gameplay. I also don't think JT is a backstabber, he's way too trusting, and really thought that they'd vote Sandra. This is why this show just keeps on giving. Just can't predict what's going to go down.

I liked Malcolm basically saying thats what Sandra does, and it's white noise. I don't think Tai is arrogant, I think he gets out of his depth with the gameplay. I also don't think JT is a backstabber, he's way too trusting, and really thought that they'd vote Sandra. This is why this show just keeps on giving. Just can't predict what's going to go down.

Yeah, I was so confused with where they were going with all the chatter, I wouldn't be surprised if JT was confused as well. The last comment written on the screen was talking about Sandra being the one to go. Maybe he really didn't know what was going on.

Yeah, I was so confused with where they were going with all the chatter, I wouldn't be surprised if JT was confused as well. The last comment written on the screen was talking about Sandra being the one to go. Maybe he really didn't know what was going on.
I think, initially, JT told Culpepper they were going for Sierra. Culpepper knowing there was an idol in play is probably the one who switched from Sandra to Malcolm, he's all about taking out those who threaten him physically (can't see the bigger picture). Why the others voted out someone who's never won over a 2 time winner (and it's a classic explanation of why/how she did win) is anyones guess.

Sorry for the stupid question. Is this on free to air and if so when is it broadcasted?

Was that what Hali's "I do not consent" was about? That she had agreed to vote Sandra out, but was forced to go for Malcolm at the last minute?

Was that what Hali's "I do not consent" was about? That she had agreed to vote Sandra out, but was forced to go for Malcolm at the last minute?
Very possibly, we won't know until she's out and asked. But from what we were shown, she wasn't ready to vote.

Back