Skip to main content

Survivor Season 34

JT got rid of himself by putting trust in Brad, the edit just wants to hype up Sandra. Big targets going at this stage shouldn't help Sandra. She's the last repeat winner there now if I remember right. No way are Michaela and Varner much of a stable alliance for her either.
Partly, but JT has trust in everyone. LOL Apparently he hid his idol away from camp (because he knew or thought the others would go through bags) and didn't get a chance to retrieve it.

I liked Mikaela first time around, not so much this time. Seems like she's heading for the "my shit don't stink" title.

As to Debbie, she's not in on the joke, she is the joke. She's a classic revisionist (they even repeated her saying she could do the balancing in that reward challenge that she lost for them after she said Culpepper ordered her to, even though she was better than Hali, in her own mind) She also stated in her confessional that she doesn't get mad, she exercises, they showed that after she blew her top epically. Did she force them to bring her back, and this is the payback? (would love it if it was!) :biggrin:

Ding Dong!

I like the new Exile Island, shame about who went there, others would have been preferable.

Tai's definately not suited to this game (unless that's his gameplan, then okay then. o_O)

Oh, that was fantastic!

I love that Debbie got the boat, and Cochran, and fed and rested up. Plus she's now on a tribe away from Culpepper, Sierra, and Hali. And she's got a paper friend.

Was shouting, No, Tai, you idiot, at the tellie, thinking he was going home with two idols in his pocket, and then Sandra went! My god. Best episode! What a beautiful turn-around from last week (and all the other weeks Sandra didn't go).

I also really liked Cochran's genial assessment of Debbie as being a bit of a know-it-all, and that moment when she broke down and wept on his shirt. People are so mean about Debbie, but that crack-up didn't come out of nowhere. As she said to Cochrane, as she wept, 'You have no idea how hard the last two weeks have been.'

Also really good to see some Zeke on my screen. Finally, the season is looking up!

I was worried there, not that either Tai or Sandra would go, but when Ozzie's name was thrown up!!
I too thought Tai was a goner, and with two idols, so it was most satisfying that Sandra got voted out for the first time ever. Bye Felicia!

Debbie on exile island (or boat) is not such a bad thing, and at least now she's on a tribe with decent human beings, though whether she can get along with them remains to be seen. Mice to see Cochrane again, though I thought the twist would be that he was a late returning player.

"Mice", lol.

I see a lot of love for Culpepper in the comments I've seen on facebook. Only a handful of players seem to be talked about, and it was all Sandra and Culpepper. I don't see the appeal at all, I hope he and Sierra follow Sandra off the island as soon as possible

I won't add any Survivor pages on facebook, because you know they'll be posting spoilers as soon as the episodes air. It's a shame, because I really want to read about it, so I'll have to remember to have a look on the day after each elimination.

Happy with the result. It felt like Sandra was getting a big edit because she was going soon enough, the editors were getting what they could from her before she left. Never had much doubt she was leaving here, even the edit up to the immunity challenge seemed to suggest her tribe would lose with all the focus on it, maybe it was bit too obvious.

The tribal was very strange. It was like it was a set up to make Sandra feel safer. But in reality I suppose it was Tai overplaying because he has two idols, and yet he didn't bother playing one. At least Varner will have had that false hope wiped off his face when Sandra went.

The Tai idol finds were shown close together, but at least not directly in relation to their use at tribal for a change. I'm surprised his tribe members don't keep more of an eye on him though and just let him wander off to find them.

The 'coaching' twist has been used on Big Brother and I always find it annoying. It seems more a way to hype up the guest than anything else (and I'm not anti-Cochran). I'd rather focus on those actually competing than have outside interference. Plus it was purely random who was picked anyway.

Last edited:
Plus it was purely random who was picked anyway.
True, which is why I think it was unfortunate Debbie went. Someone like Zeke, or Michaela might have been more interested in what Cochran had to say, and revealing to us more of where they think they stand with people. Debbie wasn't interested in asking about the game, strategy or anything. That whole exile thing might have been more interesting.

God love Debbie - "I've met Presidents and Prime Ministers....". Loved that Exile Island and she was perfect for it. She sure is entertaining, however you interpret that.

Agree with others sentiments about Tai. I was thinking he was either incredibly stupid or incredibly smart - but now I think maybe it's neither and maybe it's something else

Bugger. Sandra is great TV, hilariously crusty and a really good player. This season is starting to run like BB Canada, where the twists are determining the results. And my favourites are going home. Malcomb went home because of the 2tribe tribal. And bloody JT. Sandra went home because of the swap.

I think I miss something others see in Tai. I really don't like him. He is terrible at this game, except a finding idols. Wish he'd left. Like Keith Make, I just don't get the appeal.

Shame Ozzy didn't get sent to exile. That could have been wonderfully awkward, with Cochran, a winner now, meeting Ozzy.

Bugger. Sandra is great TV, hilariously crusty and a really good player. This season is starting to run like BB Canada, where the twists are determining the results. And my favourites are going home. Malcomb went home because of the 2tribe tribal. And bloody JT. Sandra went home because of the swap.

I think I miss something others see in Tai. I really don't like him. He is terrible at this game, except a finding idols. Wish he'd left. Like Keith Make, I just don't get the appeal.

Shame Ozzy didn't get sent to exile. That could have been wonderfully awkward, with Cochran, a winner now, meeting Ozzy.

I don't get Tai's appeal either ,he annoys the crap out of me

Yeah, not a Tai fan. I liked him in his first season, but he's all over the place now, starting with his betrayal of his best mate onwards.

Yeah, not a Tai fan. I liked him in his first season, but he's all over the place now, starting with his betrayal of his best mate onwards.

Tai is impulsive. He chops and changes. He works to convince everyone he is on their "side". It's a social game - as a viewer he annoys me, but I can see why other contestants see him the way they do. He's a good actor

I wish Ozzy had been exiled instead. It would've been hilarious to see Cochran either be really smug for winning when Ozzy still hasn't; or see Ozzy have all these amazing luxuries ruined by the arrival of Cochran.

Back