Skip to main content

Survivor Season 34

@Meglos

I'm pretty sure this was made pretty clear if you've watched the season closely?

Brad is tight with both Tai and Sierra. Tai's initial desire was to have the pecking order be Hali, then Debbie, then Caleb. In her original season, Sierra wasn't a huge immunity threat, but she placed solidly in many individual challenges - she's a tall, athletic woman - definitely worth keeping for tribe strength over someone like Hali or Debbie.

Meanwhile, Brad was concerned about the Kaoh Rong three potentially teaming up later on down the track, and in a game of numbers, he wouldn't want that - no matter how close he is to Tai, who himself mentioned how he got caught in positions where he could hurt friends either way in the last game he played.

Honestly, the pecking order on that tribe seemed to be Brad - Sierra - Tai - Debbie - Hali/Caleb; but Brad made clear why Debbie wasn't ever considered - she's loyal.

So it ultimately came down to Hali or Caleb. Brad masked his concern of a Kaoh Rong 3 from Tai by labeling Caleb as a potential threat. There was also Caleb's issue that he didn't have many connections left in the game, outside Malcolm. This would've prevented Tai from really running with him, because there's no need to stay loyal to someone on the wrong side of the numbers in the grand scheme of the game; so I guess Tai cut his losses there. Meanwhile, Hali and Sierra distancing themselves from each other worked as they weren't seen as a power couple that needed to be split up. And then at Tribal Caleb shot himself in the foot by playing up all his strengths, only to have Hali turn them against him by showing why that would make him dangerous down the track.

Why is Brad the boss cocky?! BRAD CULPEPPER, ffs!

Meanwhile, Hali and Sierra distancing themselves from each other worked as they weren't seen as a power couple that needed to be split up.

Incidentally, Caleb on an EW interview said that what wasn't shown at that tribal was, among other things, that he brought up Hali and Sierra being close enough to get matching tattoos...

Sandra is a vile nasty-natured foul-tempered little pygmy of a person. I never understood why anyone let her get to final tribal twice. She's dull and overly pleased with herself. And no-one is that hungry yet. Vile.

The dullness has always been my main problem, she's just without any charisma. Sure she'll get some supporting her just because she's a winner and some bandwagoners over there will back her on that alone, but that doesn't change the personality.

And within the game although she says people will take her to the end as she wouldn't be handed the win I also think people may not trust her enough to take her that far.

Loving this season. Only person I really don't like is Sierra because I found her to be extremely bland and annoying in her first season and she was not worthy of a returnee spot. I guess you could say the same about Caleb and Hali as well, and to be honest I'd prefer to see them go over pretty much everyone else for similar reasons(Caleb obviously went out last night:thumbsup:).

I'm looking forward to seeing how this season plays out though. Such a weird mix having genuine legends like Tony, Sandra, Ozzy, Cirie, JT and Malcolm on the season and then nobodies like Sierra, Hali, Caleb, Sarah and even guys like Troyzan/Culpepper.

I am actually enjoying Culpepper and Troyzan though. They can make for entertaining TV and they are both playing quite well.

On the flip side, she gathered enough respect from the others in PI and HvV to win both times, and pretty much everyone in the Survivor community loves her. People love her because she's brutally honest and tells it like it is in a hilarious way, and that gets her more than enough social currency in a game like this. Even, Caleb, who went into this season somehow claiming that he's more of a Game Changer than Sandra and she doesn't deserve to be here so she needs to go ASAP (literally only because his pregame strategy consisted of letting Russell Hantz of all people brainwash him, which is fucking rich when you recall how he somehow claimed in last night's episode that Hali is easier to manipulate than he is), and now after the show he's singing Sandra's praises and saying that she's an amazing woman who is nothing but nice and he was completely wrong and fucked up by letting someone influence him before the show.

Sandra whinges a lot about being hungry, how long have you been there? (and seriously? Leave the kid motherless?) I'd forgotten that about Sandra. She won twice because she convinces people she's not a threat. Doubt she's going to sell that claim this time.

Culpepper was stupid, you're at the stage you keep the team strong, he thinks too far ahead to alliances. Thing is, you have to make it that far before that thinking becomes relevent.

The funny thing with Caleb was Jeff basically admitting at tribal (I paraphrase) 'We never got the chance to see you gameplay first time around so nobody knows what your game is'. In other words this 'gamechanger' has never actually shown any game.

The funny thing with Caleb was Jeff basically admitting at tribal (I paraphrase) 'We never got the chance to see you gameplay first time around so nobody knows what your game is'. In other words this 'gamechanger' has never actually shown any game.
Can say the same about a few of them, Debbie, Michaela, the two Seirra's, etc.
They wanted Caleb back in the show, so have no right to say he shouldn't have been there.

Can't be easy casting seasons like this. People can't always just take a couple of months out of their lives even with a shot at $1m at stake. Work or family commitments etc. I wonder if they asked Richard Hatch back (and I'm thinking not), given he was a game changer in S1 by being the only person who realised the way to play the game hinged on making alliances.

Why is Brad the boss cocky?! BRAD CULPEPPER, ffs!

Incidentally, Caleb on an EW interview said that what wasn't shown at that tribal was, among other things, that he brought up Hali and Sierra being close enough to get matching tattoos...

The "Dirty 30" tattoos was something the entire cast of Worlds Apart got. That cast, along with One World, are two of the casts that had the most contact with each other post-show. That's not to say Hali and Sierra were super close - definitely not to the closeness that Tai and Caleb had. But they ran in the same circles.

Damn it, I forgot this was coming and have missed it all, catch up if I can....sounds pretty good so far:)

Culpepper is playing well - convincing Tai to vote against his own interests, and if they lose again, they can still just vote out Hali, unless the girls unite. On that tribe, I really didn't care who went home. I hope they implode. There are more valuable people on both the other tribes.

Culpepper is playing well - convincing Tai to vote against his own interests, and if they lose again, they can still just vote out Hali, unless the girls unite. On that tribe, I really didn't care who went home. I hope they implode. There are more valuable people on both the other tribes.

I feel the same about that tribe, even Tai now. I prefer players who stay loyal to their allies rather than flip-flopping all over the place.
Hali could possibly become someone to back if she manages to survive and team up with the right people in the other tribes, but I don't think I will ever like Culpepper or Sierra.

I don't think he is. Has a "forest for the trees" outlook.

Not putting spoilers as it's aired here now...

Oh BALLS!

I've never seen a tribal like that in my life. I still can't get my head around who is with who, but I believe that JT told Culpepper they were voting Sierra out, allowing them to counter that with Tai's idol, and stab Malcolm through the heart. JT has always been untrustworthy, and I hope it comes back to bite him hard.

With my favourite gone, it's up to the remaining good guys to rally together, JT, Culpepper, Tai, Sandra and Sierra have to go.
Ozzy, Jeff and Mikaila need to stay. There's hope for quiet players like Andrea, Sarah and Aubry to step up.
I think I'm done with Hali if she voted Malcolm out.

What purpose would it serve Hali to vote for someone other than Malcolm? Whatever, Malcolm isn't even that great anyway so I find this whole ordeal hilarious more than anything else.

Back