Skip to main content

Doctor Who

...yes that's fair enough Meglos... but... but... but you don't understand... it 's not the same as my new recently bought Telephone case now!!!!!... mine has the white plaque!... it's a travesty I tells ya!!!!... oh the inhumanity of it all!!!!!...lol!... cheers.

dsc01309-jpg.53613

The kids will see it and think “Look at that old fart with his white-plaqued Tardis phone case!”

the thing i like about doctor who is that it isn't as science fictiony as a star trek or something like that.

...I agree reepbot... Doctor Who is in a unique category of it's own... it transgresses across so many genres that it cannot be classified as anything else but 'Whovian'... hence it's uniqueness... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...I agree reepbot... Doctor Who is in a unique category of it's own... it transgresses across so many genres that it cannot be classified as anything else but 'Whovian'... hence it's uniqueness... cheers.

the twilight zone is like that as well. Rod Serling wanted to do an anthology series with a message but the only way he could do that without getting too censored was to do it as a sci-fi series. but like doctor who it is more than that. it's a show, like doctor who, about our humanity.

...aw man!... that guys list was pathetic with the countdown in the shows... he put so many shit shows in front of so many great shows but at least he had the sensibility to put Doctor Who at #1!... lol!... cheers.

Yes, at least the right show was rightfully at number one.
Torchwood and Blake's 7 were too low, but I suspect it was an American list, I prefer British sci fi.
Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy and Sarah Jane Adventures would have been in my list for sure.

OMG....preview, and you can see it at cinemas

And Jodie will need to change those flappy trousers, but the rest is good for action, boots, braces
Give her some jeans and some hot leather trousers

..."well... you're an Officer from World War One at the South Pole being pursued by an Alien through frozen time..." says The Doctor flippantly...
..."World War One?"... asks the Officer...
..."judging by the uniform... yes!!!!"... replies The Doctor...
..."yes but... what do you mean?... One?"... replies the Officer...
..."oh sorry... spoilers"... replies The Doctor...

...oh bloody wow!... that is some great writing there... The Doctor just makes a flippant remark and opens up the whole future for the Officer... if that is a sample of the writing for the future of our beloved Doctor Who episodes then we're in for a great ride methinks!... those few lines show the small repercussions from Time travellers flippant remarks... "with great power comes great responsiblities"as they say... I am so looking forward to the new series!... cheers.

..."well... you're an Officer from World War One at the South Pole being pursued by an Alien through frozen time..." says The Doctor flippantly...
..."World War One?"... asks the Officer...
..."judging by the uniform... yes!!!!"... replies The Doctor...
..."yes but... what do you mean?... One?"... replies the Officer...
..."oh sorry... spoilers"... replies The Doctor...

...oh bloody wow!... that is some great writing there... The Doctor just makes a flippant remark and opens up the whole future for the Officer... if that is a sample of the writing for the future of our beloved Doctor Who episodes then we're in for a great ride methinks!... those few lines show the small repercussions from Time travellers flippant remarks... "with great power comes great responsiblities"as they say... I am so looking forward to the new series!... cheers.

Didn't they refer to World War One as the Great War back then? I remember listening to a podcast about that war a couple of years ago. The fighting was extremely intense during that first month of fighting apparently.

And plus the lead up to the war was quite interesting too. In regards to all the deals being made between countries and the buildup of Naval fleets and what have you.

REPEATS - FROM 1ST EPISODE 2005
3.20pm & 8.05pm every week day
Our lovely ABC does this every year, start the repeats from first NuWho. Rose, with Eccelston

I’m not a fan, but thought that some of you might like this. The woman who runs our local community Facebook page is a major fan.
PETER Capaldi will leave Doctor Who after the Christmas Special next month (Twice Upon A Time) in a swirl of black jackets and timey-wimeyness but the show’s loss is the Gold Coast’s gain.

Now free from the grueling Who filming schedule, the man who has played the Doctor since 2013, has been announced for the Supanova Comic Con & Gaming pop culture event to be held at the Gold Coast convention Centre 28-29 April.

Capaldi, a life-long Whovian, had appeared in the tenth Doctor’s The Fire’s Of Pompeii back in 2008 and as John Frobisher in the show’s spinoff Torchwood in 2009 before his was unveiled as the twelfth doctor.

After three series as the popular Timelord, Capaldi announced he would leave earlier this year, making way for Jody Whittaker, the first woman to fill the role in the show’s 54-year history.

Already a well-known British actor before his stint on Who, the Glasgow-born actor starred in the 80s cult movie Local Hero before becoming best-known as iconic spin-doctor Malcolm Tucker in The Thick Of It and In The Loop. And this Christmas is also reprising his role as Paddington Bear’s neighbour Mr Curry in the second Paddington movie.

Beyond that Capaldi is also an acclaimed director known for his short film, Franz Kafka’s It’s a Wonderful Life, for which he won two awards, the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film, and the BAFTA for Best Short Film.
Capaldi, the second oldest actor to ever play the doctor will turn 60 just before his Supanova appearances in Melbourne (21-22 April) and the Gold Coast (28-29 April).
Supanova Comic Con & Gaming began in Sydney in 2002 as a completely home-grown Australian production showcasing sci-fi, fantasy, comic books, anime, manga, games, cosplay and much more.
The brainchild of Founder and Event Director, Daniel Zachariou, Supanova is now held in six cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and the Gold Coast), and is Australia’s leading and largest event of its kind with close to 200,000 fans expected to attend the Supanova events in 2018.
CAPALDI SUPANOVA DATES:
Melbourne: April 21-22, 2018 | Melbourne Showgrounds
Gold Coast: April 28-29, 2018 | Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre

Back