Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Film maker Oliver Stone warns Australia of US nuclear threat after Vladimir Putin interviews

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...s/news-story/cba5bc92d7620f0a01ee4b2ab24ab0ef

The “Putin Interviews” airs on consecutive Sundays June 18 and 25 at 8.30pm on SBS.

That's the most terrifying thing about the current political climate with Trump, the nuclear threat. The official Doomsday Clock moved 30 seconds closer to midnight in January:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-...ticks-closest-to-midnight-in-64-years/8216458

Reactions: kxk
We really need some alternative politics....non sexist party badly needed

CANBERRA -- The federal Senate has voted down a proposal to remove the GST from female sanitary products, a tax which does not apply to condoms or lubricant.

The Liberals and Labor just voted down a Greens amendment to axe the tampon tax. What a bloody disgrace.
DCpnxNCVYAELe1V.jpg

We should just bleed allover the bastards, I know plenty of women cannot afford tampons every month, imagine how humiliating to have to beg for tampons.
I have been disgusted by this issue for decades

We should just bleed allover the bastards, I know plenty of women cannot afford tampons every month, imagine how humiliating to have to beg for tampons.
I have been disgusted by this issue for decades

I have been dirt poor and I have never had to "beg" for a tampon. That's the problem with people like you, you take insignificant issues and try to make them the BIG ISSUES using language like "bleed all over them" to bring drama.

If you really do know "plenty" of women who can't afford tampons each month (which I very much doubt is true), you might want to try and help them with their budgets, because when it comes to life expenses, the cost of tampons rates low. A pack of 40 tampons costs $4.

Farmers join fight against Adani coalmine over environmental concerns
More than 2,000 farmers and agriculture leaders express concern proposed Carmichael coalmine could affect groundwater, biodiversity and climate change

A group of Australian farmers have joined the large coalition of groups fighting against Adani’s giant Carmichael coalmine, after they became concerned about the affects the mine would have on groundwater, biodiversity, rural communities and climate change.

Farmers for Climate Action – a group of more than 2,000 farmers and agriculture leaders concerned about climate change – became the newest group to join the Stop Adani alliance last week, at the same time as one of its members attracted more than 30,000 signatures to a petition calling on the Queensland premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk, to rescind her commitment to give Adani unlimited free access to groundwater used by farmers in the region.

Longreach farmer Angus Emmott launched the petition last week; a few days later he had an accident on his farm and had to be airlifted to hospital. When he checked on the number of signatures on Wednesday, he was shocked to see there were nearly 30,000.

“It’s too big a danger for the future,” Emmott said. “We need clean water. We need good soil. We need food security. And we have the potential to be a leader in renewable energy in Queensland. We don’t need to be reviving an outdated technology.”

In April, Palaszczuk announced the Queensland government had granted the mine a free unlimited 60-year water licence. The licence acknowledges this will “have an impact on the underground water levels in the region of the mine” both during and after the planned Carmichael coalmine’s years of operation.

guardian.com.au

Oh please help us God: please please please remove that vile Trump man.

Have you read his latest puerile tweets? He is really a vile, vile man. Even worse than I thought. Which is saying something!

Reactions: kxk
Makes ya skin crawl doesn't he....(is that the right saying? kind of weird skin crawling, never thought about it before, never typed it before).
I imagine him in person would make me vom, I think of him as smelling really badly of putrid BO, or bad cheese, and his skin is slimy pudgy erk, with a few scales here and there.

Hey @Mooseface, why do you live in Germany if you don't mind me asking. And is it expensive, how does it feel?
And....Nick is going to have live there for a bit, his fans are more in Europe....Germany loves him

Donald Trump is a hero. A kind man who just wants to do good for his country.
How do you rationalise his treatment of females as pieces of meat to paw at and ogle and treat as inferior in intellect and capability as kind?

Do you view women the same way Donald does? Do you think he is right?

How do you rationalise his treatment of females as pieces of meat to paw at and ogle and treat as inferior in intellect and capability as kind?

Do you view women the same way Donald does? Do you think he is right?

I don't agree with everything he says.

And no I don't view women like Donald does. How could I?

Back