Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

and that's why i will never like or respect you.
hehe that is a funny reason.

At this time in my life I choose not to stress myself over things like who wants to play silly buggers on this forum when they are bored, as there are many other more important things in my life to focus upon right now.

Your choice not to like or respect me for not not caring who this is does not alter my opinion of you. I have found you an enjoyable person to converse with when you actually converse. For the most part I have respected you, except when you seemed to not be being true to yourself. but I thought we had got past that.

hehe that is a funny reason.

At this time in my life I choose not to stress myself over things like who wants to play silly buggers on this forum when they are bored, as there are many other more important things in my life to focus upon right now.

Your choice not to like or respect me for not not caring who this is does not alter my opinion of you. I have found you an enjoyable person to converse with when you actually converse. For the most part I have respected you, except when you seemed to not be being true to yourself. but I thought we had got past that.

i am always true to myself. and this forum is the most important thing in the world. nothing is more important than this forum.

i am always true to myself. and this forum is the most important thing in the world. nothing is more important than this forum.
written on a thread about world politics hehehe you are a funny boy.

Reactions: kxk
written on a thread about world politics hehehe you are a funny boy.

Bah. Who cares about world politics? It is nothing. We live. We post on forums. We die. Life has no meaning. Love doesn't exist. Hatred seeps through our souls.

Bah. Who cares about world politics? It is nothing. We live. We post on forums. We die. Life has no meaning. Love doesn't exist. Hatred seeps through our souls.
hate cannot exist unless love does too - Newtons third law :)

What fun hey, world politics, fun night

See ya May she will be dumped now........wow that party has no clue about Brit people, stupid brexit vote shambles, and this election.

Corbyn has done very well, hung parliament is looming, tee hee

Oh and stupid Saudi's at that soccer match...so glad we wooped their disgusting arses:)

must have been kicked off reddit and ok cupid

still on okcupid, and reddit is nothing compared to this forum.

we should forensically analyze the posts of Mrs Fuckface. Looking for certain words, phrases, uses of grammar, context, and a thousand other things then compare it to the database of users on this forum to find the perfect match.

but it will be witty.

Love the Brits humour...

Lord Buckethead (1), Howling Laud from The Monster Raving Loony Party (2) and Elmo (3). On the left, someone known as Theresa May. #GE2017

DB2JhhbXYAAFJOS.jpg

Ver imagem no Twitter
DB2K4rVUwAAQ3Z-.jpg:small

Seguir
drschweitzer @drschweitzer

Ok, wait, Theresa May seems to be running with the Black Knight, Boss Hogg, and Elmo. AMERICANS WE DO ELECTIONS ALL WRONG.

For the record, you can read all about the people on stage here. The ones you might be most interested in are:

• Lord Buckethead (Independent), who describes himself as an "intergalactic space lord".
  • Bobby "Elmo" Smith (Independent), who is a 35-year-old heavy goods driver.
  • Howling Laud Hope (The Monster Raving Loony Party), who said "I'm not standing against Theresa May, she's standing against me".
Ver imagem no Twitter
DB2JhhbXYAAFJOS.jpg:small

Seguir
Lady Grinning Soul @EwigKam

Lord Buckethead (1), Howling Laud from The Monster Raving Loony Party (2) and Elmo (3). On the left, someone known as Theresa May. #GE2017

Capitalism has a limited life span...it is simply unsustainable.....and we need to start inventing new ways for a crowded fucked up planet

UK election: Explaining Jeremy Corbyn's shock performance for British Labour
ANALYSIS
By Nick Rowley
Updated about an hour ago

PHOTO: Jeremy Corbyn's brand of leftist populism is seen as authentic. (AP: Yui Mok/PA)
RELATED STORY: Live: Hung parliament for UK as Theresa May's gamble backfires
RELATED STORY: May 'intends' to stay despite hung parliament
RELATED STORY: What victory and defeat will look like in the battle for Number 10
MAP: United KingdomThursday's British general election he is the one political figure who stands taller.

Jeremy Corbyn is the most unlikely of modern political leaders. His suits don't fit. He rides a bicycle. And in his spare time he enjoys growing vegetables in his North London allotment.

Since becoming an MP in 1983, he has gone from a young left wing firebrand railing against Margaret Thatcher, to an older man with a grey beard symbolising the "Old Left".

Not even his own Labour members of Parliament, the people who observe him on daily basis, like or trust him.

But in the aftermath of Thursday's British general election he is the one political figure who stands taller.
The Conservative Party, the Liberal Democrats and the Scottish National Party are all weakened. The Labour Party is stronger.

Mr Corbyn has taken the Labour proportion of the national vote to 40 per cent. That is higher than Tony Blair achieved in 2005.

Mr Corbyn's shock performance demonstrates his particular brand of leftist populism is seen as more authentic than the robotic sound bites ("strong and stable leadership"; "Brexit is Brexit") repeated by Theresa May.

He may not be slick, but people clearly see him as genuine.

How can this incongruous result be explained?

Media player: "Space" to play, "M" to mute, "left" and "right" to seek.

VIDEO: 'Go now' Jeremy Corbyn tells British PM May. (Photo: Reuters: Stefan Wermuth) (ABC News)

'The politics of the lectern'
Firstly, Ms May chose to run a Presidential campaign and justified the need for an election solely on her needing a mandate from the people.

She did this offering "strong and stable" leadership, yet the very act of going against her word not to call an election raised questions about her consistency.

People didn't really know her, yet they knew Mr Corbyn well enough (with all of his foibles). So, when the Conservatives focussed on attacking Mr Corbyn, they weren't telling the electorate anything it didn't already know.

Secondly, Mr Corbyn is more than a seasoned campaigner. His whole approach is one of the constant political campaign.

His is not the politics of trying to convince in private or build alliances amongst those less than convinced. His is the politics of the lectern, of the rally, speaking to his supporters about the matters he cares about most.

He doesn't need his lines written by campaign "gurus"; he's been delivering the same lines for the past 30 years.

Supporting the National Health Service; raising taxes on the rich; against the banks, or the media or whoever else he sees as the enemy of "the many": that ill-defined group of people that all populists claim to give voice to.

Corbyn's appeal to young people
And thirdly, he appears to have genuinely galvanised the young. For anyone under 40, the history of the failings of the post-war consensus before Thatcher mean nothing.

PHOTO: Jeremy Corbyn appears to have galvanised the young. (Reuters: Neil Hall)

The current privatised rail services seem bad, and no-one can remember what they were like when they were nationalised, so for many younger people, bringing them back into state ownership seems a fine idea.

Mr Corbyn's politics seems purposeful. Unlike Ms May, he seems genuinely comfortable in his own political skin.

Throughout the campaign he appears to have enjoyed himself, and in his apparently inoffensive, grandfatherly way, he has come across as more trustworthy.

The cabaret of British politics will continue for a good while yet.

Much as it is unclear who might be greeting Donald Trump in Downing Street later this year, it is certain who the leader of the British Labour will be.

An ascendant and emboldened Jeremy Corbyn.

Nick Rowley is a strategic policy consultant who worked as an advisor to Britain's former prime minister Tony Blair.

Back