Skip to main content

Channel 7 considering live Big Brother for 2024 season

Well Ch 7 have Chris Brown now, since he was poached from ten. Why nor him and a sidekick? He is basically made for tv and was a great loss for ten. Johnson would be better off fan based “extra” content on recapping episode of the week. like in the Xtras bin. No way he is Prime Time presenter quality.

There have been enough BB housemates that one of them should be hosting by now - at least they can speaking from a place of experience. Even if it was one of the new channel 7 group. Maybe someone like Johnson from last year who is a big BB fan?
Surely you're joking. Sara Marie from Season 1 would be good .

Well Ch 7 have Chris Brown now, since he was poached from ten. Why nor him and a sidekick? He is basically made for tv and was a great loss for ten. Johnson would be better off fan based “extra” content on recapping episode of the week. like in the Xtras bin. No way he is Prime Time presenter quality.
Yeah I think Chris would fit in well with BB

I hope to God they'd stay true to their words. Everyone wants a live show, a show that is not pre-filmed from months ago. It will definitely be a success. Also, a show that has ordinary looking, average people like nerds, plain janes, average Joes, creeps, crazies and as well as controversial nuts to stir shit up. This show right is all bunch of vapid clones with good teeth and toned bodies. Yawn...

After seeing what the ratings are so far after just two episodes this year, I'd say its more likely the show ends (again) than the format switches.

They would have to spend quite a bit of money on promotion if the format were to change just to try to get people that have given up on the current format to possibly want to tune in again. But I think after the last four seasons (+ VIP) Seven have completely burnt that bridge and people aren't going to suddenly return to the show in droves to make it worth their while. There will still be mistrust that it will get fucked somehow. Also, there is still the lingering effect of what happened to the show on Nine that will have soured some people on the original format as well.

It doesn't have the chance of replicating whats been seen in the UK because the show (in name) hasn't been rested for five years like UK. Also they didn't completely fuck with the show to make it on a shoestring budget and try and turn it into something completely different.

Big Brother in Australia is dead.

After seeing what the ratings are so far after just two episodes this year, I'd say its more likely the show ends (again) than the format switches.

They would have to spend quite a bit of money on promotion if the format were to change just to try to get people that have given up on the current format to possibly want to tune in again. But I think after the last four seasons (+ VIP) Seven have completely burnt that bridge and people aren't going to suddenly return to the show in droves to make it worth their while. There will still be mistrust that it will get fucked somehow. Also, there is still the lingering effect of what happened to the show on Nine that will have soured some people on the original format as well.

It doesn't have the chance of replicating whats been seen in the UK because the show (in name) hasn't been rested for five years like UK. Also they didn't completely fuck with the show to make it on a shoestring budget and try and turn it into something completely different.

Big Brother in Australia is dead.

Totally agree. Seven can't turn this around. Everyone is sick of their shit and nobody trusts them to change that even if it was live. A 2-3 year break and return to 10 would be its best shot.

And they are not going to risk going live being the solution. It's one thing rescheduling a pre-recorded series, a whole bigger headache having to deal with a live series flopping after 2 days.
Especially if one of the hosts decides to quit for a few weeks hahaha.

BBAU is officially dead in the water now.

Sadly I knew this was going to happen as soon as 7 picked the show up. They screw all their shows up eventually and are so out of touch with what the viewing public really wants

I don't understand why the can't go back to the channel 10 format, that was so much better than anything that's been done since. Surely they know that.

Big Brother is a prickly show for risk averse tv networks with dwindling budgets.

Even back in 2011, Channel ten chief programmer David Mott stated that he "was exploring the possibility of bringing Big Brother back, but was concerned that once loyal fans may have 'moved on'".

I think one big factor now which is perhaps helping the UK revival is many of the big fans of the noughties incarnation now have teenagers of their own - so if they get it right for the parents they can hook the kids into watching too.

Back