Skip to main content

Channel 7 considering live Big Brother for 2024 season

Article from TV Tonight:
“Seven exec says fans wanting a ‘Live’ Big Brother have a valid point and the idea is under consideration.”

Sounds great and all but is it too late for redemption?

They’d have to go heavy on the marketing with it going back to basics.

Thoughts?

If they did, I think it would be a success for them. Literally everyone in the comments on social media is asking for it to go back to being live and to the original channel 10 format

C7 have burnt their bridges with the BB fanbase. Even if they went live with a half decent season it's too little, too late. For BBAU to have any future it has to be any from Seven.

C7 have burnt their bridges with the BB fanbase. Even if they went live with a half decent season it's too little, too late. For BBAU to have any future it has to be any from Seven.
I think that going live would remove a lot of the gripes that the fanbase have, and force BB to follow the HM’s own narratives rather than the producer run narrative.

They would need to switch up production somewhat though in my opinion, to a crew that is wanting to study humans in a house rather than a crew trying to generate content through pre written narratives. I think the current crew have been sucking their own cocks for too many seasons now.

Depends what they consider ”live”. Requires a lot more headcount unless it’s just online streaming.

Meanwhile our national airline Qantas loves to say they are "seriously considering" new routes, only to never launch them.

Heres hoping that channel seven is not playing the same "seriously considering" publicity stunt.

If they did, I think it would be a success for them. Literally everyone in the comments on social media is asking for it to go back to being live and to the original channel 10 format

To be fair the engagement I have seen has been super low on the socials. So much so I am literally spotting posters from here on twitter. *cough* Timmy.

So it might just be us fans and not many of us left.

To be fair the engagement I have seen has been super low on the socials. So much so I am literally spotting posters from here on twitter. *cough* Timmy.

True, personally I hope it flops and channel 10 picks it back up somewhere down the line and restores some of its glory back. Channel 10 just had their worst year in terms of ratings since ratings began so they literally have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Can't blame me for calling them out for their bullshit show.

True, personally I hope it flops and channel 10 picks it back up somewhere down the line and restores some of its glory back. Channel 10 just had their worst year in terms of ratings since ratings began so they literally have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
If channel 10 did a massive publicity drive about bringing it back to its basic format and targeted that nostalgia feeling I think the launch would gain plenty of viewers. From there it’d depend on the quality of the show if they were to retain the viewers but I definitely think channel 10 could drum up interest in a revived format like no other channel at this stage.

I have doubts this will even eventuate to anything. But I am very much hoping to be proven wrong. If it’s live then most of the stupidity from the format can be somewhat forgiven I guess.

Interesting. I have been watching channel 10 shows much more than any other channel. I really thought they were the best again since they were bought by Paramount.

They should do the old 2000's era Channel 10 'press the yellow/blue button ads' with the 'seriously'

or something like this with Gretel lol. 'Seriously...live'

like those ads with the secret and the impostor and the birds and the bees promo etc used to get me so hyped for BBAU haha

Back