Skip to main content

Channel 7 considering live Big Brother for 2024 season

For the host, does it need to be a TV personality? What about a former housemate? For example, Tim Dorner or someone else of note. Heck, they could even throw it open to a vote from us "fans". Or, if they're looking for a former housemate with a bit more media experience, someone like Chrissie Swan would fit that requirement nicely.

In fact, I actually think Chrissie Swan would do a pretty good job of it.

Last edited:
For the host, does it need to be a TV personality? What about a former housemate? For example, Tim Dorner or someone else of note. Heck, they could even throw it open to a vote from us "fans". Or, if they're looking for a former housemate with a bit more media experience, someone like Chrissie Swan would fit that requirement nicely.

This is channel 7 we’re talking about here. Of course Logie winning Sonia is more than capable of doing it live lol

This is channel 7 we’re talking about here. Of course Logie winning Sonia is more than capable of doing it live lol

We'd moved on to a "If 10 gets it back" scenario, wrt who could host it.

I suspect Tim would make a terrible presenter. I know Chrissie has a career behind her now so would come in as a presenter rather than ex-housemate.

Sonia is fine... when she is unshackled from the autocue, and actually allowed to think on her feet.

Sonia is fine... when she is unshackled from the autocue, and actually allowed to think on her feet.
Not sure what show you’ve been watching but the only reason Sonia has been a half decent presenter in this era is because she’s almost entirely scripted.

A lot of people did not like Gretel either, and towards the end she did not like hosting Big Brother too.

The difference is though nobody liked Sonia from day one, though I do think she is a better fit to the Seven format than she was on Nine. She's best when she doesn't have to interact with the general public.

There have been enough BB housemates that one of them should be hosting by now - at least they can speaking from a place of experience. Even if it was one of the new channel 7 group. Maybe someone like Johnson from last year who is a big BB fan?

There have been enough BB housemates that one of them should be hosting by now - at least they can speaking from a place of experience. Even if it was one of the new channel 7 group. Maybe someone like Johnson from last year who is a big BB fan?
He was annoying enough as it is from the little we saw of him on the show, can you imagine how annoying it would be having him as the face of the show?

He was annoying enough as it is from the little we saw of him on the show, can you imagine how annoying it would be having him as the face of the show?
I think I had blocked out how annoying he was. I was just desperately trying to give someone/something from the new era the benefit of the doubt.

Back