Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2023 - Episode 5 Discussion

What did you think of the BB Express Train gag last week?

• Good

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Mixed

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the move to a later slot that's actually not a bad retention from the 183,000 they had on Thursday. It should perhaps settle around the 150k mark now, though inevitably the later episode of the double on Wednesday will bring it down further.

Louis or Louie?
Its one of those alternate phonetically ambiguous ones that confuses a lot of people.

Louis (Blondie) is pronounced 'Louie', but sometimes can be said as it looks (Lou-iss, or Lewis).
Lewis is the other one (did the tennis thing with Graciemae), usually always pronounced Lewis.

The "Total TV" number for Monday last week came in at 620,000, I probably should mention. Compared to 328,000 for Love Island, although it was BB's launch.
Let's see how the rest of the total TV numbers are for last week.
Surely under 500k.

I thought Annelise was a reasonable person to put up for eviction. She was up just a day or so before in the house nominations, and got herself out of that by pushing that big button, leading to the house wandering around in swimsuits for an extended period of time, and then their clothes/bags of charity shop clothes being dumped in chlorine (Minee's "It's silk, you can't put silk in water!" was the line of the season so far). The fact she got 8 votes sounds like it wasn't an unpopular decision, even if it came for Luke from a place of hurt pride, but I really was hoping they'd vote out Josh.
Yeah.
If Luke had a brain he should have used her selfishness to justify the nomination, and downplayed the hurt pride thing.

Shot down & humiliated, really?
He propositioned her, and she declined, in a perfectly civil and non-bitchy way.
To his face, and without talking about him to anyone else.
Was she supposed to agree to go out with him just to spare his ego?
That would be more insulting.
Reverse the situation. Let's say that one of the girls put herself out there, told one of the guys that she was interested and wanted to go on a date. How do you think the public would have reacted if the guy had rejected her?

I feel like I'm in high school. I can see this getting pulled. Yawn.
I was trying to think of how to put it, and you're right, it is all very high school.
It's hard to watch at mid-day. This need a wine in hand to dull the brain!

Reverse the situation. Let's say that one of the girls put herself out there, told one of the guys that she was interested and wanted to go on a date. How do you think the public would have reacted if the guy had rejected her?
If he had declined her offer as politely and without bitchiness as Annelise did, it would be an equal amount of non-issue.

Saying no to something is ok, even on a tv show like this.

No means no. It does not mean anyone of any gender has any right to get butt hurt because someone does not want to pursue getting to know you better in that way.

I do think what is most telling about what a flop this show is now is that the episode happens and then chat here, and indeed on socials, just largely grinds to a halt once it goes off air.

This is the major problem with the pre-recorded format. The engagement is only when it is on air. Even in the flawed Nine days. You could still see live feeds and updates to keep you engaged and looking forward to seeing it on the show.

I actually think Luke did the right thing, I mean, if you'd put yourself out there only to be shot down and humiliated, would you want to live with that person?

It's not humiliating though. Rejection is just part of life. He was short-sighted, immature and just reacting badly. You're in the Big Brother House, if you genuinely have an interest in someone and a connection. You would still value that for your time in the house. Even if not romantic. So he can't have been all that genuine with his interest in her. She's very attractive and she seems like a genuinely nice person. If he can't get anything romantic from her, she has no use to him. Which means he isn't genuine or sincere in his interest. Which makes his reaction to her rejection all the worse.

I think a side of it could partly be too thinking back on it (at least in the way its been edited) Graciemae brings up Annelise's name straightway for some other reasons as the first on the noms radar when they're deciding with BB.

And Luke dosen't put up a fight against it to veto it, which he regrets later when he realises how it makes him look having just been turned down and friendzoned as if its an immediate and total reaction to it having literally just happened.

Even Graciemae has a moment straight after when she doubts they've put up the best combination of people if only that Annalise would be another girl going, so lets try and flip it on one of the boys.

For all Annalise knows Luke could have been shittalking her for the rejection as part of his and Graciemaes reasons in the diary room and wouldnt say it to her face, and I'm not sure it couldve even been played off as putting her up as a safe vote, I don't know how aware she is of what her standing/popularity in the house might be at this point. It's kinda a fuzzy one that skews perceptions based on how it's gone down and what it looks like.

There's also the fact that with this version of the show. We never really know what has gone down.

One thing is clear, for the woman to survive in this version. They have to bag themselves a man. Which is pretty gross.

One good thing about BBAU 2023: Finally! the HMs are voting to get others out!

One bad thing about BBAU 2023: Dion! He's loud and very obnoxious... he's trying to be funny loud, but he's stupid loud! Get Him Out! :)

One good thing about BBAU 2023: Finally! the HMs are voting to get others out!

One bad thing about BBAU 2023: Dion! He's loud and very obnoxious... he's trying to be funny loud, but he's stupid loud! Get Him Out! :)
What do you mean? They have always voted each other out since it moved to 7

I think a side of it could partly be too thinking back on it (at least in the way its been edited) Graciemae brings up Annelise's name straightway for some other reasons as the first on the noms radar when they're deciding with BB.

And Luke dosen't put up a fight against it to veto it, which he regrets later when he realises how it makes him look having just been turned down and friendzoned as if its an immediate and total reaction to it having literally just happened.

Even Graciemae has a moment straight after when she doubts they've put up the best combination of people if only that Annalise would be another girl going, so lets try and flip it on one of the boys.

For all Annalise knows Luke could have been shittalking her for the rejection as part of his and Graciemaes reasons in the diary room and wouldnt say it to her face, and I'm not sure it couldve even been played off as putting her up as a safe vote, I don't know how aware she is of what her standing/popularity in the house might be at this point. It's kinda a fuzzy one that skews perceptions based on how it's gone down and what it looks like.
I agree that this is likely the case. I don't think Annelise rejecting Luke actually played a part in him agreeing with Graciemae to nominate her. I think he didn't even realise that she would think about how it would look until it was pointed out to him later on.

I feel Annelise was just annoying the other housemates in general all the way back to the first episode when she was constantly whinging on the train. Then she saved herself and forced everyone to give up their clothes which probably pissed people off as well. There is a reason she was evicted with such a large number of votes, she was just disliked in general by the majority of the housemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back