Skip to main content

Masterchef Australia 2015

It does seem that the budget is pretty tight this year. The Sunday ad looked like a Growing Pains/Family Ties all snowed in 'remember when' rehash special. Use your Alfa Romeos. Drive somewhere! Even cooking what you catch from Port Phillip Bay would be entertaining, particularly WRT time management.

If Amy is a witch she's a nice witch. Maybe it's because she has the gift of invisibility.

Glad she's gone, I picked her to go out of those six, though I was worried for Jessie for a moment.

YUM!!! I love balsamic anything. ;)

Did I read somewhere that coriander is like brussel sprouts? There is a gene that makes it taste vomity to some people (or bitter in the case of brussel sprouts).

lol I had a feeling. To me they both taste off. Just as well we're not all wired the same I guess!

Reactions: Jam
Lol Amy wasn't a witch.

She seemed really nice... in the 13.5 seconds we saw of her the whole series!

I'm glad Jessie stayed though.

Which dish would you guys like to eat most?

I was salivating over Billie's I have to say. Matthew's looked nice but I abhor eggplant and Georgia's had tarragon in it which is kind of up there with coriander in my list of most vomitous herbs lol.

I can't stand egg plant either, Insomniac but Tarragon is my favourite herb. Can't stand Coriander either...it almost makes me dry retch for some reason. :)

Catching up now on this previous weeks episodes and...

giphy.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Bye bye Rose, I'll miss you....

And time to move on, Billie for the Win! :)

Early prediction: I think it'll be between Matthew and Jessica in the bottom tomorrow. Hopefully Jessica can go home and get a better hairstyle lol.

I kinda feel sorry for Matthew - he's a dead man walking. I feel the judges are extra harsh on him because he doesn't cry at the drop of a hat. I actually think he has improved more than any other contestant. If I had one criticism, it would be his lack of crying, because George et. al. love that shit

I kinda feel sorry for Matthew - he's a dead man walking. I feel the judges are extra harsh on him because he doesn't cry at the drop of a hat. I actually think he has improved more than any other contestant. If I had one criticism, it would be his lack of crying, because George et. al. love that shit

...he's a dentist... he's used to pain...he will never cry!;)... cheers.

...the size of Matthew's plate/bowl/dish for the little contents in the middle?... fair dinkum!... really?... cheers.

...the size of Matthew's plate/bowl/dish for the little contents in the middle?... fair dinkum!... really?... cheers.
I also have reservations about Reynold's dessert, where you are forced to dig into the plate. It's like begging.

As a seasoned Ice Magic expert, the best bits are well above the plate. I don't even know why they tease people with a curved spoon when the dish is a flat smear.

The key to surviving these challenges is clearly to appeal to the gluttony of the judges. 3 desserts are the best 3 dishes, obviously, because the judges love nothing more than dipping their snouts in a puddle of chocolate soil like a pig snuffling truffles.

A few weeks ago my granny got a phone call about when Jessica finished with Masterchef. So I know what she places.

I thought it would've been better if everyone got a mystery box that they didn't do well on the first time. That'd be a better demonstration of how far they've come.

And to be honest they'd probably prefer a winner with a different demographic.

...sorry to sound like Mr Grumpypants but seriously... that dessert is just a total wank as far as I'm concerned I'm afraid to say!... I would never order something like that in any restaurant just because the 'petals open magically'... just imagine how much it would cost to buy?... obviously this is a challenge in technique... I understand that but this is becoming like those ridiculous fashion parades on the catwalk with models wearing barbed-wire dresses with sausages hanging off them!... these dishes are just getting way out of hand in my opinion... but the question has to be asked... who could be arsed to make it in the first place?... all credit to them for pulling it off but make 100 of them for a wedding function and have them all work perfectly first go to really impress me!... alright... I'll shut up now... nothing to see here... move on... move on!... **Sticky takes another sip of his Angostura Trinidad and Tobago Caribbean Aged 5 Years Rum**... cheers.

Back