Skip to main content

"Big Brother: House of Love" confirmed for late 2023

Big Brother fans have been criticizing Big Brother since the beginning of time.

Check out this Big Brother reform post, over on a whirlpool thread about the then possible axing of the show, from 2007:

the show needs a major revamp:

My ten point plan for Big Brother:

Number 1:
Get rid of Gretel, she has killed the show for the last 5 years, its time to go Gretel.

Mike should host the show as he will not be as biased towards certain housemates.

Number 2:
Get rid of Bree and the other dufus and while they are at it get rid of Friday Night Games and repalce it with a weekely 1 hour highlights show.

No matter what 10 put on during the 7:30pm time slot its gonna get belted in the ratings by NRL on Nine and AFL on Seven. So might as well make that 1 hour time slot a highlights show for the kids that watch that can't watch during the pushed back 9:30pm weekday show.

Number 3:
Kris Nobel must go also.

Number 4:
Forget about 7:00pm time slot, push it back to a 9:30pm time slot per weeknight.

Number 5:
No twists, no intruders no other false BS type HYPE shows, just the original housemates fighting it out to win.

Number 6:
Each housemate must be over 25 years of age to a max 50 eyars of age, have a good spread of age groups.

Number 7:
Uplate after Midnight and incorporate into Uplate show Uncut.

Number 8:
The prize money should be limited back to $250,000 and also there is only 1 prize and that is for the winner, everyone else gets nothing but there 15 minutes of fame of being on national TV - that way all the wanna be idiots that go there who think they will become starts wont bother going on BB and you get a better group of selected people.

Number 9:
Move the show to Sydney and push the starting date to June and run the show for exactly 14 weeks ( June, July and August the winter months)

Number 10:
14 housemates:

1 eviction per week including the 1st week.

That way you get an even ballance of 7 guys and 7 girls.

Well they were doing alright with their first three points. As bad as Kyle was in BB08 Gretel was very much phoning it in for her last couple of years.

Don't agree with the under 25 thing. You don't want the whole cast to be that young but a lot of memorable housemates were under 25 in the channel 10 days (not that it matters under this format/editing style of course. You could have a cast of 60-90s year olds who have done amazing things and they'd still edit them down to "is it x or y tonight and who is the safe vote?" for half the episode.)

Guessing there has been no sign of any promotion from Seven yet - if they're squeezing it in before the end of the ratings season you'd expect the promos to be starting around about now - although if it does follow SAS Australia they may wait till that premieres.

Yeah, should see the first promo drop in the next two weeks at the latest. If it's still going to air.

Will be over a year old at this point. I remember going to the very sad launch night which happened 31st October last year
I'm old enough to remember when filming the launch night the day before broadcast was considered a problem.
I guess it shows just how little people care about the show
Absolutely. Only rumour we've heard is nothing particularly interesting happened.

I guess it shows just how little people care about the show anymore...
Nobody cares anymore because the show 7 keeps pedalling is not Big Brother in the eyes of the Australian viewer. It’s a house with mirrors and a text to speech voice. 7 have absolutely ruined their chances with Big Brother and it would be better for everyone involved if HoL was shelved and never to be seen by the public. Nobody cares about the upcoming(?) 15th season apart from exclusively gayspie.

The entire revival has been a mess, the show doesn’t know who it is, what audience they’re targeting, and how to market to the audience they are targeting. If they retained the original format and shortened the runtime to 6-8 weeks like ITV have then it would have actually offered a point of difference in a market that is swamped with reality tv shot months in advance and fine tuned in an edit suite in order to ragebait their audience at any turn.

Love Island Australia and I’m a Celeb are the only 24hr turnaround programmes that still air, I’m a Celeb still attracts a pretty decent audience because it’s the only show left on Australian TV that the audience can truly control and influence (I.e. nominating contestants for challenges, voting to evict, etc). 7 could have had a truly interactive experience for their audience that they could have hosted through their BVOD platform, they could have driven traffic to 7+ if there was a live feed and if you could vote through the 7+ app, and they completely cooked it for themselves and ruined any hype invested in the reboot back in 2020.

Who in their right mind would apply for BBAU when MAFS, The Block or even Love Island to a degree guarantees a ROI for their contestants following the show airing. What incentive exists for people to apply and for people to even watch and follow the Australian franchise anymore?

Rant over - fuck endemol shine australia and channel 7.

Nobody cares anymore because the show 7 keeps pedalling is not Big Brother in the eyes of the Australian viewer. It’s a house with mirrors and a text to speech voice. 7 have absolutely ruined their chances with Big Brother and it would be better for everyone involved if HoL was shelved and never to be seen by the public. Nobody cares about the upcoming(?) 15th season apart from exclusively gayspie.

The entire revival has been a mess, the show doesn’t know who it is, what audience they’re targeting, and how to market to the audience they are targeting. If they retained the original format and shortened the runtime to 6-8 weeks like ITV have then it would have actually offered a point of difference in a market that is swamped with reality tv shot months in advance and fine tuned in an edit suite in order to ragebait their audience at any turn.

Love Island Australia and I’m a Celeb are the only 24hr turnaround programmes that still air, I’m a Celeb still attracts a pretty decent audience because it’s the only show left on Australian TV that the audience can truly control and influence (I.e. nominating contestants for challenges, voting to evict, etc). 7 could have had a truly interactive experience for their audience that they could have hosted through their BVOD platform, they could have driven traffic to 7+ if there was a live feed and if you could vote through the 7+ app, and they completely cooked it for themselves and ruined any hype invested in the reboot back in 2020.

Who in their right mind would apply for BBAU when MAFS, The Block or even Love Island to a degree guarantees a ROI for their contestants following the show airing. What incentive exists for people to apply and for people to even watch and follow the Australian franchise anymore?

Rant over - fuck endemol shine australia and channel 7.

Love Island Australia is also now filmed months in advance and has been for the past 2 seasons. The upcoming season started filming in August and will air in October, there is now barely any public interaction same with BB. The reason given by producers for this was so that the season would air during late spring/early summer in the Southern Hemisphere, but be filmed in Spain when the weather was still warm.

Instead they get Love Island 'Superfans' to apply, these people then get to watch the show as it films so they can vote on certain things throughout the season. 3 different endings are then filmed and the producers play the right one based on how the general public votes in the final.

Last edited:
Apparantley during BB08, when Kyle kept calling in sick with a chest infection, and Mike had to temp replace him, hundreds of fans on this message board asked for Mike to perm replace him.
Hundreds is pushing it. Dozens would be pushing it. A few perhaps, but that was in comparison to Kyle. There were plenty who thought he was an awful presenter too.

Back