Skip to main content

"Big Brother: House of Love" confirmed for late 2023

So BBSPY released these ahead of the premiere and they’re giving major BBAU circa 2003/2004 vibes. IMO something along these lines would be perfect for a relaunched series on 10. My only change would be using “Always Watching” and even use a call back to the “Do you ever feel like you’re being watched?” advert.

IMG_1564.jpegIMG_1565.jpegIMG_1566.jpegIMG_1567.jpegIMG_1568.jpegIMG_1569.jpeg

I think the world has changed so much since 2003 that even if they tried to make it like it was back then, it would be tough to replicate. Some of the early season highlights and low lights of 2003 came from Belinda and Carlo and both of them would not have behaved that way had they entered the house in 2022 (Belinda might not have even been cast TBH) because SM backlash is a thing and after the season opportunities are so much prominent. Ben was one of the most interesting assholes they've ever cast on Australian reality TV, but these days they would go for a much less interesting and low rent IG wannabe version of him. I guess the "Reggie' archetype is still in play, as is the Jo archetype, but even both of those slapped in an authetic way that's harder to find these days, the world has had 20 years of seeing them on reality tv so it's just less interesting.

But despite what I just said, obviously going back to the old format and casting 'real' people again would help the show.

I thought this was meant to start tonight - October 8th?
Has the date changed, or did I misread that somewhere?

Yes. Judges on it's own standards the first couple of series did OK but BBVIP just killed the momentum. Nobody wanted it, nobody asked for it and nobody watched it.
I was excited for BBVIP but the idea of the new people mixed with the vip people ruined it. That season could have been really good.

It looks so bad. The channel 7 variant of BB is so so far removed from what it once was and it’s so disappointing.
I also enjoyed the Strat Chat, when the housemates either a) made awesome moves that i too would have made, or b) made awful moves that i would never have made.

Renewing the show for 2024 and brining back Uncut seems like 7 trying to put the final nails in this coffin. It almost makes me think there has in fact been some interest from other networks wanting to capitalize on the success ITV have been having with BBUK.

Renewing the show for 2024 and brining back Uncut seems like 7 trying to put the final nails in this coffin. It almost makes me think there has in fact been some interest from other networks wanting to capitalize on the success ITV have been having with BBUK.

My thoughts exactly. 10 probably came sniffing, so 7 decided to just fuck it one last time to ensure it never comes back.

Yes. Judges on it's own standards the first couple of series did OK but BBVIP just killed the momentum. Nobody wanted it, nobody asked for it and nobody watched it.

I actually still never watched that. I guess that does speak to something. While I can still be looking forward to watching House of Love because of this board. I couldn't muster the interest to watch that. Then after it aired, what even would be the point with out posting on here and reading comments.

I actually still never watched that. I guess that does speak to something. While I can still be looking forward to watching House of Love because of this board. I couldn't muster the interest to watch that. Then after it aired, what even would be the point with out posting on here and reading comments.

Same, only season of BB I haven't watched

Bloody hell. Just saw the ads for the new BB season....

House full of Love Island Influencer rejects.

Pass.

Bloody hell. Just saw the ads for the new BB season....

House full of Love Island Influencer rejects.

Pass.

Ya. Nothing changes. Should we or do we expect anything different from this current, broken, pre-recorded version of BBAU?

Back