Skip to main content

"Youse aren't defining happiness correct..."

So true. They would all gang up and tell him to shut it. He'd spend the rest of the night apologising to this bunch of bullies.

I think Travis has a very blinkered view of life. He doesn't think outside the square, believes the world revolves around him, and sadly, is an asshat to boot.
Oh, just came in my mind, could it be the blatant editing?

Maybe the girls unfairly told him to shut up and they eagerly wanted to have their say (the scene could've been gone for long), but BB decided to cut all that bit right until to the part where he says "it's my turn, let me finish"? I mean, who knows...

As much as I'm biased towards Travis I'm open to that scenario...:watching:

Maybe. But I honestly feel he says things simply to be controversial or attention seeking. You know, the whole, "if you say black, I'll say white", thing.
Not ruling it out as an impossibility but we definitely have not seen anything of the like so far.

I prefer someone who is willing to go against the grain and speak his opinion, rather than someone who's unwilling to get in any type of debate.

Although I don't completely agree with his statement regarding money, happiness and love, how is it arrogant or even wrong to state his opinion that they aren't defining happiness in the correct term?

I mean, this is if you're not being biased douches, exemplifying the negative trait you are crucifying someone for.

I believe the point people are trying to make (though I don't know why this needs to be spelt out) is: who is he to define the universal (or the house's) meaning of happiness, and refute other people's definition. You are defending his right to an "opinion" (or rather him forcefully imposing his misguided ideas on others) - he seems to be stripping others of it.

Reactions: koo
Maybe the girls unfairly told him to shut up and they eagerly wanted to have their say (the scene could've been gone for long), but BB decided to cut all that bit right until to the part where he says "it's my turn, let me finish"? I mean, who knows...

I feel like he's said that because the house has told him that he interrupts and talks over people. So it's like a snarky right-back-at-ya type of comment.

I believe the point people are trying to make (though I don't know why this needs to be spelt out) is: who is he to define the universal (or the house's) meaning of happiness, and refute other people's definition. You are defending his right to an "opinion" (or rather him forcefully imposing his misguided ideas on others) - he seems to be stripping others of it.
You're making it sound like he's acting as a fucking dictator.

He's not.

How is saying "I think you've defined happiness wrong" an act of "stripping others of" an opinion?

Seriously, this is so stupid.

Who's he to have an opinion? I could say the same thing about several of you forum members[DOUBLEPOST=1411914410][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't they say "truth is a shade of grey". Meanwhile, Travis is a shade of poo brown. :p

JordanS, your love and devotion for all the housemates I hate gives me wings. :laugh: Are you sure you're not Travis twin brother?

Travis has a twin brother?? I would be so interested in seeing what he looks like too ;)

You're making it sound like he's acting as a fucking dictator.

He's not.

How is saying "I think you've defined happiness wrong" an act of "stripping others of" an opinion?

Seriously, this is so stupid.

Not at all.

If he's allowed to have this opinion, then viewers are entitled to feel that this comment was douchebaggery, by your logic. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, in your opinion, right?

And telling someone they're wrong isn't very respectful of their opinion, hence he is dismissing their right to vocalise their own definitions because it doesn't align with his. Once again, not sure why that needed to be spelt out.

Not at all.

If he's allowed to have this opinion, then viewers are entitled to feel that this comment was douchebaggery, by your logic. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, in your opinion, right?

And telling someone they're wrong isn't very respectful of their opinion, hence he is dismissing their right to vocalise their own definitions because it doesn't align with his. Once again, not sure why that needed to be spelt out.

Kind of like how you are acting right now? Interesting...

Not at all.

Please point out where I have said, people are not entitled to their opinion of his "douchebaggery".

Secondly, telling someone you believe they are wrong, is not disrespectful at all. Disagreeing with someone, because you believe they are wrong, is perfectly fine, if it is communicated respectfully and with maturity. The way he began the conversation was fine.

In fact, ending a sentence with "once again, not sure why that needed to be spelt out" is the perfect example of disagreeing with someones opinion and not being very respectful of their opinion.

I thought he was just expressing his own personal opinion. After all they were all discussing "what is happiness".

Instead of saying "I disagree" he was forcefully saying "youse guyz are all wrong." I think that's what people have the problem with. He wasn't willing to accept that others have a different opinion but expected everybody to agree with his definition of happiness.

Please point out where I have said, people are not entitled to their opinion of his "douchebaggery".

Secondly, telling someone you believe they are wrong, is not disrespectful at all. Disagreeing with someone, because you believe they are wrong, is perfectly fine, if it is communicated respectfully and with maturity. The way he began the conversation was fine.

In fact, ending a sentence with "once again, not sure why that needed to be spelt out" is the perfect example of disagreeing with someones opinion and not being very respectful of their opinion.

That's the crux of it right there.

Much like your approach, it seems. Hence why I didn't feel an obligation to extend the niceties. My response was very much intended. Glass houses.

Instead of saying "I disagree" he was forcefully saying "youse guyz are all wrong." I think that's what people have the problem with. He wasn't willing to accept that others have a different opinion but expected everybody to agree with his definition of happiness.
A lot of conjecture.

Nothing in his approach, apart from the stupid "my time" bit, showed that he was unwilling to listen to opposing opinions.

That's the crux of it right there.

Much like your approach, it seems. Hence why I didn't feel an obligation to extend the niceties. My response was very much intended. Glass houses.
Brings me back to my original point.

People crucify the very actions they display.

Back