Your favourite movie Scenes. Post yours

Discussion in 'Flicks, Tracks and Paperbacks' started by Not a fan of Clara Oswald, Jan 5, 2016.

1. reepbot

reepbot Tina Arena is the greatest singer in history.

they don't make them like they used to.

Alias likes this.
  2. beardymac

beardymac the bearded one

Bill Murray being Wes Anderson's directorial dream

3. oddjob

oddjob Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster

What is this, a freak-out?

Alias likes this.
  4. Alias

Alias Well-Known Member

5. Fuzz

Fuzz Well-Known Member

Alias likes this.
  6. Mr Stickyfingers

Mr Stickyfingers an old fart that rants at times... Awesome site donor

...aw man!... I cannot believe that you put up a 'Metropolis' clip!... seriously... I so love this movie... in fact... I have Gorgio Moroder's musical version as a permanent bookmark on my computer and watch it all the time... I love it... have you ever watched that recoloured version my friend?... here it is if you haven't...

...with all of the music within it I think that it really gives it a great atmosphere and Freddie Mercury's 'Love Kills' during it blows me away... (I really love watching heaps of 1920's and 1930's movies and perhaps early 1940's and go on watching binges when they are on lol!)... and... I so love Queen's 'Radio gaga' video that uses footage from this movie too...

...here is a short video on the making of 'Metropolis if you're interested my friend... it's the first of 6x 10 minute videos on how 'Metropolis' came about to what we see now... they play one after each other if you let them just go to the next video when they finish... it's gobsmacking brilliant stuff for me at last... it's all in German with English subtitles if you can put up with them but as I said... it's fascinating... thanks for posting that clip Fuzz... you made my day!... lol!... cheers.

Alias and Fuzz like this.
  7. Fuzz

Fuzz Well-Known Member

Thanks for those Mr S. Enjoyed muchly.
    I find myself re-watching Metropolis at least once a year every year.
    Not deliberately but for some strange reason something will prompt me for a re-watch.
    Universal and timeless themes no doubt a big factor.

Alias and Mr Stickyfingers like this.
  8. Mr Stickyfingers

Mr Stickyfingers an old fart that rants at times... Awesome site donor

...haha!... yes I know where you're coming from Fuzz my friend...some movies just stay in your head because of unknown reasons to us all lol!... and... just a couple of videos to finish off my self indulgent 'Metropolis-a-thon'... one about how they achieved the special effects in the movie...

...and another about how the movie made people perceive the future as they do... this video is amazing on how many movies that it influenced... anyway... I'll stop posting about one of my obssessions now before people fall asleep reading about it lol!... cheers.

Alias and Fuzz like this.
  9. Meglos

Meglos HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK

@Mr Stickyfingers I adore 'Love Kills' by Freddie Mercury (and Giorgio Moroder), It blends Metropolis and the eighties perfectly (as does 'Radio Ga Ga', I just listen to/watch 'Love Kills' more).