Skip to main content

Your favourite movie Scenes. Post yours

Buster Keaton's The General was released 90 years ago today. It's considered one of the great movies of the silent era. I saw it at a film festival recently and I can see why. It's visually stunning, a great story and very funny. It also contains the most expensive scene of the silent era which had to be filmed in one take, for obvious reasons ...

raw

they don't make them like they used to.

...aw man!... I cannot believe that you put up a 'Metropolis' clip!... seriously... I so love this movie... in fact... I have Gorgio Moroder's musical version as a permanent bookmark on my computer and watch it all the time... I love it... have you ever watched that recoloured version my friend?... here it is if you haven't...

...with all of the music within it I think that it really gives it a great atmosphere and Freddie Mercury's 'Love Kills' during it blows me away... (I really love watching heaps of 1920's and 1930's movies and perhaps early 1940's and go on watching binges when they are on lol!)... and... I so love Queen's 'Radio gaga' video that uses footage from this movie too...

...here is a short video on the making of 'Metropolis if you're interested my friend... it's the first of 6x 10 minute videos on how 'Metropolis' came about to what we see now... they play one after each other if you let them just go to the next video when they finish... it's gobsmacking brilliant stuff for me at last... it's all in German with English subtitles if you can put up with them but as I said... it's fascinating... thanks for posting that clip Fuzz... you made my day!... lol!... cheers.

Thanks for those Mr S. Enjoyed muchly.
I find myself re-watching Metropolis at least once a year every year.
Not deliberately but for some strange reason something will prompt me for a re-watch.
Universal and timeless themes no doubt a big factor.

Thanks for those Mr S. Enjoyed muchly.
I find myself re-watching Metropolis at least once a year every year.
Not deliberately but for some strange reason something will prompt me for a re-watch.
Universal and timeless themes no doubt a big factor.

...haha!... yes I know where you're coming from Fuzz my friend...some movies just stay in your head because of unknown reasons to us all lol!... and... just a couple of videos to finish off my self indulgent 'Metropolis-a-thon'... one about how they achieved the special effects in the movie...

...and another about how the movie made people perceive the future as they do... this video is amazing on how many movies that it influenced... anyway... I'll stop posting about one of my obssessions now before people fall asleep reading about it lol!... cheers.

@Mr Stickyfingers I adore 'Love Kills' by Freddie Mercury (and Giorgio Moroder), It blends Metropolis and the eighties perfectly (as does 'Radio Ga Ga', I just listen to/watch 'Love Kills' more).

I was just talking about the latest Annabelle movie in another thread and it reminded me of this scene from Annabelle Creation. 😨

Back