Skip to main content

XXXI Rio Olympiad

My mate who is turning 40 tomorrow just missed out qualifying for the mens trampolining in the 2000 Olympics.:arghh: He was gutted. I won't remind him of it when I see him tomorrow. :muted:

I am watching the men on the bars on 7two and they are really impressive. So much strength and grace.
Don't mind the men's gymnastics. Missing the commentary of Roy and Hg though. Flat bags, hello boys etc.

They all decided to log on in what would undoubtedly be a peak period. Everyone I know who did it earlier had no issues at all.
My suggestion may be a bit off kilter now, lol. Could be hackers at play in the census debacle. Who knows.
Oh, and another bronze for Australia. Equestrian.

My suggestion may be a bit off kilter now, lol. Could be hackers at play in the census debacle. Who knows.
Oh, and another bronze for Australia. Equestrian.
Great for the Equestrian. :thumbsup: Bronze is excellent.

Just read it was a cyber attack that caused the census website meltdown. They are not sure where it occurred from but they are saying likely overseas.

The website will be up and running 9.00am and people now have until 23rd September to lodge their form.

From what I gather, it's still down. Those of us who have completed it without problems have one less issue to contend with in that regard.

So, is everyone enjoying the Games so far? I'm back on nights for the week so will have some very good overnight viewing.

So, is everyone enjoying the Games so far? I'm back on nights for the week so will have some very good overnight viewing.

Yeah I've been watching what I can of it. The time difference is a bit of a drag as everything is happening overnight/morning our time which doesn't exactly suit.

I don't mind what sport I'm watching as I quite enjoy getting to see a bit of the sports I otherwise would never watch. I signed up for 7's 'premium' content so I've been doing a bit of sneaky work watching as well. Their live feeds are sometimes a bit hit and miss though.

The one thing that has been shitting me to no end though is there's no simple and easy guides/schedules anywhere. 7 has absolutely none that I can find. Luckily Google's one is pretty decent and I can actually figure out what's on and when.

Yeah I've been watching what I can of it. The time difference is a bit of a drag as everything is happening overnight/morning our time which doesn't exactly suit.

I don't mind what sport I'm watching as I quite enjoy getting to see a bit of the sports I otherwise would never watch. I signed up for 7's 'premium' content so I've been doing a bit of sneaky work watching as well. Their live feeds are sometimes a bit hit and miss though.

The one thing that has been shitting me to no end though is there's no simple and easy guides/schedules anywhere. 7 has absolutely none that I can find. Luckily Google's one is pretty decent and I can actually figure out what's on and when.

Yeah, I'm finding the time difference annoying - I intend to stay up but it doesn't happen. Agree about the Google guide but all guides are a pain in the arse on a mobile which really is a bit of joke. I'm looking forward to the weekend and being able to watch what I want.

Im a bit the opposite.
I like the unpredicatability of surfing olympic channels and seeing whats on.
Makes me often give more of the non mainstream sports a bit more than a cursory look and sometime enjoy and strike gold.:p
And often you catch those mini-moments which are great and enhanced when watching them live.
fu5.gif

Try to avoid the local coverage.
Im as proud and patriotic as anybody but force fed jingoism gets my goat.
It is however sometimes amusing when the hysteria inevitably ends up as sadness.
roo2.gif

Im a bit the opposite.
Makes me often give more of the non mainstream sports a bit more than a cursory look and sometime enjoy and strike gold.:p
And often you catch those mini-moments which are great and enhanced when watching them live.
fu5.gif

It is however sometimes amusing when the hysteria inevitably ends up as sadness.
roo2.gif

Yeah I see your point. I mainly want a decent guide so I don't miss the events I really want to catch which I feel like I've been doing.

Im a bit the opposite.
fu5.gif

roo2.gif

I agree, but I get 30 minutes break from work a day to watch it so I choose what I want to watch in that time

Im a bit the opposite.
Makes me often give more of the non mainstream sports a bit more than a cursory look and sometime enjoy and strike gold]
Exactly

I find that doing nights is good for this sort of thing, but I do get to see some things several times if I watch it at the gym when I'm awake at lunchtime or when I watch before coming to work. Replays aplenty. I heard Roy and HG on Triplem at lunchtime and found out about another gold and a silver. Haven't seen the races yet, but I am sure on brekkie tv I'll see them before I go home.

Generally speaking it's not too bad, not that I'm taking a huge amount of notice as I'm working when I'm 'watching' most of the time. I read that the ads from NBC during the opening ceremony were frequent and there were lots of complaints. We only had one ad at a time I think with decent gaps between them.
We have seven, seven2, and seven mate. From time to time after a session has finished they let us know what's happening on the other channels and do that 4 screen split so we can see and then change channel if so desired. The fourth screen is for the seven app on our phones I think which is free.
Not noticed any back stories as such but sometimes the commentators will give a mini back story or do the anecdotal thing as they commentate.
Is NBC concentrating solely on US competitors or giving coverage/ acknowledgement on heats, rounds that don't have Americans in them?

Back