Skip to main content

XXXI Rio Olympiad

its lame with a grave sorry it is not larmay. At the highest level it is filagree.
You have me confused now. Did you mean lame as in pathetic or lame as in the shiny fabric? I spelled it larmay as that's how it's pronounced, so as not to be confused with lame. As I said, I couldn't put the accent acute on the e of lame.

its lame, i am sorry you are confused
Lamé is a type of fabric woven or knit with thin ribbons of metallic fiber, as opposed to guipé, where the ribbons are wrapped around a fibre yarn. It is usually gold or silver in color; sometimes copper lamé is seen. Lamé comes in different varieties, depending on the composition of the other threads in the fabric.

its lame, i am sorry you are confused
Lamé is a type of fabric woven or knit with thin ribbons of metallic fiber, as opposed to guipé, where the ribbons are wrapped around a fibre yarn. It is usually gold or silver in color; sometimes copper lamé is seen. Lamé comes in different varieties, depending on the composition of the other threads in the fabric.
Yes, I know what the fabric is, hence my use of the word shiny. Now the whole thing has become lame. Thankyou.

wow,another sensitive snowflake

btw the thread was merged because you posted it in the feedback section ...like a baws

Is anyone taking an interest in and watching the Games? If so, what sports are you particularly interested in? For me it's cycling, weightlifting, male gymnastics, rowing, sailing, some of the equestrian, diving, shooting, golf.

Yes I am interested - it is only for two weeks in every 4 years and I am impressed with the dedication of these people. I am interested in Athletics, Swimming, Diving and Gymnastics - all what I did, when I was a kid :) The canoeing is on atm and looks interesting :)

I think our moments of being on the top rung have been fleeting, sweet and a thing of the past. Bound to happen but it was lovely to see it while it lasted.
I agree. It was pretty funny to yell out: "WE'RE NUMBER ONE" when we on;y had 2 medals Hahaha, but yes, in the past now I wager.

The track and field events are my favourites in the Olympics. Being a track and field competitor at school probably has something to do with my love of it.

I still get goosebumps with Cathy Freeman winning in 2000.

Back