Skip to main content

X Factor 2014

I was going to put money on Marlissa cause she was on some pretty good odds. Instead I put it on Lawson. FML

I was going to put money on Marlissa cause she was on some pretty good odds. Instead I put it on Lawson. FML

I've banned myself from betting. AT LEAST FOR NOW! hahaha. Maybe you should too...! :p

Wow, congratulations to Marlisa! I'm sure Dean and Brothers 3 will do well also.

Is this the first time the bookies' favourite hasn't won?

Interesting that Marlisa won. I really felt Brothers 3, Dean and Reigan had the bigger support.

Luke did say the votes were closer than ever before. Still I would tend to think Dean would have the edge over Marlisa. I don't buy on iTunes (I get CDs) but people do and he has been way up there and Reigan and Brothers 3 have also done well and Marlisa did the least. Tend to wonder how well her winners song will do on there now. I also wonder how many Dean fans are raging out there over her win.

I know Dami was a strong fave last year but the fact that someone of Asian heritage has won two years in a row makes me also wonder if some sort of Asian organisation of sorts has a hand in this.

Anyway my fave bits of the night was anything Reigan and Guy's performance.
Damn, was Reigan on?! I stopped watching when she left but I should've bloody recorded tonight if so!

Marlisa will be a one hit wonder.
She only won because her family were drumming up votes for her outside, according to what I heard on the radio this morning.
Dean and B3 will be around far longer in the industry.
Coming 2nd or 3rd is often a blessing in disguise, just ask Jess Mauboy or Taylor Henderson from last year.

Damn, was Reigan on?! I stopped watching when she left but I should've bloody recorded tonight if so!

Yeah, she performed with the top 13 at the start. She looked great on stage. Getting a little solo.

The other bit she was on when they were showing what had gone on throughout the series and had comments from Ronan/Natalie about being best performances ever, etc. Think I saw a quick flash of her at the end too when everyone else came out on stage after the winner was announced.

She only won because her family were drumming up votes for her outside, according to what I heard on the radio this morning.

Really? Who had that info on what station? I also now wonder who would have won if Danni had voted off Marlisa instead of Reigan.

Dean and B3 will be around far longer in the industry.
Coming 2nd or 3rd is often a blessing in disguise, just ask Jess Mauboy or Taylor Henderson from last year.

Re the votes, that was mentioned on Hot Tomato here on the GC too.
Re blessing.. same with Johnny Ruffo. He's going great guns in the entertainment industry on a multitue of levels. Reece Mastin however.. don't hear near anything about him at all.

I was disappointed with the final 3 in general. I thought Reigan should have won to be honest. She's an all rounder.

@Evan

I'm sure all the contestant's families/family friends are drumming up huge votes for them. What do you expect them to do? Do nothing?

Taylor Henderson isn't successful? Come see me in ten years and then we'll have a chat about him lasting in the industry.
No doubt Marlisa is young and that will hinder her, but Lorde was only 16 when she became an international sensation (obviously different styles) but given a good repertoire of songs and a good manager, Marlisa could stick around for a couple of years minimum.

In saying that Dean and Reigan are definitely going to be the big movers out of the series. Dean will be huge in Triple J circles, Reigan is already a superstar.

In saying that Dean and Reigan are definitely going to be the big movers out of the series. Dean will be huge in Triple J circles, Reigan is already a superstar.

It would have been the ultimate if they could have been the final two.

I heard that Reigan will be on Telethon which is on channel 7 in perth in the coming days. I'm assuming she'll be performing. Hopefully some bits will somehow be viewable somewhere for those not in Perth.

I wish I could hear something more concrete as to what is going on with her though (eg, sony has signed her).

I stopped watching X Factor in 2011.

Like the recent BB, it's gotten more prepubescent-aimed and childish...:bored:

So great news fellow Reigan lovers. She is signed!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ase-debut-single/story-e6frfn09-1227106292306

Reigan Derry signs Sony Music record deal and will release debut single

• 2 HOURS AGO OCTOBER 29, 2014 5:58PM

Reigan will release her debut single All Of The Pieces in December with the lead track hitting the airwaves on November 20.

The 26-year-old singer and songwriter said she didn’t lose hope of converting her profile on the show into a recording career after coming fourth in the 2014 season.

It was well known in music industry circles that Sony Music was keen to sign the talented artist but would wait until they had announced the releases of the grand finalists.

She knew her fanbase had been considerably boosted by her consistently acclaimed performances on the show when thousands of people reached out to her on social media after she failed to make the top 3.

“I was disappointed I didn’t get in the top 3 but this huge wave of support came from social media with thousands of people adding me or contacting me overnight; they came out of nowhere,” she said yesterday.

“They all swore they would support me and told me not to give up on myself.”

The epic single is reminiscent of the Florence and The Machine style that suited Reigan’s voice and personality.

While the EP will feature some of her most memorable X Factor performances, the singer and songwriter has already been approached by other hitmakers in Australia and overseas keen to work with her.

“For the first time in a long time, doors have opened and people I have been dying to work with really want to work with me. Finally,” she said.

Reigan is also keen to return to playing gigs with her trusty acoustic guitar and will be one of the artists performing during ARIA Week in November to launch her single.

@Poona - Thanks for that!! GOOOOOOOOOOO Reigan!! I'll definitely by her album. The first one I've bought since Adele's last one haha

Tahan Lew Fatt ‏@TahnyLew
Yes! I was that annoying fan girl! Love @reiganderry
1f64c.png
she is blessed #SoJealousOfThatVoice
1f48b.png

B1BZvPXCAAAofiY.jpg

For some reason all of Reigan's social media accounts have been shut down. I wonder if they're going to make her redo her profiles now that it's out that she's with Sony.

For some reason all of Reigan's social media accounts have been shut down. I wonder if they're going to make her redo her profiles now that it's out that she's with Sony.

They've just been renamed to reiganofficial instead of reiganderry.

Oh and I saw Ben (2012 bb winner) met Reigan at the same place Tahan did, which he posted on his Twitter. Seems many love her! :)

They've just been renamed to reiganofficial instead of reiganderry.

Oh and I saw Ben (2012 bb winner) met Reigan at the same place Tahan did, which he posted on his Twitter. Seems many love her! :)
Yay!!! Thanks for letting me know about the name change :)

Seems she also made it to #23 on the Maxim Hot 100 list!! I'm really cheering for this woman. I hope she kicks major ass.

Yay!!! Thanks for letting me know about the name change :)

Seems she also made it to #23 on the Maxim Hot 100 list!! I'm really cheering for this woman. I hope she kicks major ass.

Well she's already made it to number 8 on the iTunes charts with songs nobody has even heard yet (unlike Dean and Marlisa for example where you've heard their singles and you know what songs are on their first album)!

They have a pre-order of her Ep due early December up there. It's also being released on cd and you can pre-order that online at the moment with jb hi fi and sanity too. Sanity is offering a signed copy (just search for Reigan - don't bother with her last name).

Back