Skip to main content

Would Ben have done the same for Estelle?

Ben's the only housemate who has spontaneously made me laugh out loud and on numerous occasions. None of the others have. I watch BB for the social dynamics and to be entertained and he delivers for the most part.
You know what's ugly? The passive/aggressive attempts at intimidation by insult some posters employ to try and subjugate and deter fans of Ben from posting their support. Nasty. Ben has my support and I hope he wins.
What an awesome post! Agree wholeheartedly!!

No way would Ben do that for Estelle.
But that was before Estelle did him the favour. And Ben doesn't have to. Except for Sam, nobody has Ben on their radar. Thanks to Ben, everyone has Estelle on their radar.

Big Brother is sly - the moral dilemma is not Estelle's, it is Ben's. Does he negate the debt of gratitude? How? He is going to have to find some way to do so, some reason why he doesn't have to, or else know how bad he looks to the voters of Australia.

Big Brother is sly - the moral dilemma is not Estelle's, it is Ben's. Does he negate the debt of gratitude? How? He is going to have to find some way to do so, some reason why he doesn't have to, or else know how bad he looks to the voters of Australia.

Yes, this! ^

I actually kinda like ben, and im a big fan of Estelle. Yes he's bitched about her but he seems a bit conflicted about it. He's the only one of the 'it' group that many times has verbalized how bad he feels about what hes done to Estelle and even made genuine inroads to seeing eye to eye with her and wanting to understand her/treat her better.

Not sure if he would have done this though, had the tables been turned :\

I'm so glad Ben hasn't been a cliched gay guy this season. He hasn't been bitchy, or confessed to wearing make up, or been given an ipod to listen to Madonna or Kylie - oh wait, what was I saying?!??!?

hahaha spot on....quote of the season you are sooooooooooooooooooooooo right!

She knows Ben is not targeting her - she watched him nominate and he did not nominate her. She knows Michael nominates her - she watched him do it and was even hurt by him saying everyone hates her but she refuses to let their behaviour change who she is or make her sink to their level.

That's right. She also knows that Ben has significant influence on Michael and others, hence that good deed is a net positive.

I actually kinda like ben, and im a big fan of Estelle. Yes he's bitched about her but he seems a bit conflicted about it. He's the only one of the 'it' group that many times has verbalized how bad he feels about what hes done to Estelle and even made genuine inroads to seeing eye to eye with her and wanting to understand her/treat her better.

Not sure if he would have done this though, had the tables been turned :\

T'ch you Estelle-fanatic You... (Montague)

Ben is manipulative -- End of Story.

No really, he is. Every little thing I've seen is at most a manipulative ploy. (Doesn't mean, I don't enjoy watching it though!) I personally think that Ben is playing 'nice' and his constant attempts to'understand' Estelle is at most an act for us viewers. When you think about it... it makes sense. Who is the one that has been up for nomination and saved every time? -- Estelle and who are the ones that save her in the first place? -- The viewers. It's an excellent and devious tactic... Be nice to Estelle and the viewers will like you.

This brings me to my next point. If the tables had been turned, would Ben have done so? The answer would be Yes. Would he have liked it? Probably not but he'd have done so anyway because he knows that in doing so he ends up looking good.

All in all, I like Ben. He may be devious and manipulative at heart but he also is entertaining and that's what counts.

I think Estelle played that well. After all missing some music is a ok price to pay if it makes you look nice, unselfish and sweet. Personally I don't really see Estelle that way, so I do see it more as a tactical move by her. Plus, if they keep bitching about her, makes them look bad too! Have to say well done Estelle. I'm not having a go at her, good for her.

There's no way in hell he would have, unfortunately. :( He's as cold as an ice berg; hours after Estelle gave him the treat he mentioned to Michael and Stacey that he still doesn't want to be her friend (in those exact words). Let's just pray that he gets the axe on Sunday!

There's no way in hell he would have, unfortunately. :( He's as cold as an ice berg; hours after Estelle gave him the treat he mentioned to Michael and Stacey that he still doesn't want to be her friend (in those exact words). Let's just pray that he gets the axe on Sunday!

Ben has so many personalities it's hard to keep up..... Mr Nice Guy.. Arsehole, Funny, Sourpuss, Forgiving, Hardhearted, Loser and let's not forget.... Backstabbing Bitch!

Wow! Ben's fans are both swift and blind! Swift to jump to his defense and blind to his faults lol. How can anyone think he would have done the same when, on the OS, he said this...

After Big Baby’s birthday party yesterday, Estelle had taken a liking to a sparky plastic wand and played with it during the afternoon. But Sam had a confession to make over dinner – he’d accidentally broken it.

While Estelle feigned disappointment at this news, Benjamin smirked beside her, “That kind of makes me happy.”

“Why do you take joy in my discomfort?” Estelle smiled.

“I don’t know,” Benjamin replied. “Sometimes you need to take comfort in some people’s misfortune.” His face was a mask of perfect seriousness.

I would have loved it if Estelle has told Ben what the dilemma was and just at the last minute as she was about to hand the ipod to him snatch it back and said I changed my mind because "Sometimes you need to take comfort in some people’s misfortune'.

I would have loved it if Estelle has told Ben what the dilemma was and just at the last minute as she was about to hand the ipod to him snatch it back and said I changed my mind because "Sometimes you need to take comfort in some people’s misfortune'.

Lol!!!!

I love Ben to bits, but yes, he would have deserved that lol

Nope....he would have shrugged his shoulders, said fuck her, and had his music that no one else know about. It is all about Ben most of the time....unless he feels it will give him an advantage.

This would be exactly as I have predicted........but he says that to keep in with the mental giants Michael and Stacey as well.
Who can believe anything he says. Cold and uncaring......same as the other two stupids.
I am so cross with myself for even thinking at the beginning of the series that these were nice people. Scum

Estelle made the only possible decision, I think Ben would have done the same, but moaned about it at length afterwards.

She knows Ben is not targeting her - she watched him nominate and he did not nominate her. She knows Michael nominates her - she watched him do it and was even hurt by him saying everyone hates her but she refuses to let their behaviour change who she is or make her sink to their level.

Actually, we know that she was suspicious enough to hold one of her two 'listen in' privileges to the bitter end in order to hear if Ben's relentless backstabbing of her extended to his nominations (it had on other weeks but not on that one) .

Michael has voted for Estelle six times and allocated her a total of ten points over the whole series so far, Ben has voted for her twice and allocated five points. If I was listing her top six threats, as far as nominations went, Micheal would be number three, Ben number six . Her biggest threats by far are Layla (nominated her 5 times for 23 points) and Angie (6 times for 15 points).

Ben is Angie's number one threat (nominated her 5 times for 8 points total) and Layla's number one threat ( nominated her twice for a total of 8 points - threats to Layla are not that large), so maybe Estelle was not interested in Angie and Layla's votes because she knew their habits and really wanted to know how Ben, the enemy of her enemies, voted. Estelle is a very smart and self-controlled strategist if that is the case.

I think the listening in power might have misled Estelle: Micheal said he decided to vote for Estelle because he had a gut feeling that everyone else would avoid nominating her while she had the superpower, which apparently was the case (Surely it must have occurred to him that there was a risk he would be identified as the one person still nominating Estelle, if his gut was correct, but there you go) . So Estelle might overestimate the threat Michael poses her, or underestimate Layla as a threat to her. As she said, Hate is a strong word. Estelle has become Micheal's number one threat, but none of the boys have ever voted for Micheal, nor Layla, so Estelle would need a strong dose of good luck in addition to all her precious points, to get Micheal nominated before she was evicted. After she was evicted, she might stand a faint chance of getting Micheal out if she gave her superpower to Stacey, but I don't think it is very likely to happen.

Ben has even fewer threats that Micheal - only Layla, Sam and Estelle, in that order. But Sam can be relied upon to target Ben (and be targeted by Ben) so maybe there is some strategic value in Estelle throwing some points Ben's way because of that. I think the obvious target for Estelle should be Angie - Angie nominates Estelle nearly every week, and is nominated herself nearly every week. Sam could help Estelle neutralize Layla, and the three of them could gang up on Ben. But I don't think Estelle is a great strategist, or has any plans like that.

I think she was simply just being considerate.
It's not really about if Ben would have done the same thing.
And she was happening to do it with calculating intentions....it means she's playing the game like everyone else in there.

Just to answer the OP, yes, I think Ben would have done it for her, I think any of them would, even Angie. I don't think anyone in there is that mean-spirited that they wouldn't. Plus they would know the show well enough to know that they would probably be given their own afterwards anyway.

Just to answer the OP, yes, I think Ben would have done it for her, I think any of them would, even Angie. I don't think anyone in there is that mean-spirited that they wouldn't. Plus they would know the show well enough to know that they would probably be given their own afterwards anyway.

While initially I feel like I am inclined to agree, I don't actually know if I do. A whole bunch of them have done stuff to other peoples property to get things for themselves. Hell.. Michael destroyed Layla's personal property in a fire to get shampoo. Zoe through Ryan's shoes over the fence? Sam hide Pumpa. Even Stacey tried to destroy Ava's food just because it'd make her happy. There's actually a huge amount of disregard and consideration for selfish reasons that has gone on.

So I don't think we can say they'd all do the same.

Back