Skip to main content

Worst BB editing and production ever?

The show's format was fine up to 2007. It's really when Gretel left that everything went down hill, from then onwards the producers tried to change up the format too much and what they really ended up accomplishing was destroying the show itself.

I agree 10000 %

The show's format was fine up to 2007. It's really when Gretel left that everything went down hill, from then onwards the producers tried to change up the format too much and what they really ended up accomplishing was destroying the show itself. Funny also that this downfall also started when Alex M came on board as producer, he was also involved in the 2008 season that aired on Ten. Although it seems this year that Nine have hired a new editing team on the cheap who don't know what the hell they are doing.

Yes, that's it. I enjoyed BB until 2007. 2008 wasn't good but still a lot better than now. Now it is just ridiculous

When sonia can;t handle the show anymore. I would love to see Mike Goldman to take over and he will be the presidential presenter of big brother show. When i see him on tv at times for a brief moment i see him the original big brother gurru. And thats how it should be loved for. Non of that silly female presenters one is half pregnant and dance away sillyness. As much as all respect sonia is a nice wonderful but a ununsial big lady.. im suprise.

I loved the BB of old but they really have lost the plot this year. They were playing up their "love triangle" tonight while at the same time trying to suggest in the promos that something may happen between Lisa and Ryan/Leo. Make up your mind!

They have promoted other stuff that didn't make the show.
I only watched last year and this year is much worse with much more obvious interference via editing.

I still don't know what BB got out of Lisa greeting Leo instead of his preferred choice of Aisha.

Did the producers think Lisa's panties would drop the second she saw him? Did they not think that now Aisha is getting over Travis, that putting Leo into the mix could create a real rift in the power dynamics in the house? Did they really think that audiences could get invested in the dumb love square they're trying to manufacture when all we see of Sky-Jake-Lisa is the kissing and NONE of the emotional stuff?

They're fucking idiots. All it accomplished was seeing Lisa admit to her resting bitch face and Leo trying to convince everyone that he doesn't watch tv.

The show's format was fine up to 2007. It's really when Gretel left that everything went down hill, from then onwards the producers tried to change up the format too much and what they really ended up accomplishing was destroying the show itself. Funny also that this downfall also started when Alex M came on board as producer, he was also involved in the 2008 season that aired on Ten. Although it seems this year that Nine have hired a new editing team on the cheap who don't know what the hell they are doing.
It could be seen like that, but I believe it was down to the poor ratings in 2007 so they tried to change things up in 2008

So David had been getting a reasonably good edit this week then tonight he gets 16 nomination points, twice as many as the next highest. WTF? Just goes to show how much the show is manipulated away from what's really going on.

When sonia can;t handle the show anymore. I would love to see Mike Goldman to take over and he will be the presidential presenter of big brother show. When i see him on tv at times for a brief moment i see him the original big brother gurru. And thats how it should be loved for. Non of that silly female presenters one is half pregnant and dance away sillyness. As much as all respect sonia is a nice wonderful but a ununsial big lady.. im suprise.
The only saving grace for Sonia hosting the show is that Mike Goldman isn't - as bad as she is the two minutes he's on screen are even worse. He's a brilliant narrator, but awful presenter.

There is also way too much unnecessary recapping of what we have already seen.
YES. Recapping and repeating. They're clearly playing solely to idiots who are content to watch the same shit over and over again. Like the time they repeated the dance-off (which I did love) in its entirety. "They liked that; just stick that in again." Or showing Skye's "starving African children" bit when surely there are any number of tantrums we haven't seen yet. It's so frustrating, and they're not even creating any sort of narrative that makes sense to make the bullshit recapping tolerable.

They get 112 hours minimum of awake footage per week and this is the best they can do. Pathetic.

Any producers who are reading this, please accept my sincere fuck you.

Honestly, half of me wants this season to bomb in the ratings so it gets pulled. Anything less just gives them confirmation they are doing a good job. It has to get worse before it gets better.

I agree.

To me the daily shows just feel so rushed, their primary focus seems to be on tasks, evictions and diary room chats.

Why can't we see the housemates interacting normally?

I know there's some interesting stuff going on in the house because they show little snippets of them (flashbacks) when the HM's are talking in the diary room/etc, but we never got to see the actual incidents in full.....it's becoming a sick joke.

I still don't know what BB got out of Lisa greeting Leo instead of his preferred choice of Aisha.

Did the producers think Lisa's panties would drop the second she saw him? Did they not think that now Aisha is getting over Travis, that putting Leo into the mix could create a real rift in the power dynamics in the house? Did they really think that audiences could get invested in the dumb love square they're trying to manufacture when all we see of Sky-Jake-Lisa is the kissing and NONE of the emotional stuff?

They're fucking idiots. All it accomplished was seeing Lisa admit to her resting bitch face and Leo trying to convince everyone that he doesn't watch tv.

I know hey, wtf was up with that?

This trend of recapping everything so many times can die in a fire. They must think we like seeing the same shit repeated over and over again.

Hint:

1384260519512482909.GIF

Pretty sure they've killed BB this year. I'm almost 100% sure it won't get picked up next year. It's been over edited to the point it doesn't make sense.

The reason Lisa was picked over Aisha is because Lisa was already chosen.

It's STUPID that she was already chosen though. She was dressed up nicely too, it seems big brother probably hinted at her to dress nicely before going into the diary room.

This intruder going in has been terrible. WHY are they doing it? At least give me a WHY. Why should some 30 year old good looking candaian come into the house now? What exactly is this supposed to achieve? I mean at least send in someone with some secret mission that they can't tell others about or do something sneaky and game changing ffs.

Last year was a total fluke. They had really good housemates last year, and I guess the timeslot + intense nominations + twitter updates + the games night was just enough for the rating to not plummet.

A big reason of why we don't see a lot of the house is the stuff they show us is actually more recent than it ever used to be.
On the daily show, for example, they cut to the eviction the night before, then the 'daytime' portion of the daily show is the same day the episode is being broadcast. It's stupid, they don't have enough time to evaluate the entire day.

How much actual live footage have we been given so far? Am I correct this is a complete ZERO? Not even last year was a complete zero.

Back