Skip to main content

Worst BB editing and production ever?

Totally agree!! We are seeing things in the eviction shows that we haven't seen before...I haven't missed an episode and I feel like I've missed a weeks worth!! There is too much diary room chat and not enough housemate interaction..

Most notable fuckups (so far):
- Sonia thought Leo was going to walk down the walkway, and was completely surprised that he walked down the stairs
- Sonia forgot Leo was Canadian, and not American
- Sonia said 'dinno' instead of 'dinner'
- The camera went to whip to the audience for the outro while Sonia was still talking
- The cameraman must be drunk and can't keep the camera still
- The house footage is constantly cutting between last night, live footage, yesterday morning and Nominations
- They didn't allow enough time for Nominations, so some HM's sentences are getting cut off halfway through
- They had a camera shot where it was slowly sinking towards the crowd when returning from an ad break, but they forgot to cut back to Sonia on stage, so we had an "awesome" shot of the crowd for waaaay too long

Last edited:
is it a new editor this season or something? I can't see this show coming back next year...

blog060812_bb.jpg

You have to remember it's not Alex, it's Ch 9 that says what happens with the show.

You want to complain about the show then complain to Ch9.

What the fuck is up with the editing... Big Brother said it was time to nominate and I swear I saw Katie in the background....
Also, why are they not following normal day-by-day sequencing... They show Katie's eviction and then play daily show footage of before she was evicted... so confusing. Where is the logic? Can they not just play the whole day from the morning and THEN show her eviction and not vice versa? You can clearly see her in some scenes and I can't imagine how confusing it is to the casual viewer. Screw-ups like this wreck BB... it's just clips from random parts of several days at this point holy shit.

You have to remember it's not Alex, it's Ch 9 that says what happens with the show.

You want to complain about the show then complain to Ch9.
No! We'll continue to blame Alex... As Executive Producer, it's Alex's job to make something good out of what he's given. If he can't make do with what he's given, he should step aside... Plain And Simple!

Because we, as fans, will not admit it. Shelf life has passed.
Any incarnation. Any incantation.
The show's premise has been completely lost.
We cling. Cos of a romantic ideal that has well passed.
I still love the idea.
Not the show so much anymore. It's a dinosaur in real terms.

The show's format was fine up to 2007. It's really when Gretel left that everything went down hill, from then onwards the producers tried to change up the format too much and what they really ended up accomplishing was destroying the show itself. Funny also that this downfall also started when Alex M came on board as producer, he was also involved in the 2008 season that aired on Ten. Although it seems this year that Nine have hired a new editing team on the cheap who don't know what the hell they are doing.

Back