Skip to main content

Worst BB editing and production ever?

Big Brother has evolved so much into a 'soap opera' storyline based TV show.

There was a lot to be said for the production of the show during the 2006-2008 era. It was getting pretty dire by that stage too and we were all becoming very disillusioned by the whole thing. It's easy to remember even those seasons of Big Brother with nostalgic fondness now, but I think if you go back and watch it, things weren't fantastic then either. By that stage, even Gretel was clearly over it.

But at least back then, we could still watch and immerse ourselves in the show, no matter how dire it was.

I think that's why the Channel 9 series is so much more disappointing, even when you take into account the nostalgic lens we tend to view the past series' through. It managed to fix quite a few of the things we hated during the late channel 10 era of BB, but then it made so many of the same mistakes, and fucked up quite a lot of fundamental components of the show that we never even thought were possible to fuck up.

The only saving grace for Sonia hosting the show is that Mike Goldman isn't - as bad as she is the two minutes he's on screen are even worse. He's a brilliant narrator, but awful presenter.
No matter. Mike Goldman was original for big brother and he was design not to make it present it perfect himself. If you been watching big brother since 2001 you will understand where my tongue is going.

Sonia is force to laugh at things and smile at things. Even if she doesnt feel like smile she is force and working as a producer is a very tight job. Its of course why gretal kalleen talked about it on ABC last year in one of the programes. She indicated been a presenter for bb show is a tight job. Even if you dont see it that way because half the time its all acting... sonia has to act as if she is all joyful and smiles all over.. but most of the times even if she does not feel the need to smile she is force to do it to present a show and such. And she is pregnant.. why on earth have her on bb when shes pregnant ? obviously the producers are over doing it from the house to everything related to bb show. And we as fans are very angry about it. Bring back the original.

There was a lot to be said for the production of the show during the 2006-2008 era. It was getting pretty dire by that stage too and we were all becoming very disillusioned by the whole thing. It's easy to remember even those seasons of Big Brother with nostalgic fondness now, but I think if you go back and watch it, things weren't fantastic then either. By that stage, even Gretel was clearly over it.

But at least back then, we could still watch and immerse ourselves in the show, no matter how dire it was.

I think that's why the Channel 9 series is so much more disappointing, even when you take into account the nostalgic lens we tend to view the past series' through. It managed to fix quite a few of the things we hated during the late channel 10 era of BB, but then it made so many of the same mistakes, and fucked up quite a lot of fundamental components of the show that we never even thought were possible to fuck up.
Agreed. Once this current season is over, I'm up to BB06 next in my series re-watch so this is one of the things I'm most keen to watch out for over the next couple seasons.

I agree.

To me the daily shows just feel so rushed, their primary focus seems to be on tasks, evictions and diary room chats.

Why can't we see the housemates interacting normally?

I know there's some interesting stuff going on in the house because they show little snippets of them (flashbacks) when the HM's are talking in the diary room/etc, but we never got to see the actual incidents in full.....it's becoming a sick joke.
Exact right. Why cant we see it normally without the rushed and the games.. this is starting to look and feel more of a game show... i rather want to see big brother programing back to normal feel alike.

Also notice how channel 9 does not promote much of big brother everyday during the day... Channel 9 seems to focus far too much for (the block) promos more then the actual big brother promos.. I wonder why... Also i never watch the block... that stuff is for the tradies and i am not a tradie.. they can go shove the tradie channel there and leave the public national channel 9 as a normal channel. Bloody hell.

But im noticing the less interest on the actual bb promos know and ch9 focus more directly on thebkock programe promos more.

But interesting how before big brother even started this year they end up with silly bb promos and its discusting graphical confusing vicking ship and the cliff and the sea big brother... but since bb is on... there is less bb promos.. you are watching more the stupidity show ever seen the block in that year 2014.

I watched this show since 2012 and I am from USA and I have to say this year is HORRIBLE.. The editing is so bad.. The people they chose to put on this season are not worthy of watching or keeping up with. The whole Cat and Lawson thing is so old and sooo boring now. She looks like a desparate female on the hunt. Sandra needs to leave Sam alone. Sickening to me how she can't keep her hands off him. Imagine what the girlfriends back home think of these women. Hopes it will be back next year but highly doubtful at the moment.. BB USA at least has challenges and do fun stuff to keep its audience entertained.. Just so weird to me how BB think their way is the right way.. Sorry BB but you definitely missed the mark this season.

It feels like there's no chronological order to the 'scenes' we get shown, only edited/cobbled together 'events' that aren't allowing us to get to know the HM's properly. It's all either drama, task footage or fill-in stuff like what the dogs are doing.

It feels like there's no chronological order to the 'scenes' we get shown,"

Yeah it's just so hard to follow when it's all over the place.

Last night was more of the same, recaps of the nominations and Lisa/Intruder that we'd already seen, then diary room discussions about the nominations, then most of the rest of the show was about the intruder.

There were a couple of interesting bits with Cat/Lawson although they were continuously interrupted by idiotic clips of Travis on hold......Whilst it's a lot of fun watching someone on the phone on hold (not), thanks for constantly interrupting one of the most interesting conversations on the show to date with it, nice choice with the editing.

This show has such potential for intellectual, interesting & compelling viewing.
Back in maybe BB01-BB04, the producers treated us like we brains in our heads.
In my opinion from BB05 onwards, that all changed. It became very trashy!

Now, when it comes to editing ... How stupid do they truly think we are? This show is getting very difficult to keep up with. I'm sensing that a lot of content is left out, producers are manipulating what and who they want shown ....

It's not the way Big Brother should be .... And I doubt it will ever change!

It really annoys me how they are showing things pertinent to knowing how these people tick many days after the event took place. Last night's episode (thursday) was a prime example.

They obvioulsy HAVE this footage but aren't showing it until many days later. Some may even affect how people vote. Sure, some of it might be petty arguments, but they demonstrate who these HMs are and how they deal with conflict.

It really annoys me how they are showing things pertinent to knowing how these people tick many days after the event took place. Last night's episode (thursday) was a prime example.

They obvioulsy HAVE this footage but aren't showing it until many days later. Some may even affect how people vote. Sure, some of it might be petty arguments, but they demonstrate who these HMs are and how they deal with conflict.

CORRECTION: It wasn't Thursday's episode (just re-skimmed it to check). It was in the last few days, possibly the Noms episode, but my point still stands. I forget the scene, but I was very surprised that we HAD NOT seen it before.

I watched this show since 2012 and I am from USA and I have to say this year is HORRIBLE.. The editing is so bad.. The people they chose to put on this season are not worthy of watching or keeping up with. The whole Cat and Lawson thing is so old and sooo boring now. She looks like a desparate female on the hunt. Sandra needs to leave Sam alone. Sickening to me how she can't keep her hands off him. Imagine what the girlfriends back home think of these women. Hopes it will be back next year but highly doubtful at the moment.. BB USA at least has challenges and do fun stuff to keep its audience entertained.. Just so weird to me how BB think their way is the right way.. Sorry BB but you definitely missed the mark this season.

Amen. Too much emphasis on showmances and relationships and all that. I want to see more tasks and challenges.

I make this joke often, but this season, I'm still waiting for "Special Guest Star Heather Locklear" to show up.

I'm waiting now for them to do something BBUSA did last year and actually edit a housemate out of a scene.

No matter. Mike Goldman was original for big brother and he was design not to make it present it perfect himself. If you been watching big brother since 2001 you will understand where my tongue is going.
Actually, I have had trouble understanding where your tongue is going.

I'm waiting now for them to do something BBUSA did last year and actually edit a housemate out of a scene.

I remember something similar from perhaps BBUK 8? I can't remember the exact details apart from the fact that it may have been besides the pool, but I'm pretty sure it was a group shot and one of them took a few steps one way and just disappeared into thin air.

Either way, it's crazy. Completely unacceptable!

Back