Skip to main content

Winner by Demographics

Who Do You Want to Win (By Demographics)

• I want Jade to win - I'm a female under 35

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • I want Jade to win - I'm a female 35 or over

Votes: 21 11.5%
  • I want Jade to win - I'm a male under 35

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • I want Jade to win - I'm a male 35 or over

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I want Tahan to win - I'm a female under 35

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I want Tahan to win - I'm a female 35 or over

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • I want Tahan to win - I'm a male under 35

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • I want Tahan to win - I'm a male 35 or over

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • I want Tim to win - I'm a female under 35

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I want Tim to win - I'm a female 35 or over

Votes: 30 16.4%
  • I want Tim to win - I'm a male under 35

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • I want Tim to win - I'm a male 35 or over

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
Well I'm a male under 35 and I want Tahan to win!

Although they can't vote in this scientific poll my mother and sister both want Tahan to win as well and they're both over 35!

Males under 35 probably overwhelmingly support Tahan. I am one.

Good idea for a thread. Female, under 35, wanting Tim to win, also happy enough with Tahan.

The reason Jade is getting a lot of likes on Facebook is because her demographic older women are more able to spend their time on facebook liking every thing.

Um, I just said why. Most of the users here are under 35 anyway, so that will leave over 35 a bit blank.

He should've divided it by the age of 25, not 35. Cos that will equal out all things. 35 is just way too high - only a few of us here are that age.

Most of the polls that have been done here over the years show a good age range of members. 35 wasn't too bad a cut-off, I would be more likely to push it upwards than downwards.

Um, I just said why. Most of the users here are under 35 anyway, so that will leave over 35 a bit blank.

He should've divided it by the age of 25, not 35. Cos that will equal out all things. 35 is just way too high - only a few of us here are that age.

Have you looked at the results? They prove that what you are saying is incorrect. When you first posted, over half of the respondents were 35 and over. That percentage has gone down a bit, but it is still 44% (56 out of 128). If I had done 13-17, 18-24 and 25+ as you suggested, the vast majority would have fit the 25+ demo. But feel free to do your own poll.

The reason Jade is getting a lot of likes on Facebook is because her demographic older women are more able to spend their time on facebook liking every thing.
I'm in the older woman demographic...went back to school after a divorce at 36....work now in a full time corp job, already put my son through college, in the process of putting my oldest daughter through college now and raising my youngest to get to college. If you can tell me where I find the time to even figure out what facebook is, I'd appreciate it very much. Oh...Im a Jade fan.:cool: Cannot believe the way people are sterotyped in this forum.

I still don't understand how that would prevent anybody from voting besides been somewhat of an ageist snob and not wanting to be lumped with the 'oldiesl which is a very primary school mindset. lol

At this point in time I'm disappointed that Tim has 1 vote more than T on the under 35 male demo and Jade is just 3 behind.

As of the moment:

Total:
Tim 43.9%
Tahan 28.3%
Jade 27.7%

Female:
Tim 47.1%
Jade 30.8%
Tahan 22.1%

Male:
Tahan 43.2%
Tim 36.3%
Jade 20.5%

Percentage of each of their total votes coming from women:
Jade 78.5%
Tim 74.6%
Tahan 54.8%

Percentage coming from men:
Tahan 45.2%
Tim: 25.4%
Jade: 21.5%

Last edited:
This poll is really interesting, thanks badlands. Gender seems to be slightly more predictive than age which surprises me. I wonder if these results reflect actual voting behaviour? I would guess the over 35 demographic is less likely to actually vote but perhaps not. Tim is favoured either way so it's all good!

Wow females liking Tim by a LANDSLIDE.

I wonder if this is the same as teenage girls liking feminine young men because they aren't THREATENING.

I'm a little surprised 35 has cut the population quite evenly, good choice. I guess I unconsciously assume people here are younger than they are.

Biggest demographic difference in the results is Tahan is nearly twice as popular with men than with women.

Back