Skip to main content

Why don't people like Ben?

I like Ben.
I think he is playing the game beautifully.
Not keen on him talking to the photos so much but otherwise I think he is great.

Agree. Beside the bizarre talking to Nan and mum's photos, Ben not liking Mr Clooney has put me off him a bit ..." he smells, jumps on all the beds, couch, chairs etc and poos everywhere...would evict him if he was up".

But apart from that, he is pretty likeable.

View attachment 33142
maybe i just need more coffee
*shrugs*

I don't get it either. Ben's quirky at best and inoffensive at worst.

Have no idea why anybody would waste emotional energy in 'hating' the guy but if that floats your boat hate away, don't mind me.

FWIW plenty of viewers 'like' Ben as he has had one of the best voting percentages whenever he's been up. Personally, I wouldn't vote for him but I can see his appeal in contrast to the rest of the inmates.

I dont dislike or like ben, he is funny at times, as long as I dont have to put up with him, if he annoys me, I can turn away.

Agree. Beside the bizarre talking to Nan and mum's photos, Ben not liking Mr Clooney has put me off him a bit ..." he smells, jumps on all the beds, couch, chairs etc and poos everywhere...would evict him if he was up".

But apart from that, he is pretty likeable.

I forgot about Ben not liking Mr Clooney..... poor George, I have never heard him say a bad word against Ben! :D

You nasty homophobes should burn in hell for not liking an excellent representative of the gay community who is creating a great impression among heteros.

He's the antithesis of the scumbag ben12 who I'm surprised hasn't been bashed to date, given his propensity for bullying and general nastiness some karma his way is well over due. Ben13 is the complete opposite of that arsehole and his presence in the BB house will go a long way to changing negative perceptions of gays (particular guys) in society and for that I applaud him.

:confused: Why homophobes?? WTF does his sexuality have anything to do with if a person is liked or disliked for his or her actions and behaviours in the house? Why is it that if a person is gay and someone has something negative to say about him or her they are labelled as homophobic? Oh..... and if a gay person does act ok in the house he or she is then the poster person for the cause? :confused:

Then again ....... good luck to the "changing the negative perseption of gays ....... in society" if Ben is a good representation of gays. :D:D

:confused: Why homophobes?? WTF does his sexuality have anything to do with if a person is liked or disliked for his or her actions and behaviours in the house? Why is it that if a person is gay and someone has something negative to say about him or her they are labelled as homophobic? Oh..... and if a gay person does act ok in the house he or she is then the poster person for the cause? :confused:

Then again ....... good luck to the "changing the negative perseption of gays ....... in society" if Ben is a good representation of gays. :D:D

Oh that was a bit of tongue cheek. :cool: I was mimicking the most common dismissive retort used by Ben12 fans about perfectly valid criticism of their favourite hm last year. Anyone that dare voice an unflattering opinion of the vile creature was a homophobe according to them. Yet many of Ben12 fans are currently haters of gay Ben13, the irony amuses me.

I'm amazed that that douchebag had any fans to begin as he single handedly set back the perception of gays n in the hetero community at least 5 years.

:p :cool: I momentarily forgot about his aversion to Mr Clooney. This is by far his worst trait...somewhat unforgivable in fact. :mad:

I don't dislike Ben. He just ads nothing to the show for me. He isn't real, and I believe it's an affectation and a performance. He plays into a role in his real life and he's adjusted it for the show. It frankly isn't interesting as there's nothing human about him.

Oh that was a bit of tongue cheek. :cool: I was mimicking the most common dismissive retort used by Ben12 fans about perfectly valid criticism of their favourite hm last year. Anyone that dare voice an unflattering opinion of the vile creature was a homophobe according to them. Yet many of Ben12 fans are currently haters of gay Ben13, the irony amuses me.

I'm amazed that that douchebag had any fans to begin as he single handedly set back the perception of gays n in the hetero community at least 5 years.
Hahaha! Are you ever going to build a bridge, Con? Or are they destined to carve on your tombstone "BENNY BOY SHOULD NEVER HAVE WON BB 2012!!"

I don't dislike Ben. He just ads nothing to the show for me. He isn't real, and I believe it's an affectation and a performance. He plays into a role in his real life and he's adjusted it for the show. It frankly isn't interesting as there's nothing human about him.

OMG THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+100000000000000000000 agree with every little thing you said!

I can not stand seeing him in his pjs all day. He is on tv please for God sake get change when you wake up in the morning. I don't know who I dislike more Tully or him.

I'm sick of his 'character' talking at those pictures trying to influence the outside world.. today's ploy was trying to say that Tim picks on him. I wish he'd drop this fake shit. Seriously.

Personally I find it irritating that a grown man can be so inadequate at almost everything.

Hmmm I don't really like exercise
Ahhhh I don't know how to cook
I don't ever dance in front of people

Etc etc etc oh my god snore fest. No wonder he can't get a job he's a ditherer. Infuriates me

Ben beat Tim by a small margin tonight. He is número uno in that house for now.

Yup based on public voting it seems plenty people do like him. I need to catch up on some of the live feed stuff. Based on comments he has done some fun stuff. I don't mind him.

Hahaha! Are you ever going to build a bridge, Con? Or are they destined to carve on your tombstone "BENNY BOY SHOULD NEVER HAVE WON BB 2012!!"

For the same reason history is recorded to remind us to never forget about Hitler and other arseholes throughout history. In the same vein I remind BB viewers not to make the same mistake and reward bottom feeding miscreants like ben12.

OMG THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+100000000000000000000 agree with every little thing you said!

Ben cannot possibly be any duller than what Matt, Ed, Caleb etc had to offer and yet I don't see the same backlash against those housemates which leads me to beleive there's more to it than Ben being 'dull'.

Personally there's something in many australians that gets them riled up about someone as inoffensive as Ben is. Whether it is his over the top niceness or what-have-you, it really gets them worked up.

As I said before it also manifested when Steve Irwin was at the peak of his popularity. So many Australians were deadset embarrassed by the bloke and were convinced he was playing up a caricature to gain a wider international audience and absolutely loathed him because of it.

[MENTION=11846]Sorceress[/MENTION]

Do you have enough hours in the day to read my reply as to why.

Back