Skip to main content

Why don't people like Ben?

He's a boring, simple man who doesn't offer much entertainment wise. He seems extremely fake, and has a strong serial killer vibe to him.

Can see him with a dead body in his living room talking to his photos.

I like him. My (14 year old) daughter finds him irritating. She can't believe a grown man can do so little for himself.

I do think he is genuine, no one can keep up an act for that long.

I am also a Ben fan.

At the start I did think he was fake, but now I just think he is a very quirky guy.

I just don't really like his personality. Some people find it sweet, but I find it irritating.

the naive, parasitic man-child act is way over the top. it's most likely an exaggeration of one side to his personality, but it's not endearing. it's tiresome. just go away.

Can I assume that Ben fans are also the people who backed Michael last year?

Ben just doesn't add anything to the actual show, to the point where I forget he is even there. He'll say something quirky, or the boys will pick on him inadvertently but otherwise he just floats around not doing much. There are literally three videos of him in the second bedroom talking to the Sugar Sisters, who seem to be the only people he talks to.

For me, he's more of a novelty than an actual person or character in the house you can relate to. Like someone you look at because he's so weird and different and peculiar.

I've liked him since day 1.
The talking to photos thing is a bit silly, but overall I think he's a sweet soul.

He doesn't believe in souls so I guess he doesn't have one either.:p

I don't hate him - I just find him dorky and awkward and a big sissy. When the boys were all having a pillow fight in the bedroom he kept asking them to stop because he was worried that BB would be angry with them. He is so immature and indecisive. I feel like I am watching a young child - and young children should not be on BB.

I can't decide how I feel about him.

On the one hand he's shown some insightful moments and it's a bit sad how the majority of the house basically dismiss him. The only people that seem to treat him as a person are the sisters (though they tend to baby him more than anything), Mikkayla and Jade. The boys aren't exactly being mean to him but he's definitely on the periphery with them. It does give him a massive opportunity to see how people are truly behaving though as he just seems to be a non entity when they're in bitch mode.

Then you have the Ben that can't/won't cook for himself and wears PJ's all day because he has no clothes (seriously, use the fricken machine). That side of Ben irritates the hell out of me and also makes me feel sad because he's never going to get a life while he's clinging so close to home. As much as he's close to his mum she failed at raising an adult.

I'm still not totally convinced he's real :confused:

He's grown on me. I thought he was fake initially, but now I'm at the point that, even if he's playing a character, at least it's a likeable character. The producers' favouritism of him still bothers me though eg how his mother is treated on the eviction shows at the expense of the other housemates' loved ones.

I dont like ben because he is a lazy lazy man who had to even be pushed into learning how to fry a veggie burger patty in the house.

He relies on other people to do everything for him. Hell Tahan had to make his pancakes for him.

People might find this "endearing" or "cute" but i find it selfish and think he is the equivalent of an 8 year old child ...

I don't dislike Ben but he seems really fake. He acts like a child so people will treat him like a child and that way he doesn't have any responsibilities. I'm sure he's a very nice person and he is fairly entertaining to watch, but I don't like the act he's putting on.

Yeah I don't mind him. Sometimes I really like him. Sometimes I find him annoying. Sometimes I wonder if its an act. I liked the latest bonding stuff with the guys and while there were playing tricks on him (the onion throwing was hilarious as was the bedroom stuff) it all seems to be doing in a kind / fun way without mean intent.

I just don't 'get' Ben yet. Happy for him to stick around longer tho

I don't hate Ben. Not my favourite housemate but at least he's not horrible like many of the others.
Yes, he's annoying and self absorbed at times but entertaining and a real sweetie at others.
One of the few housemates who actually seems nice and not bitchy or scheming.

I haven't a clue just thrilled it's a new top post not about hate or that other creature.

BEn's growing on me tho I will say.

I haven't a clue just thrilled it's a new thread not about hate or that other creature.

BEn's growing on me tho I will say.

Yeah, a bit of a haven, isn't it?

Ben will be there in the final two with Tim.
He deserves it - one of the few decent people in there.

Yeah, a bit of a haven, isn't it?

Ben will be there in the final two with Tim.
He deserves it - one of the few decent people in there.

He's started "kind of" taking care of himself, so that fills the "growth" check box.
He's humorous "most times" without being overpowering.
The only time his behavior has offended me, was the burst pink ball scene.
His crying scene with Jade in the kitchen seemed most sincere, I think he needed that cry.

This is the kind of stuff that turns me off: "Ben also rises - albeit slowly - making half-hearted comments that he might go and help milk the cow. He then hears that the other HMs are taking care of it. “Anyway, back to sleep,” he says.

Has he ever milked Buttercup? Does he ever DO anything in the house to help out? The only time we've seen him pitch in was when Tim basically forced him to. And he apparently can't even be fussed to wash his clothes as we learned in that conversation with Tim yesterday so wtf is he doing all day? I can be sloth-like with the best of them but blatant laziness just shits me to no end. Especially when I'm convinced the whole "I can't cook my veggie burgers, I can't chop vegetables, blah blah blah" is a total put on.

Yeah he does come across as lazy and quite useless but at least he's reasonably likeable.

His crying scene with Jade in the kitchen seemed most sincere, I think he needed that cry.

That was really sweet.

Back