Skip to main content

Why doesn't Ed like Jade though?

Having been off sick from work for a few days I've been rewatching the start of the series on YouTube, and what's funny to me is that it's obvious he had a thing for her while she was supposed to be married to Drew, but the moment he found out she was actually single he completely freaked out and told anyone that would listen that he wasn't attracted to her at all. When Jade was speaking Italian during dinner one night, Ed looked incredibly impressed and said to Drew "I can see why you married her". Even Drew said that he felt like Ed was trying to "crack onto his misses".

I remember that. It is a shame so many people have chosen to forget that in their desire to call her pathetic, obsessed, deluded, etc. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves that even a model can't get the guy.

She's not really good looking to me. She has a nice body but this won't last long. I think he's probably gay.

I don't think she's good looking either.

This is something that'll get hot oil tipped on me from people on here. However, did you see her mother in the audience? They look exactly the same, except her mum had dark hair and didn't have a bikini model model. I don't mean to be Tahan, but she wasn't the best looking lady.

I remember that. It is a shame so many people have chosen to forget that in their desire to call her pathetic, obsessed, deluded, etc. I guess it makes them feel better about themselves that even a model can't get the guy.

Ed telling Drew he has a great missus or whatever means squat. Just because you're impressed by someone doesn't necessarily mean you're attracted to them. She has acted pathetic and a bit obsessive and a bit deluded. It's been frustrating to watch.

Ed is incredibly vein and superficial. The whole nice guy thing is a shtick because he loves people saying shit like he's prince charming.

Spot on. This is at the CORE to Eds character. Understand this and you'll pretty much figure out the rest.

On the outside he'd just fuck Jade and cast her off.

When had said to Jade that he would go on "a" date with her I imagine this is what he is thinking.
ED more so than any of the housemates (possibly Caleb too) is looking forward to life on the outside where every weekend will be like an end of season footy trip....have loads of people patting your back, take heaps of photos with young girls in clubs and then top the night off by taking home and fucking the most gullible one.

Really though he wants a girl that he thinks could match how amazing he is.

How amazing he 'thinks' he is.
I suspect ED comes from a very 'socially ambitious' family and having played AFL and gotten into a financial management career with a 'top end of town' firm, ED is very aware of social status considerations and I don't think Jade quite fits. Madeline is perhaps a better fit in this regard. EDs perfect girl has 'trophy wife' looks, is smart but not smarter than him, preferably comes from a family of some note and wealth, and is someone as 'socially ambitious' as he is.

There could be countless reasons. Why does anyone find one person attractive and not another? It's not something you can quantify. Quite frankly, I find it really annoying that anyone would assume that just because a girl is blonde and thin that every man on the planet is going to find her wildly attractive.

Yes, Yes and Yes.

let's face it, she's a bit of a drip. Ed fancies himself as someone who's quite sophisticated, and I take him for a bit of a social snob. I think his ideal woman is a smart, professional corporate type - ie. not Jade.

I don't think Ed sees himself as 'everyday people', rather he sees himself as something 'more' and I don't think he would settle for someone like Jade who I have no doubt he sees as nothing more than a nice giwl with a great body but an average face, no money and no career and therefore not much of a boost to him socially, she'd be great if all he was after though was a simple 'village girl' to make wednesday night roasts and pump out a litter of kids with.

she's not really exhibiting any exceptional intelligence. In the house she comes across as a bit dim, aimless career-wise...and socially I don't think she'd be impressing people with any sparkling wit at dinner parties. I do believe Ed thinks he's better than Jade, .

I actually think ED would be quite embarrassed of Jade in his ambitious social circles where Jades looks, money, career (or lack thereof) may not stack with the other mens WAGs. I think he knew VERY early on that she could NEVER be anything other than a footy trip fuck hence his awkwardness whenever Jade speaks of a post BB "us".

I get that he's not interested. But most men would be - she is a nice person, she doesn't have a strong challenging personality but then again, neither does Ed, she is blonde and most men love blondes, a model and speaks fluent Italian. Does he honestly think he can do better? Why do you think he's not interested in her? What would the reason be? I think it's nasty that people are mocking her when really he should not sleep in her bed or make out with her if he doesn't like her as more than a friend. I can't see why she likes him.

Ed is secretly into Ben. That's the gist of it!

PS. i don't think the mole/wart on the face helps either.

Ed is not Prince Charming though. I reckon he's as boring as a Ken doll. Mikkayla, Tim and Drew are all vastly more intellectually switched on. I see him as an AFL stereotype and PhatBeats, I reckon you're right about the social climbing - I know loads of people like this. I would choose Tim over Ed any day - funny and smart.

Jade reckons she has nothing to offer.. I reckon she could study to be an interpreter if she worked at it

I see on the blog that EDs creepy family has running that they have made note of how ED has gone from calling Jade just a friend to now 'special friend'....I guess this is there attempt to win save votes for ED by making the public think "lets save ED to see his relationship with Jade grow"...Yeah right !

Take it from me having played football (not AFL) from the age of 5 through to 32....when a footy player refers to a girl as a 'special friend' then he means "I'll fuck her every now and then but thats about it".

....when a footy player refers to a girl as a 'special friend' then he means "I'll fuck her every now and then but thats about it".

I think that much has been established by now, from the horses mouth (Ed) no less. At no stage has Ed been disingenuous with Jade and led her on to believe that she's anything more than a booty call to him. He hasn't passed on that message across that bluntly for obvious reasons but I think it's reasonable to assume that a girl with half a brain would get the gist of where he stands.

But for reasons only known to Jade, she has misinterpreted that to mean he's playing hard to get, go figure. Is it any wonder so many women become embittered after been used and abused by 'handsome' cads when a guy like Ed who has been upfront with Jade from the start still can't get such a simple message across her little head?

Last edited:
Interesting comment by Drew when talking to Tim in the kitchen today. He said something along the lines of Ed let his guard down last night and had fun but this morning he was back to his staid self. I think this is what he was doing with Jade in the early days. He lets loose on Friday nights with her but the next day he puts his game face back on. Apparently his sister spent hours on Skype with him before the show advising him not to hook up, so I think early on he was trying to his best to follow her advice. Jade was persistent and he gave in to his feelings in the end.

I think that much has been established by now, from the horses mouth (Ed) no less. At no stage has Ed been disingenuous with Jade and led her on to believe that she's anything more than a booty call to him. He hasn't passed on that message across that bluntly for obvious reasons but I think it's reasonable to assume that a girl with half a brain would get the gist of where he stands.

But for reasons only known to Jade, she has misinterpreted that to mean he's playing hard to get, go figure. Is it any wonder so many women become embittered after been used and abused by 'handsome' cads when a guy like Ed who has been upfront with Jade from the start still can't get such a simple message across her little head?

Jade has been a fool but Ed should recognise that. He's treating her like she totally gets it and it's so obvious she doesn't. I'm pretty sure he knowns they're on totally different pages and the decent thing to do would be not kiss her at all, not share a bed with her and tell her straight up it's not happening in a coherent manner.

I see on the blog that EDs creepy family has running that they have made note of how ED has gone from calling Jade just a friend to now 'special friend'....I guess this is there attempt to win save votes for ED by making the public think "lets save ED to see his relationship with Jade grow"...Yeah right !

Take it from me having played football (not AFL) from the age of 5 through to 32....when a footy player refers to a girl as a 'special friend' then he means "I'll fuck her every now and then but thats about it".

Ed's family have made themselves into a spectacle! At first I thought it was cool getting an identical twin perspective. Then something turned. They are truly mean seeded people. Even though BY NO MEANS am I a Jade/Ed fan, but good gravy, the boy has helped make this mess. We can only imagine, if Ed could write what he's saying when he goes into pure babble mode, that their words would probably speak for him. That being said, even though they support their family member, those people are the most idiotic family, as a whole, I've ever seen.

and with the bolded part of this statement, YES I do believe you are correct and can completely see this as being a TRUE statement, in general.

Jade has been a fool but Ed should recognise that. He's treating her like she totally gets it and it's so obvious she doesn't. I'm pretty sure he knowns they're on totally different pages and the decent thing to do would be not kiss her at all, not share a bed with her and tell her straight up it's not happening in a coherent manner.

I can't really put much blame on Ed's end. Every time they have that 'ship' conversation, Jade nods in full agreement with Ed's expectations that is just a casual physical fling and nothing more.

It's Jade that's in denial by then proceeding to misinterpret Ed's words and actions as someone that's scared to commit to something more serious because of the surreal setting that is the BB house or whatever silly reasons she makes up to justify her obsession with him.

I can't really put much blame on Ed's end. Every time they have that 'ship' conversation, Jade nods in full agreement with Ed's expectations that is just a casual physical fling and nothing more.

It's Jade that's in denial by then proceeding to misinterpret Ed's words and actions as someone that's scared to commit to something more serious because of the surreal setting that is the BB house or whatever silly reasons she makes up to justify her obsession with him.

I agree that she definitely should have read the signs much better than she has but I guess her reason for pursuing 'something more' is because she feels like they are making progress relationship wise. In his view maybe he does see it as a casual fling. But that perspective puts him at fault too for taking advantage of a young girl with unrealistic expectations who's made it clear that she wants something more from him, to the point that they all laugh at her continual pursuit of him.

I don't know where you're from kitty1 but from where I'm from Jade is not considered to be a 'little' girl. For goodness sakes the girl is only 2 years younger than Ed. She's a full grown woman who should know better.

Back