Skip to main content

Why doesn't Ed like Jade though?

Does anyone think that Ambrosio would have Heidi's garrulous personality? Um, no

People who are still saying he doesn't like her are ignoring the past 3 weeks of the show.. he even said to BB that they've moved from friends to special friends.
Who knows if anything will come of it, I suspect not, it doesn't have to be 'oh let's get married' but I think he honestly does like her.

I give no credence to anything Ed says in the DR or elsewhere. NOTHING will come of it... you can bet your house on it and pay me a hefty commission :)

Because she is very desperate. Guys dont like girls throwing themselves at them "when is right right to say I love you?" I think.

This is more true than even most desperate GUYS would readily admit. Your reference to 'when is the right time to tell a guy that you love him' - is that when Jade sought counsel with the oh so experienced SS in matters of love? Another chapter better confined to the pages of history. Pathetic.

He said he's never dated blondes. Doesn't like blondes..I think it's as shallow as that cos he never showed interest in her..couldn't look past the blonde hair. I personally love blonde hair but some people really dislike it.

I don't believe it. No matter how much you prefer brunettes, if a gorgeous blonde offers her love to you - sincerely - you knock her back because of the colour of her hair?

The boy has childhood issues. Maybe the first doll mum gave him had dark hair and he's never gotten over it.

What a sick world we live in :p

He said that she's not his type and that he likes brunettes with Heidi's personality.

View attachment 33827

Alessandra Ambrosio is his ideal woman.

Thats close enough in my books. potato/potarto (added the r to make it obvious that they sound different lol)

Honestly I have no idea. I kinda through right away he liked her though. That first kiss when she was up for eviction, that was the start and that was all him, no drinks, no dare, just Ed. There have also been some moments where he seemed really swept up in her (second late night feast bed room kiss, it was all in his eyes and how he grabbed her).

I could be wrong but Its always looked to me like he is that into her and she is not a stupid girl most the time and can be pretty cluey with people so I believe he is sending her those same signals.

Who knows. Guess we will see, pretty sure she wont want after she gets to see what we have seen though. Fingers crossed that happens BEFORE the baby. ;) Although the baby would be bloody gorgeous!! lol

I'll never understand people who pick someone by their hair colour or eye colour or something, however, like has been mentioned I doubt it is because she's not his type (I think they could maybe work - he seems like he wouldn't put a lot into the relo, while jade makes up for it by putting a lot in), I think it's game strategy.

Look Jade is a nice looking gal and all but she has the personality of a wet blanket (vapid, entitled, vacuous and superficial in other words) and comes across as someone that looks to guys to solve her life problems and make her happy; a kind of gold digger so-to-speak. And very little to offer potential partners besides her 'prettiness' which is subjective anyway as I don't find her that attractive to begin with.

That is not the type of girl guy's are generally interested in starting a relationship with. She's good for one wild passionate night in the sack 'cos she's nice and looking and all but for anything else... she's got to much baggage and the other points I've mentioned for her to be worth it.

I kinda through right away he liked her though. That first kiss when she was up for eviction, that was the start and that was all him, no drinks, no dare, just Ed.

Having been off sick from work for a few days I've been rewatching the start of the series on YouTube, and what's funny to me is that it's obvious he had a thing for her while she was supposed to be married to Drew, but the moment he found out she was actually single he completely freaked out and told anyone that would listen that he wasn't attracted to her at all. When Jade was speaking Italian during dinner one night, Ed looked incredibly impressed and said to Drew "I can see why you married her". Even Drew said that he felt like Ed was trying to "crack onto his misses".

Eh, he just isn't. There isn't a clear formula for these things. I've had people who are perfect on paper, ie, good looking, nice, good family etc, and the chemistry just isn't there. I've actually tried to make myself attracted to them, which totally doesn't work, btw.

I'm sure it doesn't help that BB is such an artificial environment, and he has created this Prince Charming persona which he wants to maintain.

There could be countless reasons. Why does anyone find one person attractive and not another? It's not something you can quantify. Quite frankly, I find it really annoying that anyone would assume that just because a girl is blonde and thin that every man on the planet is going to find her wildly attractive. It takes all kinds, all shapes and sizes.

I did think Jade was a nice girl until her "Tahan-in-the-hole" comment, but let's face it, she's a bit of a drip. Ed fancies himself as someone who's quite sophisticated, and I take him for a bit of a social snob. I think his ideal woman is a smart, professional corporate type - ie. not Jade. Jade might be smart, but she's not really exhibiting any exceptional intelligence. In the house she comes across as a bit dim, aimless career-wise (again, this might just be a strategy she's using - as Ben is), and socially I don't think she'd be impressing people with any sparkling wit at dinner parties. I do believe Ed thinks he's better than Jade, which is debatable. Physically, she might just not be his type if he likes brunettes, and he and Matt had a convo once about how they didn't think Jade had an attractive face. So there's your answer.

I get that he's not interested. But most men would be - she is a nice person, she doesn't have a strong challenging personality but then again, neither does Ed, she is blonde and most men love blondes, a model and speaks fluent Italian. Does he honestly think he can do better? Why do you think he's not interested in her? What would the reason be? I think it's nasty that people are mocking her when really he should not sleep in her bed or make out with her if he doesn't like her as more than a friend. I can't see why she likes him.

On paper Jade is the perfect girl, but in practise there's just something not quite right about her. Very hard to exactly explain what, but I'll try - Its like you build up a car and use all the best parts available, no expense spared. But when you're done you take it for a drive around the block and it just doesn't live up to expectations, it doesn't feel right.

In contrast, Tully sounds fucked up on paper, but in practise I find her PERFECT.

I get that he's not interested. But most men would be - she is a nice person, she doesn't have a strong challenging personality but then again, neither does Ed, she is blonde and most men love blondes, a model and speaks fluent Italian. Does he honestly think he can do better? Why do you think he's not interested in her? What would the reason be? I think it's nasty that people are mocking her when really he should not sleep in her bed or make out with her if he doesn't like her as more than a friend. I can't see why she likes him.

You're missing the key ingredient to any relationship "chemistry" whether it be friendships or romance you need that spark that keeps us all interested. Ed said it himself in one of the LF's this morning when talking about Tim & Boog "they're too similar".

Still cannot wrap my head around the concept that Ed is the hottest of the hot. He is most certainly good looking a solid 8/10 but the way everyone in the house, and even the audience fawns over him is confusing to me. To me he doesn't have any striking features, anything unique or interesting about his face, its just handsome. Which congrats for him as he's racked in da biddiz!

Looks aside, Ed doesn't seem to have much chemistry with Jade, which is no ones fault. On top of that, as a guy, I can tell you that someone actively offering themselves up, not playing hard to get can get boring. Jade is too available in my eyes. Most men like a bit of a hunt and shes basically shot herself in the leg, after falling into a bear trap, tying herself up while waiting for the hunter to arrive.

Jade is not a natural blonde as you can see by her mother having very dark hair and just by looking at Jade's roots! :) Interestingly both Jade and Ed hold back and are frightened of being themselves so in that way they have that in common but usually opposites attract. Ed needs someone to make him feel he can come out of himself as does Jade. They cancel one another out although sexually attracted.

Perhaps if Jade stopped bleaching her hair and realised she has so much going for her and gather strength in that and just find things other than desperately want to start a family to occupy her perfectly sharp mind.....then men would be knocking down her door.

Ed is incredibly vein and superficial. The whole nice guy thing is a shtick because he loves people saying shit like he's prince charming. We've seen that he has a dark and mean side come through on the show. He had his Walter White, 'I watched Jane Die' moment with Tully when he was a bit drunk a while back.

On the outside he'd just fuck Jade and cast her off. He's inside the house, isolated and so he's stuck a bit. A bit stir crazy. He also loves the attention, loves being told how awesome he is. How he's prince charming and perfect.

Really though he wants a girl that he thinks could match how amazing he is. Unrealistic standards. Hence why he described his type by citing a supermodel. Which is an unattainable goal. Ed probably things only a super model is all he should settle for. That's why he didn't describe, 'tall thin, brunette' ect.

She's not really good looking to me. She has a nice body but this won't last long. I think he's probably gay.

Really though he wants a girl that he thinks could match how amazing he is. Unrealistic standards. Hence why he described his type by citing a supermodel. Which is an unattainable goal. Ed probably things only a super model is all he should settle for. That's why he didn't describe, 'tall thin, brunette' ect.

He has said he'd want his girlfriend to be perfect. I know people like this with very high standards...these people are always single, never dating. It's quite funny to watch.

Back