Skip to main content

Why doesn't Ed like Jade though?

N

Nang72

I get that he's not interested. But most men would be - she is a nice person, she doesn't have a strong challenging personality but then again, neither does Ed, she is blonde and most men love blondes, a model and speaks fluent Italian. Does he honestly think he can do better? Why do you think he's not interested in her? What would the reason be? I think it's nasty that people are mocking her when really he should not sleep in her bed or make out with her if he doesn't like her as more than a friend. I can't see why she likes him.

He doesn't want the publicity around it when he gets out. Little does he know that his attempts to resist have generated even more from it. Other than that I got no idea, he could just want to keep his options open for the swarm of adoring girls outside the house

I don't get why people carry on about Ed's looks. He's not bad or anything but nothing more than you'd see in the average Grecian 2000 ad, or a Big W catalogue.
But Jade, I think Ed didn't want such an early onset showmance because it would limit his role to being the boyfriend. So far, he's lucky to have that even.
I think he's an alright bloke but yeh..

I've got a couple of reasons:

1. He is doing it for the game. He knows very well that couples are more in threat of evictions (he's seen the past seasons and he took notes well). So if he started to have a relationship with her in the house, he will more likely to be evicted soon. He knows that all too well.

2. He just doesn't find her too attractive perhaps and that she isn't his type? From a gay point of view, I think that she's perfectly stunning. If I were straight and she was digging me, she'd be my wife in a second - totally my type of girl (even Nathan said he'd go straight for her). Maybe Ed really is into brunettes as he says he is - perhaps women resembling Rachel McAdams, Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman...

3. Jade has a weird resemblance to his sister. Seriously, Ed's sister (seen on eviction show) looked more like she could related to Jade than Ed. Maybe he sees Jade as being too similar-looking looking to his sister? From what I hear people wouldn't go for those resembling a family member.

4. He's probably gay? Yeah, yeah, an immature one. But it happens -- Lots of 'hard' men like him go far in life, having wife and kids, and never come out because of the stigma (a masculine rough guy is sleeping with men - ohhh loooorrrddd!). What they'd do is, go out to gay bars, sleep with a man and come back home to their wife. It's sad.

I think its more to do with his family's plan going into the house. You cant give away a date to a guy who is taken after all. :p

I think he does like her and I think he is accepting it as time goes. I still want him gone though because he makes Jade look bad which is stupid because I think he does like her which makes her not desperate and clingy and she clearly wasnt accepting no for an answer because he never said no. :p

You cant tell a dog to stay while pulling its lead. Just saying. ;)

There isn't always a reason not to like someone. I think Jade just isn't Ed's type. He could be gay but I think it's more likely that he's just not into her.

People who are still saying he doesn't like her are ignoring the past 3 weeks of the show.. he even said to BB that they've moved from friends to special friends.
Who knows if anything will come of it, I suspect not, it doesn't have to be 'oh let's get married' but I think he honestly does like her.

Because she is very desperate. Guys dont like girls throwing themselves at them "when is right right to say I love you?" I think.

He said he's never dated blondes. Doesn't like blondes..I think it's as shallow as that cos he never showed interest in her..couldn't look past the blonde hair. I personally love blonde hair but some people really dislike it.

I don't get why people carry on about Ed's looks. He's not bad or anything but nothing more than you'd see in the average Grecian 2000 ad, or a Big W catalogue."

Yeah, he is innocuous to me. And it's like a Big W underwear model telling Claudia Schiffer that he's just not that into her

People who are still saying he doesn't like her are ignoring the past 3 weeks of the show.. he even said to BB that they've moved from friends to special friends.
Who knows if anything will come of it, I suspect not, it doesn't have to be 'oh let's get married' but I think he honestly does like her.
He's so reluctant though. He tends to mumble most of the time, so it can be hard to understand what he's saying, but from what I can understand, he keeps saying that he doesn't want her to think that their relationship is more than it is. He thinks they're just hooking up every so often in the house as friends, but obviously Jade wants more. It isn't fair for him to keep leading her on when he knows that she likes him a lot more than he likes her.

Angel is spot on. He knows what they've been doing and thus must act on his part of the bargain, although IMO not a very good act.

He said he's never dated blondes. Doesn't like blondes..I think it's as shallow as that cos he never showed interest in her..couldn't look past the blonde hair. I personally love blonde hair but some people really dislike it.
I agree, I love blonde hair! I thinks it's beautiful!

He's so reluctant though. He tends to mumble most of the time, so it can be hard to understand what he's saying, but from what I can understand, he keeps saying that he doesn't want her to think that their relationship is more than it is. He thinks they're just hooking up every so often in the house as friends, but obviously Jade wants more. It isn't fair for him to keep leading her on when he knows that she likes him a lot more than he likes her.

Exactly this.

He said that she's not his type and that he likes brunettes with Heidi's personality.

alessandra-ambrosio--z.jpg

Alessandra Ambrosio is his ideal woman.

Back