Skip to main content

Why doesn't Ed like Jade though?

They are rather alike, both uptight with boring personalties or lack of, both like to think they are the good guys of this world, both have no sense of humour - or very little.
Both are dags, both are a bit dim - both of them need a much more lively partner, both physically very attractive.

And for such physically attractive people they are remarkably charisma free. They are dull.

Both have quite healthy egos they hide mostly, thus Jade cannot accept rejection and Ed cannot accept Jade.

At no stage has Ed been disingenuous with Jade and led her on to believe that she's anything more than a booty call to him. He hasn't passed on that message across that bluntly for obvious reasons but I think it's reasonable to assume that a girl with half a brain would get the gist of where he stands.

But for reasons only known to Jade, she has misinterpreted that to mean he's playing hard to get, go figure. Is it any wonder so many women become embittered after been used and abused by 'handsome' cads when a guy like Ed who has been upfront with Jade from the start still can't get such a simple message across her little head?

I agree. I do think however that essentially the problem is still one of Eds making....sure Jade is simply too thick (generally nice but thick) to 'get the gist' as you say, unfortunately then the onus is STILL ON ED to endeavour to make the point clear which he has not done. I suspect Ed couldn't figure out a way to let her down gently but conclusively for fear of it all going pear shaped and him looking bad to the general voting viewer...we do after all hold that $250,000 cheque that he wants so bad. So Ed has the taken the easy way out....avoid a potentially damaging (to him) showdown with Jade and just go with it. It's funny that Jade has taken his recent 'increased affection' and time with Ed as a sign of them getting closer rather than seeing it for what it is...Ed's ploy to stay in the house a little longer now that his 3 mates Matt, Caleb and Heidi are gone.

Not sure who made the call, but it was someone on this forum and it rings so incredibly true......you can't yell at a dog to sit and expect it to sit if you're pulling its leash !

Jade has been a fool but Ed should recognise that. He's treating her like she totally gets it and it's so obvious she doesn't. I'm pretty sure he knowns they're on totally different pages and the decent thing to do would be not kiss her at all, not share a bed with her and tell her straight up it's not happening in a coherent manner.

HE knows they're on totally different pages....she doesn't.
HE knows she doesn't but is too gutless to let her down conclusively.
HE has also seen a good use for HER since all his mates have been evicted.

Prince Charming, the Special One...is a fairly transparent boy.

I don't know where you're from kitty1 but from where I'm from Jade is not considered to be a 'little' girl. For goodness sakes the girl is only 2 years younger than Ed. She's a full grown woman who should know better.

I said young girl. Lol. And he's like 27, she's in her early 20's. This is an important consideration experience-wise in relationships. She has unrealistic expectations of Ed that stem from the 'Prince Charming' persona that he has created and that she is blinded by.
These kinds of scenarios happen all the time and as much as a lot of people hate what Ed is doing and think that she should know better, if you think someone is the 'perfect' person for you - as she thinks so in this case - you'd be happy to be at their side in any form so she's happy that their relationship is making any kind of progress. This is why she continues her pursuit.

I get that he's not interested. But most men would be - she is a nice person, she doesn't have a strong challenging personality but then again, neither does Ed, she is blonde and most men love blondes, a model and speaks fluent Italian. Does he honestly think he can do better? Why do you think he's not interested in her? What would the reason be? I think it's nasty that people are mocking her when really he should not sleep in her bed or make out with her if he doesn't like her as more than a friend. I can't see why she likes him.

She likes the idea of Ed, not the man himself. He has to play along because he's being watched and he doesn't want to come across as a douche (oops too late). But if the attraction isn't there, it isn't there. She seems lovely but he doesn't have to reciprocate her feelings. And he's gay.......for Tim.

Back