Skip to main content

Why does Tahan keep getting favourable editing?

Personally i like Tahan, but sometimes when i see her nasty side, it is just a massive turn off. If you watch the LIVE feeds on the BB website, Tahan is in a large amount of the footage. Maybe she is photogenic or just entertaining, who knows. But Tahan does receive a lot of aire time compared to her fellow HM's,

Simple reason, and it's really easy to observe too - Tahan doesn't lay about half the day, she's running around doing stuff.
This is partly why those girls envy her

including Tim.
Maybe BB producer has the hots for her LMAO

2013 BB wont ever go down as one of the best seasons ever - this season has turned into a daily soap opera, rather then a reality show.

.........................................................................................................................

Only one nominated housemate had there review package screened prior to the voting lines being closed last night. Guess who it was? Tahan.

You do realise tahan has been shown to be bitching from last nights show and all day today, right? I wouldn't say this is favourable editing... Just saying

Thats exactly why she is getting special privileges. Tahan gets the most diary room coverage (next to Tim). She gets to answer questions like "how has big brother changed you as a person" (to redeem herself from being nasty). She gets to put on a crying act in front of big brother (to show she is vulnerable for those who buy it).

Who else gets to do this on national TV?
woow You read my mind and wrote it as it should be

Ok, this is not about whether we like Tahan or not (there are enough of those threads).

It is a look at how she is portrayed on screen compared to other HMs. Yes, all those segments that are shown for no other reason than to exaggerate Tahan's vulnerability and underdog persona.

Here are some examples:

1. A few weeks in, they spent 10 minutes re-airing parts of her BB introduction montage even though it is old footage. No other HM got this. It painted her as a girl next door from Darwin who is positive and fun loving. No mention of her bullying despite the fact that she was nasty towards the sugar sisters.

2. The segment where BB made her dress like the sugar sisters and become friends, while funny, only made Tahan look good at the expense of the sisters.

3. The "mean girl who is more than meets the eye" montage. Another prime time segment to paint Tahan as a cool girl who is down to earth. Lot's of bikini scenes as usual. Did not show her nasty side. Again, no other HM got a montage that episode.

4. The "Tahan is the most nominated" montage. We are led to believe that because she is the most nominated, it makes her the underdog. Nothing could be further from the truth.

5. The "I am too honest" narrative that keeps getting repeated. Viewers now think Tahan = honest. If there was a superpower persona, this is it. It is effectively giving her a free pass to treat people badly and get away with it.
Yeah she HONESTLY beleives that she is better than everyone else and she is competitive. But thats where the honesty ends. What she shows is not honesty, but a complete lack of regard for other people. True honesty requires self reflection and emotional maturity,
neither of which she has.

6. Sonia's exit interview with the Sugar Sisters was particularly telling. She tried to paint the rivalry as 2 sided when everything showed it was Tahan doing all the bullying.
Then Sonia asked leading questions like: "Why did Tahan call you dumb?" and "Why do you think Tahan didn't like you". The sisters never got a chance to say what they really thought of Tahan.

7. The crying scene last week when she thought that Jade wanted to bury her. Regardless of what really happened, the result was overwhelmingly positive for Tahan.

Edit: more examples:

8. Tahan is featured the most in big brother TV commercials, counting before AND during the series

9. When Tahan does something nasty, they focus on other people bitching about her but not show what Tahan did. Wow, I almost believe that Tahan was the victim!
Eg, The night when Tahan impersonated Mikkayla eating and made fun of her body size, the viewers only saw Mikkayla bitching with Jade the next day. It wasn't until later on that we are shown what Tahan did, (and it was probably heavily censored).

Eg, Jade in the nominations talk about how Tahan is always making mean comments and covering up with "just kidding", but they don't show Tahan actually doing it.

I LOVE this post. I have wondered about the same things. Why are they painting her as the poor, misunderstood, picked-on underdog? She is anything but! She is a bully, a nasty, backstabbing, selfish, cunning, vicious & hateful person. She shows no regard for other peoples feelings. She is rude & obnoxious.

The ONLY reason I can see, for people liking her, is because she is beautiful. She is gorgeous to look at. Pretty on the outside but ugly on the inside. It just shows how shallow people can be. Heidi was similar to Tahan in personality but she didn't have Tahans looks. And what happened to Heidi?!

Ok, this is not about whether we like Tahan or not (there are enough of those threads).

It is a look at how she is portrayed on screen compared to other HMs. Yes, all those segments that are shown for no other reason than to exaggerate Tahan's vulnerability and underdog persona.

Here are some examples:

1. In around the 4th week, they re-aired her BB intro "girl next door from Darwin" clip even though it is old footage. No other HM got this. The montage had no mention of her bullying despite the fact that she was nasty towards the sugar sisters.

2. The "mean girl who is more than meets the eye" clips. They aired a clip dedicated to Tahan as sexy, cool down to earth. To this date I have seen no other housemate get such a favourable compilation clip.

3. The segment where BB made her dress like the sugar sisters and become friends, while funny, only made Tahan look good at the expense of the sisters.

4. The "Tahan is the most nominated" clips. We are led to believe that because she is the most nominated, it makes her the underdog. Nothing could be further from the truth.

5. The "I am too honest" narrative! I didn't think people will buy it but I was wrong. If there was a superpower persona, this is it. It is effectively giving her a free pass to treat people badly and get away with it.

There is a difference between honesty and a total lack of regard for other people's feelings. True honesty requires self reflection and a level of emotional maturity, neither of which she has.

6. Sonia's exit interview with the Sugar Sisters was particularly telling. Sonia tried to show the rivalry between Tahan and the sisters as 2 sided when in reality, the bullying was only done by 1 side.
Sonia then asked: "Why do you think Tahan didn't like you?". The sisters never got a chance to tell their side of the story.

7. The crying scene last week when she thought that Jade wanted to bury her. Regardless of what really happened, the result was overwhelmingly positive for Tahan.

8. Tahan is featured the most in big brother TV commercials, counting before AND during the series

9. They always show other people bitching about Tahan but do not show Tahan's nastiness. It makes Tahan look like the victim when in fact there was probably a good reason why people talk bad about her.

Eg, The night when Tahan impersonated Mikkayla eating and made fun of her body size, the viewers only saw Mikkayla bitching with Jade the next day. It wasn't until later on that we are shown what Tahan did, (and it was probably heavily censored).

Eg, Jade in the nominations talk about how Tahan is always making mean comments and covering up with "just kidding", but they don't show Tahan actually doing it.

Everyone gets a favour, Ben did, Drew did, Tim does .... Tahan should too

Everyone gets a favour, Ben did, Drew did, Tim does .... Tahan should too

I'm not sure I agree that everyone does - Ben yes; Ed-yes; I guess you could claim that Jade got the ANTM thing to watch, but that wasn't really a favour more of an advertisement. Tim gets plenty of airtime, but that's because of what he does & the fact that he goes to the DR ALL the time to voice his thoughts. What favours have others really had?

Each housemate that has been on the block gets a summary reminder

"Favorable Edits":

Ben - skit acting as BB Brother's secretary; for his birthday got to meet his idols and celebrities Bert & Patti while everyone else got cake for theirs; tons of airtime of him talking to him mum and nana; tons of airtime tugging at heartstrings because he's unemployed and has nothing to go back to.
Ed - practically an entire episode dedicated to his date with Jade; numerous clips of house mates gushing how he's Mr. Perfect
Drully - were in every episode gushing how they loved each other with that awful sax music playing in the background
Drade - they tried to make that happen and dedicated lots of airtime to them
Tim - his rocks, his jacket, free ice cream, kiss with (was it katie or lucy?), how he's managed to get rid of everyone he finds threatening (except Tahan)
Mikayla - The cat with nine lives, the best cook in the house, she missed her dogs, so BB gave her Mr. Clooney (this is HUGE), the smart school teacher (onomatopoeia), the poor little girl with body image issues, the poor little girl who hated being Asian, so she compensates through self-deprecating humor and reinforcing the Asian massage parlor stereotypes, her laugh (how cute), her active sex life...episode in fairly land with Nathan
Sugar Sisters - Sorry, but I can't even come up with all the favorable edits they received, because the sugary content is giving me cavities. Did Lucy ever speak?

As for Tahan, trust me she's had more than her fair share of unfavorable edits, else there would not be so much hate leveled at her. One of which is the incident when she made fun of Mikkayla's eating habits.

Each one of them has had different privileges, good edits and bad ones. Hard to compare apples to oranges but at the end of the day...they're all fruits!

Last edited by a moderator:

"Favorable Edits":

Ben - skit acting as BB Brother; for his birthday got to meet his idols and celebrities Bert & Patti while everyone else got cake for theirs; tons of airtime of him talking to him mum and nana; tons of airtime tugging at heartstrings because he's unemployed and has nothing to go back to.
Ed - practically an entire episode dedicated to his date with Jade; numerous clips of house mates gushing how he's Mr. Perfect
Drully - were in every episode gushing how they loved each other with that awful sax music playing in the background
Tim - his rocks, his jacket, free ice cream, kiss with (was it katie or lucy?), how he's managed to get rid of everyone he finds threatening (except Tahan)
Mikayla - The cat with nine lives, the best cook in the house, she missed her dogs, so BB gave her Mr. Clooney (this is HUGE), the smart school teacher (onomatopoeia), the poor little girl with body image issues, the poor little girl who hated being Asian, so she compensates through self-deprecating humor and reinforcing the Asian massage parlor stereotypes, her laugh (how cute), her active sex life...episode in fairly land with Nathan
Sugar Sisters - Sorry, but I can't even come up with all the favorable edits they received, because the sugary content is giving me cavities. Did Lucy ever speak?

As for Tahan, trust me she's had more than her fair share of unfavorable edits, else there would not be so much hate leveled at her. One of which is the incident when she made fun of Mikkayla's eating habits.

Each one of them has had different privileges, good edits and bad ones. Hard to compare apples to oranges but at the end of the day...they're all fruits!

Amen!

"Favorable Edits":

Ben - skit acting as BB Brother; for his birthday got to meet his idols and celebrities Bert & Patti while everyone else got cake for theirs; tons of airtime of him talking to him mum and nana; tons of airtime tugging at heartstrings because he's unemployed and has nothing to go back to.

tumblr_inline_ms7o3jQO6G1qz4rgp.png

Do people forget it's a game show?

Ben's stratergy for attention was doing his little ben show. Speaking to himself outloud.

Tim is playing up.

Tahan is actually pretty good at explaining things to big brother.

Part of the game is getting air time.

Some people love making lists :cool: I would argue that most of the so-called "favourable" Mikkayla edits mentioned are actually intentionally the opposite.

"Favorable Edits":

Ben - skit acting as BB Brother's secretary; for his birthday got to meet his idols and celebrities Bert & Patti while everyone else got cake for theirs; tons of airtime of him talking to him mum and nana; tons of airtime tugging at heartstrings because he's unemployed and has nothing to go back to.

Seems like a whole lot of bias here, but I do agree each housemate has had their time to shine.
But Tahan has been getting a favourable edit lately, which doesn't match up with the things she says on the Live Feed.

It is a look at how she is portrayed on screen compared to other HMs. Yes, all those segments that are shown to exaggerate Tahan's vulnerability and underdog persona.

Here are some examples:

1. In around the 4th week, they re-aired her BB intro "girl next door from Darwin" clip even though it is old footage. No other HM got this. The montage had no mention of her bullying despite the fact that she was nasty towards the sugar sisters.

2. The "mean girl who is more than meets the eye" clips. They aired a clip dedicated to Tahan as sexy, cool down to earth. To this date I have seen no other housemate get such a favourable compilation clip.

3. The segment where BB made her dress like the sugar sisters and become friends, while funny, only made Tahan look good at the expense of the sisters.

4. The "Tahan is the most nominated" clips. We are led to believe that because she is the most nominated, it makes her the underdog. Nothing could be further from the truth.

5. The "I am too honest" narrative! I didn't think people will buy it but I was wrong. If there was a superpower persona, this is it. It is effectively giving her a free pass to treat people badly and get away with it.

There is a difference between honesty and a total lack of regard for other people's feelings. True honesty requires self reflection and a level of emotional maturity, neither of which she has.

6. Sonia's exit interview with the Sugar Sisters was particularly telling. Sonia tried to show the rivalry between Tahan and the sisters as 2 sided when in reality, the bullying was only done by 1 side.
Sonia then asked: "Why do you think Tahan didn't like you?". The sisters never got a chance to tell their side of the story.

9. They always show other people bitching about Tahan but do not show Tahan's nastiness. It makes Tahan look like the victim when in fact there was a good reason why people don't like her.

Eg, Jade / Sugar Sisters / Mikkayla talk about how Tahan is always making mean comments and covering up with "just kidding", but they don't show Tahan actually doing it. A cheap way to make the other girls look bitchy.

This is obviously a thread about how much you dislike Tahan. No matter how much you try and cover it up, it is evident you don't like her.

It was about time she got a better edit. She was probably put in to be the pantomime villain, as we hear the audience jeering at her in the live shows and see twitter comments on screen against her. Being good looking and popular with the guys the producers no doubt saw her as an easy hate target for some of the female audience. But Mikkayla self-destructed with her underdog role, Jade just became a doormat and Tahan was never part of their sour clique. So the story had to change.

Back