Skip to main content

Where Are They Now?

Ex-Big Brother contestant sweet talks police and then the nation

Jenna Clarke
February 9, 2012 - 5:00AM

Dani-Pola_729-420x0.jpg

Dani Pola was called up yesterday to co-host 92.9FM's Hot 30 Countdown - just 30 minutes before the show started. Photo: Dennis McDougall.

A Perth star was born last night when Dani Pola made her national radio debut on 92.9FM’s Hot 30 Countdown.

Pola, who is better known for her stint inside the Big Brother house in 2007 and subsequent ZOO magazine and FMH covers, was heard around the nation on the Austereo Southern Cross network last night.

The longest serving Big Brother "Intruder", who is now a Perth-based entertainment reporter, received the call from radio bosses in Sydney yesterday afternoon - only 30 minutes before the show was due to start.

She co-hosted the show from the Perth studios, filling in for regular presenter Maude Garrett who was diagnosed with tonsillitis at the 11th hour.

While she risked a speeding fine and avoided losing demerit points for talking on the phone while driving, she managed to make it to the studio in time after explaining her situation to police who had pulled her over.

There are now whispers she may be up for more regular appearances on the show.

It was the first time in a number of years that a Perth-based presenter had hosted a national FM radio program.

The majority of youth stations abandoned local broadcasting for "networked" drive time and evening shows in 2006 as a way to boost ratings and cut costs after the first global economic crisis.

The daily Hamish and Andy Show was one of the first nationally syndicated shows to achieve number one ratings success around the country.

The Hot 30 Countdown airs on 92.9FM weeknights from 7.30pm

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...-the-nation-20120208-1rexu.html#ixzz1lsE6pje7

She was the one that befriended Rebecca, and came up with the 'there's a robber!' prank that Aleisha pulled on Michelle, wasn't she? I liked her. Until the self help book regurgitations wore thin, anyway.
Good on her on her new gig.

As usual the police demonstrate how completely useless they are. I don't care if she is late!! The law is the god damn law! I bet if she was driving a Honda or a Nissan or even a souped up Commodore (supposed 'hoon' vehicles) there wouldn't be any 'sweet talking'.

Get Vesna back on the show, couldn't care less about new people, would love to see her back as she is our most entertaining HM. :)

Saw Andrew from BB07 and Aleisha also on Bay Street Port Melbourne a couple of weeks back :)

(not together - Aleisha runs a salon there!)

Haven't heard a thing about Krystal in ages.....does Zoo have someone else now.......wait 5 years on maybe she is too old now.....

She was the one that befriended Rebecca, and came up with the 'there's a robber!' prank that Aleisha pulled on Michelle, wasn't she? I liked her. Until the self help book regurgitations wore thin, anyway.
Good on her on her new gig.

I don't even remember her. She entered before Zach and left before Zack but both lasted 8 weeks. I guess it depends on what day she entered and what day he did and what day the finale was but I don't remember her but sure remember Zach. She was called Daniela not Dani.

Brodie Young (bb2?) is going to be the new announcer for The Price is Right which returns on Monday. Interesting choice...

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm going to feel weird knowing I've seen him naked. (Wait. Did he shower nude? Such a boring season, I don't even remember anything beyond how obnoxious Jess and Marty were.)

Reggie is in the New Idea this week. She has seperated from her husband. Poor Reggie, I wish she could get a happy ever after.

I just read that story, Cookie. It is sad. I don't remember seeing that her 2 year old son has cystic fibrosis before either, though I guess it's just something I missed. In her photos she still looks the same but she says she is legally blind now and about to start learning to use a cane. I hope the fact that she's still newsworthy helps her out a bit financially at least.

I liked this.

While she's clearly going through a rough patch, Reggie doesn't want anyone's pity and says she is even looking forward to one day finding love again.

'[You] have to believe in some kind of love for the future, don't you? There's always someone out there for someone,' she says.

'But I'm not worried about that at the moment. I am happy to have a beer and hang out at the bowling club with the oldies!'

not sure if any of these have been posted before but ive been watching some old youtube clips and came across some interesting links

Brigitte 2008-
http://www.allhomes.com.au/ah/act/a...-property-management-canberra-city/1711364311
now sells properties?

and this appears to be her most recent myspace http://www.myspace.com/xox_brigitte.babehh_xox but she's dropped off the internet since 2010/2011.

and im guessing this is Ben McCallum from the same season - now works for iinet

http://blog.iinet.net.au/canning-vale-cricket-club-gold-sponsor/

hmm yep i think so. or wasnt the old man intruder into real estate? im totally just making stuff up.

I havent thought about half of these housemates in aaaages. Some of the videos im watching i have NO idea who the people are haha. im going to see if i can find some more links..

Back