Skip to main content

When...

1) Started watching from Season One - only one I missed was the one with Kyle & Jackie O because I can't stand them.

2& 3) I love the idea of being able to watch how humans will act under different situations. I like that the game can change at any moment. (although I think channel 9 is starting to push that a little.)

Started with series 1, this was the first of many forums I joined. all the others have folded except 1 apart from this one.

I started watching Season 6.

It was like 3-4 weeks into the season though. My sister told me about it - there was hype about it in school, so I tuned into it.

I was 14.

Last edited:
Big Brother was banned in my house because it was according to my father 'rubbish' but after relentless nagging was finally allowed to watch the Celebrity BB season in 2002 when I was 13. My first proper season was 2003, though wasn't until 2004 that I really got into it and followed more closely. That was also my first season stealthily watching the adult only shows because they were still banned.

For me BB is the best and most real reality TV format. No matter how much it may change I'll always find time for it. When it was cancelled in 2008 I turned to the UK and Spain versions for my addiction, but I'll always love our version the best!

Started watching Big Brother at season 1, skipped season 2, but resumed at season 3 and been watching BB ever since.

Season 1 Episode 1. I actually joined these forums back then as well but didn't post much and after logging back in only last year I forgot my log in and password.

I didn't watch BBAU 2007 at all as I was living in the UK but I did watch BBUK 2007.

The first season I watched properly was last years, and I was hooked. It was always banned in my household, so the only thing I could get away with watching in the channel ten days was FNL because my Mum didn't realise it was a Big Brother show. I have vague memories of the hippie van and snippets of the season with Terri, whichever that was, but I think that may have been from sneakily watching it if my parents were away.

I'm not that young by the way. My parents just really didn't like Big Brother...

I remember waiting for the first season to start with interest. I was at uni in 2001 studying political science so it wasn't the most popular show to be watching (although I seem to remember the backlash wasn't instant, it took a few weeks) but I think that's part of the reason why I watched...I've always been a contrarian, I get suspicious of anything a majority likes or dislikes (which can be dangerous!) and I think I started watching just to annoy the people around me.

Anyway, so I watched the first three seasons religiously, I have a patchy memory of Season 4, and missed Season 5 and Season 6 completely. I had a lot going on in my life at the time and I just fell off the wagon a bit. From what I've seen I don't think I missed much, but also the show is a pretty big time commitment, so there was that. I came back in for Season 7 because I knew Jamie from that season...and got re-hooked, haha.

And I continue to be surrounded by people who hate Big Brother, so I talk about it loudly to a) defy expectations; and b) shove it in their faces. =) Classy.

Started watching it from season 1. I think I was 15 when the first one started. After a couple of seasons Dad decided it was rubbish so I had to secretly watch haha. But I'm pretty sure we all watched season 4. I don't think I watched season 7&8 but then back again with season 9 and 10.

From Episode 1, Series 1.

Consuela, it sounds like you are a similar age to my son. "Everyone" at school was planning on watching it and he wanted to be part of it. I was worried and told him he could only watch it if we watched it together so we could discuss anything of concern that came up. Needless to say, within 3 weeks he was bored and I was addicted.

And that is why I have watched every series and continue to be addicted.

I started watching last year but only 'casually' and not every day. Then this year I really got into it and I watch every show and I think I'm a little too passionate about it sometimes.

1. Watched from the first Australian season. Missed the next two as I was in the UK, but watched BB4 over there. Then watched the Australian series again.

2. Well it was pretty radical television back then so I was curious, and I and a few friends got involved in it.

3. I guess I'm interested in human behaviour, not always being so good at it myself.

Since first season, interest drifted in and out around later disappointing BB's but still watched the majority of them.

I started watching from the first episode of season one and I think I've watched every season since.

I guess I started watching as it was an interesting concept. This is probably why I keep watching too. I don't know, I just like watching how real people act - I guess it's the only chance to be a fly on the wall.

Also, the 'up late' editions got me through some sleepless nights when my hubby worked night shifts and also when I was breast feeding. Better than the infomercials!

I started watching the first Season. I didn't watch Season 5 and I only watched half of Season 7 and Season 9. I got bored of both Seasons 7 & 9 and was too busy to watch Season 5.

I started watching with my sisters and mother. I watched uncut too. I was 13 :p I can't believe Mum let me watch that, but I had older sisters (15 & 17) who watched it and I guess I complained. Besides, I kind of knew everything my sisters saw because they would show or tell me.

Looking back now though, I wish I stuck it out and watched every season.

I remember Gordon being interviewed about a new reality show he was going on called Big Brother. Does anyone remember this interview or did I just imagine it? I then started watching the show when I was allowed too and instantly loved it. I was 12 when it started. Have been a big fan ever since!

but i would like to know when everyone started watching Big Brother?
I first laid eyes on the show during the 1st night of the 1st season.

how did you get into it?
It was a slow burn.

Season 1 = Watched most.
Season 2 = Missed most (work/life/girlfriend/social-life/mentality "2nd can't match the 1st")
Season 3 = Watched most. Really enjoyed Dan, Him staying counted for a lot.
Season 4 = With the discovery of an online forum for the official site, I was hooked.
Season 5 = Hooked again.
Season 6 = Auditioned for 1st and only time.
Seasons 7,8 = Waning interest, save for the forums.
Season 9 = Welcomed it back like an old-friend.

what keeps you coming back?
LOL, I honestly don't know.

The 'concept' has rung bells in me from Day One. But I'm eternally frustrated that the show isn't "all it could be". With the right production values, this 'concept' has the potential to be an enormous vehicle of good. Instead, (to put it mildly) it's become an umbrella arrangement of corporate sponsorships, wherein the actual show is a secondary by-product to facilitate ongoing revenues.

That being said, speaking as someone who's never spent a cent on the show's outcomes, I guess it's simply because I like people. Humans amaze me. From the incredibly stupid, to the stupendously genius. I like watching people do their thing, and do it well.

(Sidenote : If you ever want proof of this, do the Sydney Bridge climb {not a sponsored post} ... One one hand, you're standing on a fantastic feat of human engineering and brain power. On the other hand, mere meters away in the water sits Fort Dension. Originally built to house a cannon, only to find it's too small, and a single cannon blast would destroy it from within.)

Over the years, on occasion BB casting invariably finds a housemate who will emerge with qualities to help restore some of my faith in people in general.

I watched the first season in New Zealand when I was 11 or so.

I was obsessed with Marty.

Then I moved to Perth, and Marty's cousin was in my class. I told him I loved Marty. So his cousin got me a signed poster and all sorts of things from Marty!

I started this (Australian) season. I was too young before that and and the only impression I got from it was the HMs trying to get into each others pants. As a result I was completely against it, even pronouncing it "absolute crap." Then this year I decided to see what it was about and now I'm hooked. :D

I started watching from the 2005 season, wasn't into it but I watched a few episodes and the same till it ended.
Note - I watched all fnl

When it came back in 2012 I got really into it and this year I am just hooked completely

Back