Skip to main content

When...

kiwirick22

Sorry if this has been done before

but i would like to know when everyone started watching Big Brother?
how did you get into it?
what keeps you coming back?

Me,
i started watching Season 1,
i was in bed sick, and one monday night i switched on TV2, and there was Sara-Marie pouring drinks for the boys. but she wasn't using her hands XD

so yeah my first taste was Adults only, and i wasn't a adult
after that i started watching the daily shows, and following it.

I think it might have been after I broke up w a bf and was a bit desolate..... Although I had already looked at the feed from the house in the Netherlands (the first house I believe?). It was quite boring but ... the idea was (then) titillating...

Just find the concept rather fascinating. (Although I haven't watched every single series... Removing Gretel stressed me and I couldn't watch the last two (?) series on 10)

I started watching in season 2. I was quite young but my mother was very into it (still is) so I would watch it with her a lot. I'm finding it a lot more enjoyable now that I'm older though and can understand more of the psychology behind the game, housemate motives, personality, etc.

I started from very first episode of the first series with ben, blair, sara marie. There was all this hoopla about people going in a house with cameras being filmed 24/7 and so I wanted to see what it was about and how it worked.

Keep watching it year after year to see what happens, who the people are, how it compares and differs to previous ones, etc.

I was SO excited for Big Brother Season One Episode One, even had a 'launch viewing party' with friends.

Haven't missed an episode since ;)

I've been watching since the first season. The only time I missed part of a season was the last week of Season 6 when I was overseas for a month. I recorded it and watched it when I got back.

I was about 14 when Big Brother season one started and I watched from the start. I found the concept really interesting, and I think that first season had something special about it because the people going in and the viewers didn't know what to expect. It was truly a 'fly on the wall' experience with them. It was also a huge topic of conversation and every morning at school before classes started we'd all sit around talking about the previous night's daily show. In later years, once it got the reputation of trashy and the novelty wore off there wasn't as much discussion in my social circles because a lot of people had a 'I'm too cool/smart/whatever to watch that attitude about it. I still have watched every year (except the last on channel ten, because I can't stand Kyle Sandilands).

Series one episode one, I think it was a Public Holiday, Anzac Day?, I was staying at a friends place and they were watching and i watched too, i liked!.

I've seen them all. Season 1 to now. Season 1 seemed like it was having friends over every night because my husband I watched together and both were right into it.

I think by season 5 or 6 his enthusiasm had seriously waned and now he watches under protest.

But I still watch every night it's on.

Was on and off from Season 2 onwards. Hopped off when Kyle and Jackie O hosted and when BB returned I became more of a regular viewer. Can't remember why I started watching it. I guess I keep coming back because people are interesting.

I have watched every series from the very beginning expect for season 8 when it became apparent early on who was going to win.

Watched every series except 3 weeks of 2008 because I was overseas but I kept up with it online.

Very first season, first episode, first second. I was curious what this concept from Holland was all about and bemused and shocked that there were individuals out there willing to put themselves in this situation for whatever reason.

how did you get into it?
I find the concept of a human zoo fascinating. It's more than mere vouyerism, goes well beyond that. People can accuse BB producers of deliberately manipulating the housemates to act a certain way but at the end of the day nobody can predict human behaviour 100% of the time and is that unpredictability that intrigues me.

Analysing human group behaviour never gets boring if the casting is right. Too many nasty imbeciles like ben12, stacca and mike12 creates a very boring hateful dynamic. This year's is pretty good though.

Very first season, first episode, first second. I was curious what this concept from Holland was all about and bemused and shocked that there were individuals out there willing to put themselves in this situation for whatever reason.

how did you get into it?
I find the concept of a human zoo fascinating. It's more than mere vouyerism, goes well beyond that. People can accuse BB producers of deliberately manipulating the housemates to act a certain way but at the end of the day nobody can predict human behaviour 100% of the time and is that unpredictability that intrigues me.

Analysing human group behaviour never gets boring if the casting is right. Too many nasty imbeciles like ben12, stacca and mike12 creates a very boring hateful dynamic. This year's is pretty good though.

1. Since first season 2001

2. A work acquaintance from work said that a new show is starting called BB (they used to live in the U.K) and said it will be huge here in Australia. I thought the concept sounded ridiculous but I decided to give it a shot.

3. I ask myself the same question everyday! ;)

I and I forgot to add that I find the shenanigans (which are often humiliating and embarrassing)that the housemates get up whilst in the house, incredibly hilarious. BB is right up with the best of the sitcoms as far as I'm concerned.

I've seen them all. Season 1 to now. Season 1 seemed like it was having friends over every night because my husband I watched together and both were right into it.

I think by season 5 or 6 his enthusiasm had seriously waned and now he watches under protest.

But I still watch every night it's on.

Can this be my post too since all of it holds true? :)

I didn't watch the first series (I was 9!)

Started watching in 2002, mostly for the uncut shows (I was a naughty boy!)

Continued to watch 2003-2004 though not religiously as I did in 2005. I think the introduction of FNL got more young viewers into it.

I didn't watch as much in 2006 because I didn't like the housemates (bore!)

Watched 2007 more religiously again but not as much as I watched 2008 (missing a few eps here and there) and 2012 (never missed an ep! OK, maybe one or three)

2013 is looking great so far and I haven't missed an ep!

Last edited:
Back