Skip to main content

What's your biggest fear?

Large crowds.
Being trapped.

Lots of other things are icky and I don't like them, but they're the two that cause panic.
Mine is being trapped and left there, or I'm trapped and don't know what is going to happen next. That feeling of helplessness that comes along with it *shudders*. It's the wait that frightens me I think
See, I'm quite similar when it comes to these as well... but, for me, I don't necessarily fear large crowds/helplessness/being trapped, etc, but I would definitely say I'm anxious, and socially anxious, in these situations. ...which is close enough, right? :writing:

See, I'm quite similar when it comes to these as well... but, for me, I don't necessarily fear large crowds/helplessness/being trapped, etc, but I would definitely say I'm anxious, and socially anxious, in these situations. ...which is close enough, right? :writing:
Yeah I see what you mean. It's more of a panic thing. But the thought of it does make me quite scared. Just brings up bad memories when I was a kid I think. I never want to be trapped or like I'm not in control if that makes sense. With spiders and things like that, I have control of what I can do. We all throw scenarios around like a room full of spiders or cockroaches, but it's not a realistic thing that will happen and I can opt out of that if it were a choice to choose I suppose. But being confined I don't have an option and not knowing what will happen scares me to no end. I'm also afraid of dying in pain. I hope I pass away in my sleep or something. I don't want to feel it.

OMG the bird thing must be debilitating.

I went for a walk with a person who feared birds - that was a revelation.
You can't go near parks, trees, beach, anything pleasant.

My fears are poverty and randomness - ie idiots doing stupid shit, like coward punches, or attacking the innocent.

Have you overcome or developed fears over your life?

I have overcome fears of mice, creepy crawlies, possibly snakes - not tested.

I mean well, you have to, you have to learn to deal with them when they pop into your home.
I couldn't go near them, now I can kill em no problems mostly.

And fear of public speaking was stopping me from progressing and achieving something I wanted to pursue.
So I attacked that one - and now I love public speaking, it is fun, and it is even more fun when you meet people who would literally rather die than do it.

And I have developed a fear of heights.
Used to be fine.
Freaky rides, cliffs, tall buildings - none of that bothered me at all.

But I got freaked out by an optical illusion from a balcony at a hotel in Perth, and ever since, my height thing just gets worse.
I could never go on the rides I did as a teen - this is partly normal isn't it, getting more sensible really as you grow?

Socially anxious is good way of putting it. Ties my stomach in knots.

Do you get that feeling from cotton balls? I can't touch them because it's that skin crawl feeling.
Are you my brother? He has that cotton wool thing. I've never heard of anyone else having it before. He can't even be in the same room if his wife is using cotton balls to remove makeup or nail polish. He was so easy to freak out when we were kids. Bahahahahaha.

OMG the bird thing must be debilitating.

I went for a walk with a person who feared birds - that was a revelation.
You can't go near parks, trees, beach, anything pleasant.

I hate them.... Like just looking at birds makes me cringe. And at the park when they fly near me my heart beats really fast or if they fly off when I'm near them.
I especially hate driving near birds...like I'll be driving and the bloody bird doesn't fly away..I'm scared I'll run it over or it'll fly towards my screen
I've never seen Hitchcock - The birds, I think if I ever do...I'll cry.

I hate them.... Like just looking at birds makes me cringe. And at the park when they fly near me my heart beats really fast or if they fly off when I'm near them.
I especially hate driving near birds...like I'll be driving and the bloody bird doesn't fly away..I'm scared I'll run it over or it'll fly towards my screen
I've never seen Hitchcock - The birds, I think if I ever do...I'll cry.
What about parrots? I feel so sad you don't like birds:(

Here is Mine he's called Clyde and wouldn't hurt you. He'd destroy yr phone but wouldn't hurt you....
Clyde1.jpg

Back