Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

I am making an experiment tonight, a kind of chicken & rice thing.

I fried the thinly sliced bits of chicken breast after coating them in rice flour and a bit of french onion soup mix, and made a huge pile of caramelised onion.
Going to fry the rice with corn bits and julienne carrots, bit of the onion. Not sure how I will construct the end result.
Chuck the chicken bits on top, with onion I think.

We eat so much chicken breast, I need new recipes.

I am making an experiment tonight, a kind of chicken & rice thing.

I fried the thinly sliced bits of chicken breast after coating them in rice flour and a bit of french onion soup mix, and made a huge pile of caramelised onion.
Going to fry the rice with corn bits and julienne carrots, bit of the onion. Not sure how I will construct the end result.
Chuck the chicken bits on top, with onion I think.

We eat so much chicken breast, I need new recipes.

So how did it work out?

My chicken go to's

Cajun Chicken Salad with Asian Style Dressing
Salad has Spinach, Cherry Toms, Avocardo, Red Onion and Parmasen Cheese. Roasted Cashews as well.
The Dressing is yum - I can post another time if interested. It is a mix of Sweet Soy and Chilli and Ginger, Garlic and Coriander and other stuff.
The Cajun Spice varies from the spice mixes available. Masterfoods does an OK one, it depends on how hot you like it. Next time I make it, I am going to smash all the spices in my mortal and see how I go!

Also, can't go past a Thai Green Curry - have tested many a ready mix and Marions is the best so far.
I am going to Purchase the paste next time, and source the Kaffer Lime Leaves and use home grown Chillis etc next time.

I do prefer to cook with Chook Thighs

Reactions: kxk
Ooo that cajun dish and the salad sounds yum, yes please to any recipes. I love the sound of that salad, another dish I need new inspirations with.

My chicken experiment worked well, it ended up like a version of fried rice (experiment was due to - that is what is left in the fridge).
Ended up mixing all the onion through at the end.
And fried until some rice turns crunchy, very nice. Coriander would make it perfect, and some nuts.

Last night we had 'breaded' chicken and buttery veg. So good.

View attachment 51205

Breaded chicken - get in my mouth any time of the day...

giphy_127.gif

Its expensive (in the store i go to its $20 for 4 ) but if ever you come across this icecream you should totally try it.
http://patandstick.com.au/flavours/
I usually get the chocolate lace one, but the espresso one is amazing too.
chocolate_lace.jpg

its crispy and its gooey and the chocolate is beautiful *muah*

I'm just going to bump this up. Does anyone have any suggestions for recipes that make several quantities that freeze well for a few weeks or even months? I have a few recipes but I'm not feeling particularly inspired. I don't eat dinner that much, so maybe that's why.

I'm just going to bump this up. Does anyone have any suggestions for recipes that make several quantities that freeze well for a few weeks or even months? I have a few recipes but I'm not feeling particularly inspired. I don't eat dinner that much, so maybe that's why.
I never have issues with freezing spag bol.

Why don't you do slow cooker dump meals,you can prepare them and then when you are ready to cook you take the dump meal out the freezer and put it into the slow cooker
http://www.slowcookercentral.com/ne...mp-bag-freezer-meals-shopping-lists-included/

http://www.slowcookercentral.com/recipes

Back