Skip to main content

What would reepbot say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that big lottery win was drawn today. I think it was something like 1.4 billion dollars. If you had won that much money, how many people would you tell? For me I would try to tell as few as people as possible. I wouldn't go blabbing it on here. In fact I wouldn't go blabbing on hereabout me winning anything otherwise it might go something like this:

'Wohoo, i just won the lottery!'

'Wow. How much did you win?'

'Oh, um I just won a dollar.'

'But you said you just won the lottery?'

'I know, I meant scratchies.'

'But you just posted that you won the lottery. That is a bit different from winning some money in a scratchie, reepbot.'

'I guess it was just a slip of the tongue.'

'Also I really don't see why you posted that in the first place. Winning a whole dollar is nothing to brag about. How much did you spend on that scratchie?'

'Uhh, a dollar.'

'So in actual fact you didn't really win anything at all. And another thing, why are you wasting money on scratchies? You should really be thinking of your financial future.'

'I have to go now.'

So that big lottery win was drawn today. I think it was something like 1.4 billion dollars. If you had won that much money, how many people would you tell? For me I would try to tell as few as people as possible. I wouldn't go blabbing it on here. In fact I wouldn't go blabbing on hereabout me winning anything otherwise it might go something like this:

'Wohoo, i just won the lottery!'

'Wow. How much did you win?'

'Oh, um I just won a dollar.'

'But you said you just won the lottery?'

'I know, I meant scratchies.'

'But you just posted that you won the lottery. That is a bit different from winning some money in a scratchie, reepbot.'

'I guess it was just a slip of the tongue.'

'Also I really don't see why you posted that in the first place. Winning a whole dollar is nothing to brag about. How much did you spend on that scratchie?'

'Uhh, a dollar.'

'So in actual fact you didn't really win anything at all. And another thing, why are you wasting money on scratchies? You should really be thinking of your financial future.'

'I have to go now.'

I'd tell as few people as possible. I might tell some that I won $100k or something, just to cover myself.

How to explain suddenly having a sick house and motor vehicles though and flying first class around the world though?

I'd tell as few people as possible. I might tell some that I won $100k or something, just to cover myself.

How to explain suddenly having a sick house and motor vehicles though and flying first class around the world though?

If they ask say it's none of their business.

Yes good idea. I guess no one would ask would they? This is s problem I'll never have sadly :(

Well i guess people would be too polite to ask any nosy questions.

I am not sure if i would like to have that problem. I think it would be more trouble than it would be worth.

Well i guess people would be too polite to ask any nosy questions.

I am not sure if i would like to have that problem. I think it would be more trouble than it would be worth.

I think I'd survive alright. I like to worry about these hypothetical things. Like I recently bought a raffle ticket at a shopping centre for which first prize is a car. But I just bought a new car a few weeks ago, do I sell the better car if I win it?

I think I'd survive alright. I like to worry about these hypothetical things. Like I recently bought a raffle ticket at a shopping centre for which first prize is a car. But I just bought a new car a few weeks ago, do I sell the better car if I win it?

Yes, sell the better car.

Well that's good to know. Any more hypothetical crisis in your life? I have hundreds of them. Like what would happen if i woke up and found that i was blind? No more reepbot thread!

Ok I was legit terrified of that as a kid as I read a book where the protagonist woke up blind. My dad is a doctor and he explained that this wouldn't happen, and looking for light in the room still wasn't enough to assure me I hadn't gone blind that I eventually needed a night light. Thankfully I got over this fear.

I'll think of some hypothetical dilemmas I'm sure.

Ok I was legit terrified of that as a kid as I read a book where the protagonist woke up blind. My dad is a doctor and he explained that this wouldn't happen, and looking for light in the room still wasn't enough to assure me I hadn't gone blind that I eventually needed a night light. Thankfully I got over this fear.

I'll think of some hypothetical dilemmas I'm sure.

Well that is good that you got over that fear. It is good to have family members involved in the medical profession. I remember watching a movie where this young lady jumped into this huge bucket of water with a horse and became blind. But i might be not remembering it properly.

Another hypothetical dilemma for me would be forgetting money when paying for something such as petrol.

Well that is good that you got over that fear. It is good to have family members involved in the medical profession. I remember watching a movie where this young lady jumped into this huge bucket of water with a horse and became blind. But i might be not remembering it properly.

Another hypothetical dilemma for me would be forgetting money when paying for something such as petrol.

Yes, well my sister would be awake each night worried about an intruder and pretty sure I was once terrified there would be an earthquake. We probably were neurotic children. Sadly my father's medical degree couldn't help those fears!

That dilemma happened to me once. What happened was I had the wrong card with me and this card had no money, they guy actually let me have the petrol for free. I had a baby with me so I think he felt especially sorry for me. I went back later to pay but he wouldn't take it. But I think they have a process in those cases and they just get your details, since you can't exactly return the petrol. It happened once with groceries too, but they held my stuff while I went home and got my cash, sooooo annoying though.

Well that's good to know. Any more hypothetical crisis in your life? I have hundreds of them. Like what would happen if i woke up and found that i was blind? No more reepbot thread!
I am sure in this wonderful day and age there is a program to convert braille into Georgia font.
Reepbot thread can never be destroyed.
Reepbot thread can only perish by self-terminating.
giphy.gif

Yes, well my sister would be awake each night worried about an intruder and pretty sure I was once terrified there would be an earthquake. We probably were neurotic children. Sadly my father's medical degree couldn't help those fears!

That dilemma happened to me once. What happened was I had the wrong card with me and this card had no money, they guy actually let me have the petrol for free. I had a baby with me so I think he felt especially sorry for me. I went back later to pay but he wouldn't take it. But I think they have a process in those cases and they just get your details, since you can't exactly return the petrol. It happened once with groceries too, but they held my stuff while I went home and got my cash, sooooo annoying though.

Ohhh, an earthquake would be awful. I was, or probably still am, a tiny bit neurotic.

That was interesting to hear about the petrol. Very kind of him. My nearest petrol station is only a two minute walk from where i live, so i wonder if they would let me walk home and get the money or not? (After i moved the car of course)..

I am sure in this wonderful day and age there is a program to convert braille into Georgia font.
Reepbot thread can never be destroyed.
Reepbot thread can only perish by self-terminating.
giphy.gif

Yeah, you are probably right about that. Some type of text to speech thing? I could actually be abke to hear posters insulting me. That would be fun.

Yes, i hope this thread does not get destroyed. Any other ideas for this thread?

Yes, i hope this thread does not get destroyed. Any other ideas for this thread?
Your thread Reepbot. I guess a general guideline would be to introduce topics that are inclusive to all and generally widely known.
Discussions on movies, books, music and tv and such are good because we all have a taste in popular culture and like talking and discussing for fun. After all, look where we are!
When I first joined this forum I particularly enjoyed the daily show threads. They were quick, rapid-fire immediate bursts of posts which were fun to read and participate in. No time to look back at a quote! You are 10 pages behind already.
It just seemed like really organic the way the thread operated. Too quick flowing for personal agenda chasing. Though you can if you are that way inclined and quick. Those threads just seemed like a bunch of people sharing a common interest with different opinions.
So.
Maybe nominate a reality show or a movie that is coming up on free to air tv and schedule and host a commentary on it ala Daily show threads. Open to all. Could be fun. But I imagine canvassing people as to some options and then settling a time that would be agreeable to all would be necessary.
Even if it is weeks in the planning. Might be worth it.
Imagine the anticipation.
Just an idea.
Thoughts Reepbot?

And I am guessing Reepbot Report live is running an hour late because of some recently acquired bombshell?

Your thread Reepbot. I guess a general guideline would be to introduce topics that are inclusive to all and generally widely known.
Discussions on movies, books, music and tv and such are good because we all have a taste in popular culture and like talking and discussing for fun. After all, look where we are!
When I first joined this forum I particularly enjoyed the daily show threads. They were quick, rapid-fire immediate bursts of posts which were fun to read and participate in. No time to look back at a quote! You are 10 pages behind already.
It just seemed like really organic the way the thread operated. Too quick flowing for personal agenda chasing. Though you can if you are that way inclined and quick. Those threads just seemed like a bunch of people sharing a common interest with different opinions.
So.
Maybe nominate a reality show or a movie that is coming up on free to air tv and schedule and host a commentary on it ala Daily show threads. Open to all. Could be fun. But I imagine canvassing people as to some options and then settling a time that would be agreeable to all would be necessary.
Even if it is weeks in the planning. Might be worth it.
Imagine the anticipation.
Just an idea.
Thoughts Reepbot?

And I am guessing Reepbot Report live is running an hour late because of some recently acquired bombshell?

Sounds like some good ideas. I like the running commentry thing. Problem is that i have no free to air tv. But i do have heaps of movies and stuff like that. Maybe I could do a running commentry on Die Hard? That would seem rather appropriate after the events of the past hour.

And reepbot live is running late because i kind of get the feeling people might be a bit exhausted after last night.

Sounds like some good ideas. I like the running commentry thing. Problem is that i have no free to air tv. But i do have heaps of movies and stuff like that. Maybe I could do a running commentry on Die Hard? That would seem rather appropriate after the events of the past hour.

And reepbot live is running late because i kind of get the feeling people might be a bit exhausted after last night.
Perhaps ask people to list movies that they own. Collate numbers find the most common one and schedule a night and time so people could all start to watch the movie simultaneously. Thus giving it that live commentary community feel. Maybe?
And I understand the non-transmission of Reepbot Report Live tonight as a demonstrative gesture of restorative peace.
Unless it was Thursday Night Light Reepbot live.
Where levity, laughter and silliness is the order of the day.

Perhaps ask people to list movies that they own. Collate numbers find the most common one and schedule a night and time so people could all start to watch the movie simultaneously. Thus giving it that live commentary community feel. Maybe?
And I understand the non-transmission of Reepbot Report Live tonight as a demonstrative gesture of restorative peace.
Unless it was Thursday Night Light Reepbot live.
Where levity, laughter and silliness is the order of the day.

That sounds good. I'll post my list later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back