Skip to main content

What would Reepbot say (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i enjoyed the second part of titanic with all its impending doom. when they realised the futility of it all, i have a soft spot for films like that.

i haven't watched much aronofsky if at all. his films just don't interest me. though one thing i've noticed is that his films seem to get less popular with the critics. probably because they've realised his little tricks now. (same with christopher nolan).

early spielberg (jaws, indiana jones, close encounters) much better than his later work where it seems he has taken it upon himself to become america's storyteller. drab and restrained does not suit him imo.

watching new york new york. ok film. though i liked all about eve better, mainly because the writing was better, plus it was pretty tightly scripted in the way it was structured.

And anything by shitty Darren Aronofsky........

I watched mother! a while back. Starts off quite like a normal story and descends into complete and utter gobsmacking madness. Afterwards I read on Wikipedia that the whole thing was a symbolic retelling of the Bible. Unfortunately without that information the movie is just bizarre.

Reactions: kxk
apparently bonnie and clyde was the first movie to show the affects of a gun shot, like what happened to a person when they got shot.

gene hackman, what a great actor, a pity he retired and became a writer, a great pity indeed, unless his books are actually good, or not.

i wish they would bring back the slower pace of films instead of this fast paced cut/cut/cut film making of the modern era. let the movie breathhhhe instead of over stuffing it.

also i think comedies in movies should be no more than 90-100 minutes. anything longer is a drag. which is why i hate improvisation in these kind of movies. it's never funny, they always go the lazy and vulgar route, plus it is just boring.

saboteur was quite a neat hitchcock thriller.

now watching another hitchcock film notorious. in black and white! dun dun dun! dunnnnn! gulppp.

There is a lot of utter crap in the comedy list........most of them suck, especially World's End
Shaun of the Dead should be number one....the opening scenes.....zombie drunk woman in the backyard, hilarious, I prefer UK funnies
Most USA ones I find tedious.....last I liked were Zoolander and Pineapple Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back