Skip to main content

What would Reepbot say (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that article about parents thinking that they know best for their autistic kids is sad and troubling. mainly because it comes across that these parents are doing it for themselves not their children.

i mean, does it matter if their child doesn't go to every social event? especially if it is too noisy or bright for them?

one of the weirdest things over the past ten years has been the rise of youtube personalities. we truly live in disturbing times.

damn, i wish i could find out loiusa's last name. a true beauty she is, heart as pure as ali, soul as strong as tina arena.

i have to try and think of a next speech for toastmasters. but i have plenty of time to find inspiration. to look deep in my soul and find something that inspires me.

what inspires you?

i mean, does it matter if their child doesn't go to every social event? especially if it is too noisy or bright for them?
I watched a video the other day trying to depict what it is like for an autistic child in a shopping centre with the noise and the sounds and light. it was overwhelming and you can see how it would lead to panic and feeling upset.

I can get overwhelmed in shopping centres anyway! In a way beyond autism its like when parents try and get shy or introverted children to interact more. Sometimes they don't want to and that is ok too.

That must have scary. Glad everything is ok
yes it is temporarily shored up to stop the roof blowing off and causing damage to other things. don't know what we will do longer term at the moment. Husband is on crutches and in a moonboot so we are a tad limited on what we can do ourselves!

i'm quite strange, because i like shopping centres, even when it is packed out at christmas time. my thinking is that everyone is in their own isolation bubble doing their own thing which mean i don't have to be social.

however, get those same shoppers and put them in a party to me and it is a very different story.

i'm quite strange, because i like shopping centres, even when it is packed out at christmas time. my thinking is that everyone is in their own isolation bubble doing their own thing which mean i don't have to be social.

however, get those same shoppers and put them in a party to me and it is a very different story.
i have had a head injury and some vestibular issues in my life so I have experienced times where being at social events like parties I found all the voices made me feel like wanted to throw up. they just all were mingling in my mind at once and I couldn't make out any one conversation properly to be able to interact. Is that kind of what it feels like for you? or something else?[DOUBLEPOST=1523675291][/DOUBLEPOST]
nature can be so scary.
it can[DOUBLEPOST=1523675316][/DOUBLEPOST]
how do you have your steak? i like it rare. booo, rare. how awful. how awful indeed. no it's not.
medium rare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back