Skip to main content

What would Reepbot say (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
controversial opinion time: i can't wait for i'm a celebrity to be axed.

I will never understand why people call for shows they don't like to be axed. They don't make it for you, if you don't like it, don't watch it. There are many shows I don't like, but if other people do, let them watch it.

I will never understand why people call for shows they don't like to be axed. They don't make it for you, if you don't like it, don't watch it. There are many shows I don't like, but if other people do, let them watch it.

Because it's an awful show and it needs to be axed. For the sake of reality television in Australia.

Because it's an awful show and it needs to be axed. For the sake of reality television in Australia.

That's just an opinion though reepbot. Many people hated Big Brother and either wanted it to be axed/are glad it is no longer on.

That's just an opinion though reepbot. Many people hated Big Brother and either wanted it to be axed/are glad it is no longer on.

Well I for one am glad they axed big brother because Alex M was ruining it. I hope they bring it back with a competent executive producer.

Well I for one am glad they axed big brother because Alex M was ruining it. I hope they bring it back with a competent executive producer.

I'm glad they did too, because it had become a very pale imitation of what had once been a great show.
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here has a lot wrong with it, but I feel that suggesting ways to improve it, or just changing the channel, is more productive than demanding for it to be axed. It will be axed soon enough if the ratings keep dropping.

I'm glad they did too, because it had become a very pale imitation of what had once been a great show.
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here has a lot wrong with it, but I feel that suggesting ways to improve it, or just changing the channel, is more productive than demanding for it to be axed. It will be axed soon enough if the ratings keep dropping.

The way I'd improve it is not having celebrities on there, because I believe that having famous people on reality television goes against everything of what makes that genre so fascinating.

The way I'd improve it is not having celebrities on there, because I believe that having famous people on reality television goes against everything of what makes that genre so fascinating.

I could be wrong but I think the "celebrity" angle is a pretty important part of the premise of the show. 'I'm an ordinary person get me out of here' doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

I could be wrong but I think the "celebrity" angle is a pretty important part of the premise of the show. 'I'm an ordinary person get me out of here' doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Celebrities have already had their stories told, reality television to me is telling the journey of the average everyday person.

I'm an ordinary person here me out of here would be survivor wouldn't it??

Reactions: kxk
Pretty much. Which is not what this show is trying to be - it exists BECAUSE of the celebrities.

and destroys the very spirit of reality tv!!!! its very entire soul. spits it out like some kind of maniacal demon in a demon shopping shop!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much. Which is not what this show is trying to be - it exists BECAUSE of the celebrities.
I have to admit I am not often a big fan of celebrity reality shows, but yip in this case the whole premise of why this one exists is the celebrity so without celebrity the show is dead anyway.

But both of your comments this morning made me thing - have I ever wanted to see a show axed just because I didn't like it?

The only things I could think of off the top of my head I probably would never have actually said I wanted axed as I think they are on foxtel so people pay to watch it anyway and that is the kardashians show, and that is more that I am more just perplexed by its very existence and popularity!

The only other thing I can think of that I just laughed when it was axed because it was such a bad idea i don't know how it even got approved was that Celebrity splash diving show on a few years back.

didn't it all start with the osbournes? following a famous family doing rich stuff? kardashians merely followed that trend but became more popular. didn't hurt that they were attractive.

I have to admit I am not often a big fan of celebrity reality shows, but yip in this case the whole premise of why this one exists is the celebrity so without celebrity the show is dead anyway.

But both of your comments this morning made me thing - have I ever wanted to see a show axed just because I didn't like it?

The only things I could think of off the top of my head I probably would never have actually said I wanted axed as I think they are on foxtel so people pay to watch it anyway and that is the kardashians show, and that is more that I am more just perplexed by its very existence and popularity!

The only other thing I can think of that I just laughed when it was axed because it was such a bad idea i don't know how it even got approved was that Celebrity splash diving show on a few years back.

Yes, I have either laughed or been pleased when a particularly awful show has been axed. It's only natural to not want to be bombarded with ads for things like Kardashians and Habibs. I think that's a different thing to actively campaigning to get something axed though. Not that reepbot was writing letters and pacing the Channel TEN carpark with a Tina Arena placard (though he might have been). He did post passionately about wanting it axed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back